Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler

Would really like to use this scepter - is orb of annulment (and prayer) the only way to try and get rid of the "adds fire damage to spells"?

Been reading up on using catalysts to reduce the likelihood certain mods don't come off but I'm not that confident in my crafting skills.

And I don't think a "prefix/suffix can't be changed" option will work since the I don't want to risk the DoT multiplier.

Any suggestions? I'm getting into late-stage maps and need to start crafting some gear as the trade market doesn't help me improve.
Hey Rex_Urhole!

If you really like the weapon, I think an easier method would be to:
- add Lightning or cold to Attacks somewhere on your gloves or jewellery.
- Remove Ball Lightning from the build.
- Increase the CwDT and Wave of Conviction and Purifying Flame to max level.

That way you get to keep your sceptre and your "added fire damage to spells" will only apply to skills that already have fire on them.

Thoughts?

I guess I was concerned about EE conflict. I use Frost Bomb instead of Ball Lightning currently, if it matters.
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler
I guess I was concerned about EE conflict. I use Frost Bomb instead of Ball Lightning currently, if it matters.
Oh totally Rex_Urhole! That's what I meant. If the item you love adds fire to spells, and the only spells we have that hit are already fire spells, then your mod won't conflict with EE. So if you find a way to add lightning or cold to an attack that hits often, your weapon won't be an issue with EE.

On a side note, Frost Bomb is awesome for slowing down Life Regen in enemies for sure. But it doesn't hit often. As far as I remember it, unless it's changed, only the explosion hits, the pulses don't. So if that's the case, it should be fine to have Fire Added to that spell as it doesn't hit often, but it isn't frequent enough for providing the positive effects of EE. That what is going through my head anyway.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler
Oh totally Rex_Urhole! That's what I meant. If the item you love adds fire to spells, and the only spells we have that hit are already fire spells, then your mod won't conflict with EE. So if you find a way to add lightning or cold to an attack that hits often, your weapon won't be an issue with EE.

On a side note, Frost Bomb is awesome for slowing down Life Regen in enemies for sure. But it doesn't hit often. As far as I remember it, unless it's changed, only the explosion hits, the pulses don't. So if that's the case, it should be fine to have Fire Added to that spell as it doesn't hit often, but it isn't frequent enough for providing the positive effects of EE. That what is going through my head anyway.

I believe you're right. I think I'll try something else in its place and keep my current weapon. BL is ok but since it's a straight line shot, I personally haven't found it as effective. I'll tinker.

Side note - dying a lot now that I'm into T12 maps. I have 2 more life nodes to grab to complete the guide tree (current ~6k total) but I'm still getting crushed by mobs at the higher tiers. I'm not running caster gear and have 80-90+ life rolls on everything but boots (and body, Loreweave) and a lot of the "dream mods" for gear that you recommended in the guide. Any suggestions on what else I can do to improve survivability? Only thing I'm lacking is quality on gems - which is an on-going process.
Hello!

I am starting to amass some currency for the first time in my life and I don't really know where to invest without a guiding hand. Other builds set aspirational items, and for a noob like that's good.

I am only lacking a new vermillion to theoretically "complete" the build. Sure, I don't have Wrecker's "dream mods" but some of those items are so rare. I am under the impression I'd need some awakened skill gems, but beign the noob I am I am not sure on what to put my currency on.

If someone is curious, here is my ele.
Last edited by Elenher on Mar 4, 2021, 3:52:58 AM
"
Elenher wrote:
Hello!

I am starting to amass some currency for the first time in my life and I don't really know where to invest without a guiding hand. Other builds set aspirational items, and for a noob like that's good.

I am only lacking a new vermillion to theoretically "complete" the build. Sure, I don't have Wrecker's "dream mods" but some of those items are so rare. I am under the impression I'd need some awakened skill gems, but beign the noob I am I am not sure on what to put my currency on.

Honestly, before tinkering with gems, I'd get a new weapon - yours has "add fire to spells", which breaks Elemental Equilibrium. After that, even though your helm is very good, I'd look for one with a righteous fire enchant. Then get a new vermillion, and a replica Atziri's Foible and anoint it with Golem's Blood or Growth and Decay (this seems to be the best amulet for the build).
"
Faldrath wrote:
"
Elenher wrote:
Hello!

