Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

I don't see much wrong with the changes that you made. 6K life for RF is ok, not great, but not bad. So increasing that would help as our physical damage mitigation isn't the best. Also, I'm not sure what you have selected in your pantheon, but if you can spare it, Physical damage mitigation there is a big help.

Arc only hits 6(?) enemies at a time, but that would only matter from a survivable standpoint if large packs weren't dying fast enough.

You could always switch Flammability with Enfeeble for defence.

You could also go with Life Gain on Hit instead of Inspiration too.

I don't see anything wrong though. Things look solid. I may have missed something but it looks good.[/span][/quote]

Thanks WoD. I'm not sure where else to gain a significant amount of life ATM considering the rolls I currently have on gear and trade market (non-exalt). I'll tinker with defensive curses since the phys damage is what's doing me in I believe.

I have arkakalli as major and abberath as minor in the pantheon, might switch to grothkul on minor for more damage redux. Don't see any valuing in leveling either however.

I threw arc on there as an experiment to get the EE/curse on mobs vs. the straight line of BL. Seems to be working ok but would prefer something that lights up everyone - any other options? I did try orb of storms which actually works pretty well against bosses since it stays "up" for a while and continues to hit, but it's got limited range since it's static placement.
Last edited by Rex_Urhole on Mar 4, 2021, 3:08:46 PM
Ty for the build loving it, I've slightly deviated and gone off piste but the foundations have helped me.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1
Last edited by Gaz2144 on Mar 4, 2021, 6:30:07 PM
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:

See my convo with WoD just above this about supporting/using a weapon with "adds fire damage to spells". I had a similar issue with a weapon.

On stuff to buy - you might consider a new helm, I'm partial to those with +40% increased RF damage enchant. Some aren't that expensive and you can craft them to have better mods than they may currently have.

Awakened gems seem to be very good but costly (I don't have any) but gem quality is a good upgrade on everything. So perhaps you buy some 20% quality gems to replace your max level ones, unless you're leveling replacements for them on off hand.

Also, depending on how you're doing your tree, you can buy some cluster jewels with "Burning Bright" for additional damage. Most will have increased fire damage and life mods that will be beneficial.

Read all your convo with WoD, I'm on your same situation, stuck on T12 maps, but since I play with a higher level friend I'm getting some currency. I currently sit a 4 exalts and 200 chaos, wich I know is not a lot, I can't even call it "amass"... but it's like ten times what I managed to get on other leagues. Really didn't know how to invest to make me progress. [/quote]

"
Twisted Trix wrote:
I recently crafted The Anima Stone from my Primordial Eminence, just get on trade and buy a cheap Primordial Might and Primordial Harmony then vendor all three to get an Anima Stone, it will let you summon another golem, doesn't matter which you summon, this will add a bit more damage and tankiness for pretty cheap.

I read about that item but I didn't understand it. I will look into it, because I saw it many times while scouring RF builds at poe.ninja. Thanks for the reply!
I think golem jewels and investing in golems is generally a bad idea for this build - it doesn't really rely on golem damage, and the golems are there mostly for their buffs (the life regen, whhich does not stack - adding a third stone golem is useless), the ailment immunity (which is the main thing), and as decoys. Adding a 5th golem gives us very little.

Getting a jewel with %max life and any combination of increased fire damage/fire dot multiplier/burning damage will give much better results in terms of DPS and survivability.
"
Elenher wrote:
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:

See my convo with WoD just above this about supporting/using a weapon with "adds fire damage to spells". I had a similar issue with a weapon.

On stuff to buy - you might consider a new helm, I'm partial to those with +40% increased RF damage enchant. Some aren't that expensive and you can craft them to have better mods than they may currently have.

Awakened gems seem to be very good but costly (I don't have any) but gem quality is a good upgrade on everything. So perhaps you buy some 20% quality gems to replace your max level ones, unless you're leveling replacements for them on off hand.

Also, depending on how you're doing your tree, you can buy some cluster jewels with "Burning Bright" for additional damage. Most will have increased fire damage and life mods that will be beneficial.

Read all your convo with WoD, I'm on your same situation, stuck on T12 maps, but since I play with a higher level friend I'm getting some currency. I currently sit a 4 exalts and 200 chaos, wich I know is not a lot, I can't even call it "amass"... but it's like ten times what I managed to get on other leagues. Really didn't know how to invest to make me progress.

Better life/more regen rolls are really the keystone for the build - that's what I'm trying to focus on now. That golem buff from Anima sounds interesting but I have to build up my life pool since ~6k isn't getting it done. Will probably look for more cluster jewels with life and skill allocations once I have some spare points.
How precious is life regen for this build?

