Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

Loving the build so far, feel like i'm at a loss as to what to try and upgrade gear wise at this point. If anyone is bored and has some spare time to check my gear and what my weakest link is, it'd be greatly appreciated. If not enjoying the build so nothing really lost.

Thanks in advance.
I wondered about inspiration too, I'm too afraid to use inspiration. Didn't you lost like a lot of survivability by ditching life on hit? According to pob, regular RF would ramp up by a lot if I used inspi... but I'm afraid I'll die a lot more.

I bought the flasks this afternoon and got atziri's. It seem I'm able to play on T12 maps now, so thanks everyone for their help.
I can't really give advice on gear aside from the fact that Replica Atziri's Foible is awesome and that, especially as someone who has to go near stuff to kill it, armour is very helpful. Elenher, you for example have almost no armour. Thus your physical damage reduction solely relies on a bit of block and the chaos golem. I'd say your weakest link with top priority is your boots. It has a relatively low life roll. After that I'd probably go for the chest. It's 6l and has good life, but it offers nothing aside from probably redundant fire resistance.

I really advise it, get armour. It's an important defensive layer and should naturally be expanded on since the shields we use already have high armour, we gain no benefit from ES aside from minor damage and we've not invested in evasion enough to benefit from that. With 40-60% (It fluctuated with gear and passive changes since I adjusted the tree a bit) pyhsical resistance I was able to run T15 up to T16 (Haven't tried further, I'm switching builds occasionally and reuse most of my gear. So aside from weapon, amulet and belt, as well as crafted changes, on my character LibraExMortem it's exactly the same for LibraExInfernum). Another thing I can suggest is swapping one of your anti-bleed flasks to anti-curse flasks. You'd be surprised on how many times I've died to curses. In rituals I just button-mashed every potion and circled outwards (Ranged mobs are the most dangerous usually and you don't wanna just stand there and let mobs hit you anyway) until there's nothing left. Charges aren't usually a problem. Can't speak for juiced bossing though.

Regarding Inspiration... try it. I admit that the life on hit was very helpful while leveling and early mapping, but with those flasks it's more important that dangerous rare mobs and stuff die asap, even though - and I just need to remind you - RF will never do more than just enough damage. So definitely work on your defensive layers.

That's all that I can say with my experience ^^

Edit: I switched back to my RF character so you can take a proper look.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Mar 7, 2021, 8:09:38 AM
One thing both of you should consider is a shield with +max fire resistance. The easy, cheap option is Rise of the Phoenix, but it doesn't have much life. Or you could go for a shield such as mine:

which is by no means perfect, and has less %max fire res than RotP, but much more life and also good regen.

I'm not sure how much armour helps in this build - it's nice to have, but we don't really invest in it, and when you reach endgame stuff, most of my deaths have been of the "balanced PoE" one-shot style. For those, unless you have extremely high armour, the only way out is to manually dodge things. I even switched out of the Aegis for Heart of Destruction, because once you're facing T15+ bosses, you want them to die as soon as possible since some of them can kill you quite easily.

(switching to HoD does have the significant drawback that you're no longer immune to ele reflect, so you need to remember to remove your Wave of Conviction/Purifying Flame setup before doing ele reflect maps and not ragequit like an idiot when you start dying for "no reason" like someone I know who is definitely not me.)

But it would be nice to hear Wrecker or people more experienced with RF on this.

edit: the same reasoning applies to switching out of LGoH to the inspiration setup - at a certain level of damage, the LGoH starts mattering less and less, and you simply need more DPS and better dodging skills :)
Last edited by Faldrath on Mar 7, 2021, 5:47:14 PM
Yeah, it's kinda hard to find 'decent' shields with +max fire resistance. Instead I bought me a nice armour and now with my craft it gives 17% max HP :D It doesn't matter if we don't invest too much on the passive tree for armour gain. Fact is, we don't have much physical reduction and armour provides at least some layer of protection. Currenctly I'm sitting at 55% phys reduction, not counting fortify. So getting armour where possible definitely is a good idea, don't you think?
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
"
Zythixx wrote:
Loving the build so far, feel like i'm at a loss as to what to try and upgrade gear wise at this point. If anyone is bored and has some spare time to check my gear and what my weakest link is, it'd be greatly appreciated. If not enjoying the build so nothing really lost.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Zythixx, I'm kind of in the same boat, gear-wise. At the higher levels it's about min/maxing what you have/can find, unless you've got a lot of spare Exalts laying around.

One thing to try is getting quality on your auras and stone Golem. That will help life recovery and survivability (WoD told me the same and I'm working on that now).

"Growth & Decay" anoint on a good Marble Amulet may be a place to look as well.

I've also invested in some cluster jewels that provide damage and life buffs, that way I can look for pure life boosts on gear (vs. damage mods)

Life pool drives everything on this build, so anywhere you can look to improve that, it will be beneficial. Granted, that's hard to do at the higher levels unless you're rich.
Thanks for your patience everyone! It was a much busier weekend which, unfortunately, gave me no time to respond to guides. I hope everyone is well and having fun. (As there are a lot of replies to go through (my fault) I'll just respond to direct replies or things that haven't been answered. Sorry if I don't comment on every post, I mean no offence.)

"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks WoD. I'm not sure where else to gain a significant amount of life ATM considering the rolls I currently have on gear and trade market (non-exalt). I'll tinker with defensive curses since the phys damage is what's doing me in I believe.

I have arkakalli as major and abberath as minor in the pantheon, might switch to grothkul on minor for more damage redux. Don't see any valuing in leveling either however.