Honestly, before tinkering with gems, I'd get a new weapon - yours has "add fire to spells", which breaks Elemental Equilibrium. After that, even though your helm is very good, I'd look for one with a righteous fire enchant. Then get a new vermillion, and a replica Atziri's Foible and anoint it with Golem's Blood or Growth and Decay (this seems to be the best amulet for the build).

Thank you for the reply. Since I got that weapon I've been doin a ton more damage due to the increased fire damage. Is there any way to strip the added spell damage?

Didn't know you could annoint uniques, thought it was only for rares. Will progress towards the rest of the things you said.
"
Elenher wrote:
"
Faldrath wrote:
"
Elenher wrote:
Hello!

"
Thank you for the reply. Since I got that weapon I've been doin a ton more damage due to the increased fire damage. Is there any way to strip the added spell damage?

Didn't know you could annoint uniques, thought it was only for rares. Will progress towards the rest of the things you said.

See my convo with WoD just above this about supporting/using a weapon with "adds fire damage to spells". I had a similar issue with a weapon.

On stuff to buy - you might consider a new helm, I'm partial to those with +40% increased RF damage enchant. Some aren't that expensive and you can craft them to have better mods than they may currently have.

Awakened gems seem to be very good but costly (I don't have any) but gem quality is a good upgrade on everything. So perhaps you buy some 20% quality gems to replace your max level ones, unless you're leveling replacements for them on off hand.

Also, depending on how you're doing your tree, you can buy some cluster jewels with "Burning Bright" for additional damage. Most will have increased fire damage and life mods that will be beneficial.
"
Elenher wrote:
Spoiler
Hello!

I recently crafted The Anima Stone from my Primordial Eminence, just get on trade and buy a cheap Primordial Might and Primordial Harmony then vendor all three to get an Anima Stone, it will let you summon another golem, doesn't matter which you summon, this will add a bit more damage and tankiness for pretty cheap.
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler

I believe you're right. I think I'll try something else in its place and keep my current weapon. BL is ok but since it's a straight line shot, I personally haven't found it as effective. I'll tinker.

Side note - dying a lot now that I'm into T12 maps. I have 2 more life nodes to grab to complete the guide tree (current ~6k total) but I'm still getting crushed by mobs at the higher tiers. I'm not running caster gear and have 80-90+ life rolls on everything but boots (and body, Loreweave) and a lot of the "dream mods" for gear that you recommended in the guide. Any suggestions on what else I can do to improve survivability? Only thing I'm lacking is quality on gems - which is an on-going process.
Hey Rex_Urhole!

I don't see much wrong with the changes that you made. 6K life for RF is ok, not great, but not bad. So increasing that would help as our physical damage mitigation isn't the best. Also, I'm not sure what you have selected in your pantheon, but if you can spare it, Physical damage mitigation there is a big help.

Arc only hits 6(?) enemies at a time, but that would only matter from a survivable standpoint if large packs weren't dying fast enough.

You could always switch Flammability with Enfeeble for defence.

You could also go with Life Gain on Hit instead of Inspiration too.

I don't see anything wrong though. Things look solid. I may have missed something but it looks good.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Elenher wrote:
Spoiler
Hello!

Hey Elenher!

I'd suggest saving your currency until you know what to spend it on. Builds can totally excel without crazy gear. Once you have solid but usual gear, figure out what you want for the build...do you need more damage? Do you come close to dying too often? That kind of thing.

If you don't have the time for that, I suggest taking a look at the Influenced mods and see which ones interest you. A helmet with INcreased minion level and "nearby enemies taken % fire damage" or a shield with Increased Max Fire Resist and Reduced DOT damage taken. Or a chest with killing enemies restores a % of max life...

I say, if you have the $, buy something that makes you smile :)

Does that help?

(https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Shield&tags=str_armour,str_shield)

Oh right! And yes, Awakened gems are always a solid choice. They take forever to level and are 100% worth the price.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 4, 2021, 1:28:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info