Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

Hey Wod,

Is the Mastermind of Discord really better than the Shaper of Flames in the ascendancy?

Curious since the Shaper has all the fire buffs, but didn't know if that meant some type of conflict with EE?

Discord, as explained in the guide, looked a little more dependent on the wave of conviction activation as opposed to an "always on"/semi-passive kind of thing with Shaper of Flames.
Also, looking for help on weapons, I've started hoarding and crafting.

I can't find the "hierarchical" list of RF-beneficial weapon mods that was in one of the earlier builds. I know some are better/have higher priority than others. Fire dmg vs. burning vs ignite vs DoT vs area vs etc etc etc

Here's my current main:

Here are some other's I've chanced/crafted - are any of them more potent for RF?

(The stupid damage calc in-game is useless, as we know)

Last edited by Rex_Urhole on Jan 28, 2021, 11:52:49 PM
Thank you so much for the awesome guide! I'm still pretty early on, and I'm already having a ton of fun!

I really appreciate how flexible the guide is. Here are some interesting/useful tips I've found while levelling:
- I found an Ashcaller https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ashcaller in a ritual, and it was a great levelling weapon. It has + to fire damage over time multiplier, as well as increased burning damage! Really nice.
- Again from a ritual, I found a helmet that has +1 to level of minion gems and an implicit that makes socketed gems apply fire, cold, and lightning exposure on hit. I put my golems in there to get a little extra damage from exposure while wave of conviction isn't going off.
- For now, since I'm still using the wand, I've got shield charge and a lightning damage ring to trigger EE, EO, and fortify. I've also added a lightning golem to my helmet as a 4th golem so I can zoom around a bit faster!
- I'm also using a diamond flask with resist bleeding right now, which helps proc EO a little more consistently.

Should I stack armor on this build? I see you have a mix between energy shield & armor equipment.

Thank you.
"
Elenher wrote:
Should I stack armor on this build? I see you have a mix between energy shield & armor equipment.

Thank you.

The build is using mix of red and blue gems on every piece, so the str/int hybrid gear is the natural choice for ease of socket colors. Energy shield is nearly useless to the build, so armor is definitely the better choice. The build isn't invested in a way that would make armor an excellent defense layer, but something is better than nothing there.
"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
Elenher wrote:

Thank you.

The build is using mix of red and blue gems on every piece, so the str/int hybrid gear is the natural choice for ease of socket colors. Energy shield is nearly useless to the build, so armor is definitely the better choice. The build isn't invested in a way that would make armor an excellent defense layer, but something is better than nothing there.

Thanks for the quick answer! I was under the impression that energy shield was good since it adds to the Righteous Fire skill.
"
Elenher wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer! I was under the impression that energy shield was good since it adds to the Righteous Fire skill.

20% of ES is added to RF damage, but we don't have any %ES modifiers in the build to pump up that ES number, so it's not a big help. You'll have to pull up options in Path of Building if you want to see if it's worthwhile for you. It's a choice between a small bit of defense or a small bit of damage. We'll naturally trend towards str/int hybrid armor for the sockets anyway, giving a mix of armor and ES.
I adore your builds. Such a refreshing change of pace! Thank you for sharing!
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wod,

Is the Mastermind of Discord really better than the Shaper of Flames in the ascendancy?

Curious since the Shaper has all the fire buffs, but didn't know if that meant some type of conflict with EE?

Discord, as explained in the guide, looked a little more dependent on the wave of conviction activation as opposed to an "always on"/semi-passive kind of thing with Shaper of Flames.
That's a really good question Rex_Urhole that I had to make an assumption on before the league started.

Now the - to resists is huge. For sure. I don't actually know if Igniting an enemy counts has Hitting them with fire or not. BUT this build get's very little benefit from Ignite damage. RF burns, not ignites. Yes, our DOT and Fire nodes improve Ignite damage, but most of our RF damage comes from RF's Supports and other gems.

You'd have to play around with it in gameplay...but I'd likely compare your gameplay without EE on both iterations of your test. To me, Discord was perfectly straight forward.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler
Also, looking for help on weapons, I've started hoarding and crafting.

I can't find the "hierarchical" list of RF-beneficial weapon mods that was in one of the earlier builds. I know some are better/have higher priority than others. Fire dmg vs. burning vs ignite vs DoT vs area vs etc etc etc

Here's my current main:

Here are some other's I've chanced/crafted - are any of them more potent for RF?

(The stupid damage calc in-game is useless, as we know)

So what you're looking for is a Void Sceptre. It has the highest Elemental Damage Implicit.

All versions of INCREASED have the same value. So if you have 23% increased Fire vs. 23% increased Elemental, it's the same thing. In the gear section of the guide, Damage Over Time Multiplier is by far the strongest. So try and get the DOT Multiplier as high as possible along with a coinciding Increased total. Just remember, Ignite doesn't help this build at all.

So pick with the weapon from that list that has the highest total DOT Multiplier.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info