I threw arc on there as an experiment to get the EE/curse on mobs vs. the straight line of BL. Seems to be working ok but would prefer something that lights up everyone - any other options? I did try orb of storms which actually works pretty well against bosses since it stays "up" for a while and continues to hit, but it's got limited range since it's static placement.
Hey Rex_Urhole! I honestly like Ball Lightning as my suggestion. It "pierces" groups, hits as many enemies without limitation, keeps moving, has a decent horizontal reach, and no cooldown. Some people like brands, but I haven't moved off of BL because I can't find anything I like better.

"
Gaz2144 wrote:
Spoiler
Ty for the build loving it, I've slightly deviated and gone off piste but the foundations have helped me.
Awesome Gaz2144! Thanks for taking the time to be so thoughtful. I'm glad it's helped in some way. I hope your build crushes the game!

"
Faldrath wrote:
Spoiler
I think golem jewels and investing in golems is generally a bad idea for this build - it doesn't really rely on golem damage, and the golems are there mostly for their buffs (the life regen, whhich does not stack - adding a third stone golem is useless), the ailment immunity (which is the main thing), and as decoys. Adding a 5th golem gives us very little.

Getting a jewel with %max life and any combination of increased fire damage/fire dot multiplier/burning damage will give much better results in terms of DPS and survivability.
I agree Faldrath...in terms of gear and doing your own thing. The investment into Golems currently is almost free. Yes, there are two ascendancy nodes for it, but also only 3 nodes on the actual tree. So it's easy to socket them in and run RF smoothly without needing any gear. So it's just the gear that can take on a focus of anything you like. (Maybe that's what you were already saying.)

"
LibraExAnima wrote:
"
Elenher wrote:
Replica Foible and Swift Aff.
Hey Elenher and LibraExAnima! Ya, life regen/recovery is always helpful so you just have to ask yourself what you're giving up for it. I find the build's weak point is physical damage mitigation more than regen so I always suggest making sure you're comfortable with the build-in most situations before you start getting specific. It's an awesome amulet though. To me, I have a lot of peace of mind when I have ONE item that takes care of my attributes. It makes messing around with my other gear so much easier.

In terms of Swift Affliction, its damage output is pretty minor compared to the other options in the build. The only thing is, the other options have cons to consider (Conc. Eff. has the reduced AoE and Inspiration requires to gem sockets.) IF Life Gain on Hit isn't something you find too helpful, Inspiration is the most solid DPS choice for sure as AoE has big Survivability perks.

Hopefully, this was slightly helpful instead of redundant.

"
Zythixx wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks in advance.
I'm glad you're liking the build Zythixx! In terms of gear, you have some nice items with great rolls. Nice call 5 linking Cyclone too. Improvements to gear at this point are simply being picky, but since you asked, improving the rolls on your two Vermillion Rings would help. Influenced items with the exact same mods as your non-influenced items would help too ;). One thing to keep in mind is that many of your support gems are around level 17. So you'll find a big difference in content once those hit 18, 19, and 20. (So a helmet that has Concentrated Effect and Burning both at 20 is an obvious upgrade too.)

I love your gear though. I'd love to have that gear if I could.

Thanks for being so helpful to each other and for being respectful when discussing different opinions and thoughts. You're all awesome.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I hope everyone is well and having fun. You all rock!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"

With my recent upgrades (Belt and Chest as well as 1 jewel) I'm having almost 9k HP, almost 1,7k r/s, 54% phys reduction and 40something chaos resistance and am able to more or less comfortably run even alched T16 maps, avoiding all nasty mods of course (Oh boy, the times I had to scour maps because it would give me less regen lol).

Spoiler

Today I've beaten an alched Hydra (Without dying once, but admittedly Hydra and whatshisface with the water orbs all over the place are the easier guardians), ran several Breach maps, was able to survive maps with a TON of harbingers (Due to Maven Area skill points in that region pumped into Harbinger nodes all the while the maps had the beyond mods!) while I wasn't able to currently do that with my zombies and now I'm going to get the rest of the level up first before continuing gathering bosses for Maven, approaching the Minotaur without hiring free boss-killer help from #820 and trying Uber Atziri for the first time ever in almost 900 hours game time, heh.

Next I'm gonna upgrade either my rings (Higher life roll) or my shield (3% max res, but I only buy shields that offer the same amount or more armour than my current one, so 900+), depending on what is available and how much stuff I sell (The soulrend gear still needs to sell, oh boy that was a grab for the toilet pit). I was contemplating getting corrupted armour doryani boots with a % life implicit that give me level 25 purity of fire for that one extra % max res, but I'm not really sure about that. Resistances are no problem, but the POB comparison data confuses me, it even deemed my new belt worse than my old even though overall it offers a lot more.

So yeah, I'd say it's going very well. I'm even surviving alched T16 rituals now while only dying if I am too slow to activate my flasks lol

Edit:
Uber Atziri - Nope, just nope. Free boss-killers for the win! :P Just a shame she only dropped her armour. Not that I know what else she drops, but well. At least got the completion I guess.
HoG - Hard nope. Impossible.
Minotaur - Annoying, died a few times. But got him, heh.
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Mar 9, 2021, 11:25:58 PM
"

Thanks, doing well. When it comes to the build, I've reached that annoying point where almost everything that kills me does it almost instantly and I can't tell what happened. This is not the build's fault, it's PoE's... but the age-old "the grass is greener" thought always makes me want to consider playing something else. So I haven't really invested in this build since I might want to switch, even though maybe investing in it would help me avoid the one-shot crappy-annoying-insert-swear-word-here deaths. (I am also aware that I am releveling most of my support gems after getting 20% on them, so my power level is lower than it should be).

Anyway. Mostly ranting, but general survival tips for t15+ content would be appreciated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info