I can go for replica atziri's foible with growth and decay, losing 215hp but gaining 20k dps and 400 regen, or get a new fangjaw losin 80hp and 8 life regen, but gaining 38k dps and I don't really know how much that regen would help me progress further in maps (currently t12).
"
Elenher wrote:
How precious is life regen for this build?

I can go for replica atziri's foible with growth and decay, losing 215hp but gaining 20k dps and 400 regen, or get a new fangjaw losin 80hp and 8 life regen, but gaining 38k dps and I don't really know how much that regen would help me progress further in maps (currently t12).

The thing about the Replica Foible that is hard to measure in PoB is the 25% increased life recovery rate. This doesn't mean that you regen more, but you regen *faster* (including from flasks), and that can be a huge help during fights. You can also get that increased rate to %30 if you use fertile catalysts on the item.

(and it has a secondary bonus, it also lowers your dex needs, which is nice).
Last edited by Faldrath on Mar 6, 2021, 7:45:39 AM
The amulet is pretty much BiS for RF for a few leagues now. Instead of Growth and Decay you can also get a more defensive annointment. Regeneration is a huge survivability boost as you may notice if you run Vaal Purity of Fire aka Impurity of Fire, which raises your max res even further for a short moment. I noticed that the degen was greatly reduced, and in turn of course the regen greatly increased. On gear always look for life and resistances. The higher your life, the higher your damage. Bonus fire damage or multipliers and the like are just a bonus. Remember, the damage of RF will never be more than "Just about right".

Also consider to use the Karui Blood flask and Forbidden Taste. Normal potions aren't enough for the high life pool and apply too slow. Forbidden Taste is a good 'Oh fuck!'-button. Physical damage as always is the greatest threat to us, so running Armour on gear pieces is in my opinion the best course of action.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Mar 6, 2021, 9:31:57 AM
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
The amulet is pretty much BiS for RF for a few leagues now. Instead of Growth and Decay you can also get a more defensive annointment. Regeneration is a huge survivability boost as you may notice if you run Vaal Purity of Fire aka Impurity of Fire, which raises your max res even further for a short moment. I noticed that the degen was greatly reduced, and in turn of course the regen greatly increased. On gear always look for life and resistances. The higher your life, the higher your damage. Bonus fire damage or multipliers and the like are just a bonus. Remember, the damage of RF will never be more than "Just about right".

Also consider to use the Karui Blood flask and Forbidden Taste. Normal potions aren't enough for the high life pool and apply too slow. Forbidden Taste is a good 'Oh fuck!'-button. Physical damage as always is the greatest threat to us, so running Armour on gear pieces is in my opinion the best course of action.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will put my currency to a foible and see what's what. I'm really interested in the unique flask game, and I sold a Blood of the Karui without knowing it'd be beneficial for this character... I'll buy it and try to accomodate it to my current flask set.

On another note, since you seem to be one of the more active members here: I slapped a swift affliction to RF so the vaal version did more damage. The other reason was I didn't know what to 6-link RF on. Any suggestion?

"
Faldrath wrote:
The thing about the Replica Foible that is hard to measure in PoB is the 25% increased life recovery rate. This doesn't mean that you regen more, but you regen *faster* (including from flasks), and that can be a huge help during fights. You can also get that increased rate to %30 if you use fertile catalysts on the item.

Thanks for the reply mate. You almost sold me on the replica. I will look into the catalyst thing, I've never heard of it but lowering my dex needs will always rule, since now I need like 110 due to swift affliction...

"
Elenher wrote:
"
LibraExAnima wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will put my currency to a foible and see what's what. I'm really interested in the unique flask game, and I sold a Blood of the Karui without knowing it'd be beneficial for this character... I'll buy it and try to accomodate it to my current flask set.

On another note, since you seem to be one of the more active members here: I slapped a swift affliction to RF so the vaal version did more damage. The other reason was I didn't know what to 6-link RF on. Any suggestion?

"
Faldrath wrote:

Thanks for the reply mate. You almost sold me on the replica. I will look into the catalyst thing, I've never heard of it but lowering my dex needs will always rule, since now I need like 110 due to swift affliction...

I may be active because I have nothing better to do, but I'm by far less knowledgeable than Wrecky for example :D For swift affliction, I don't know. I think you'd need to do the math yourself or google what others think about it. My 6th link was inspiration in combination with inspiration on cyclone. Before that I've had lifegain on hit on cyclone and the 6th link for RF was awakened aoe ^^
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info