Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
Fouur wrote:
Spoiler
Bit confused, between +2 golems in ascendency, and +1 in passive tree, this has 4 golems, ya? but only 3 gems, do you just use 2 of the same type? or ... whats the point?
Hey Fouur!

In the gems section of the guide I touch on it a bit, though not in detail:

"Our Golem limit is actually 4. We only need three. (Initially, all players can only have 1 golem.) But it's not a waste of nodes. Those same nodes give us increases to golem buffs.

**Golem buffs do not stack. So no matter which golem ends up doubling up, you'll still only get the flat benefit of one."

Let me know if that doesn't help.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Forquilla wrote:
Spoiler
"
The Primordial jewels are awesome for this build as their perks stack. So the Golem Efficiency is amazing the more you have. In my opinion, they are worth the investment.

You need like 4 jewels to get the extra 2 golems, you could put 4x 30% RF damage 10% hp on these slots, is it really that worth?
It's always a matter of preference. Jewels are like gear, you pick what YOU think is best. Some of the unique gems have no limits which means you can choose to stack either the efficiency of the buffs or the quanity of golems. If it's just buffs, it'll only cost you two nodes for the jewel slots close by.

I don't know what I'd choose but I can see myself going with a nice juicy rare jewel that makes me smile when I look at it.

What you take away to get those slots is also worth considering. I play SSF so I don't think about the ability to min/max everything via trade.

Good question. Short answer: it's a matter of opinion.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
So I just did merc lab and skilled Bastion of Elements and all of a sudden I can't sustain RF and I don't know why. Nothing else changed excpept I also got "16% increased firestorm explosion aoe" enchant on the helm i'm wearing but i'm pretty sure that's not doing it. I was sustaining very well before i took this ascendancy node and now it's not even close. anyone have an idea?

edit: it was because my golems got unsummoned lul i'm leaving this up good guide
Last edited by Ramasama on Jan 27, 2021, 6:16:27 AM
Does anyone know if "damage over time multiplier" acts the same as "fire damage over time multiplier" for RF? I'm assuming it does, because the first should be more general, but I'm curious.

I'm looking at anoints, and I see

Growth and Decay (Expensive)
20% increased Damage over Time
Regenerate 1% of Life per second
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier

vs

Arsonist
24% increased Fire Damage
+6% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier

Growth and Decay seems to be the clearly better choice with damage over time multipliers being far superior to mere 'increased' damage. Are there better anoints to use? There's tons of them that do a lot of things, so it's hard to pick.

Constitution
14% increased maximum Life
+20 to maximum Life

Constitution looks great to. I think that might be a question for Path of Building. I'm not sure how multiplier compares to tons more life at the high end.

Others that look good,

Golem's Blood (Expensive)
Regenerate 1.6% of Life per second
10% increased maximum Life

Hired Killer
6% increased maximum Life
Recover 2% of Life on Kill

Heart of the Warrior (Expensive)
+10 to Strength
+20 to maximum Life

Devotion (get enough inc. aura effect and and Purity of Fire could bump up 1% for lots of freed up regen!)
+20 to Strength
8% increased maximum Life
3% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills

Discipline and Training (Cheaper Constitution)
+30 to maximum Life

Barbarism (Does it stack?! probably not.. not sure how anoints really work)
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance

There's a bunch more with various instances of % max life and/or regeneration that work as budget life options. What I'm not sure is if I missed any attractive options do other things. To me, Growth and Decay looks like the clear winner with Arsonist as a budget option.

As an aside, running RF witch and Flicker Strike Ranger together this league is working out great. RF is much tankier and relaxing, handling stuff like lab, delve, maven boss swarms, ect easily. Flicker is super speed, clearing whole maps by holding down a button, but if you don't watch carefully, you end up stuck in some kind of terrible degen and dying in a second. Very opposite builds that cover a good swath of the content. Flicker has pretty much no limit on investment either, scaling big into the triple digit ex range (that I'll never get to). I feel like RF tops out after a few EX investment, with only marginal gains with more investment... but I haven't even looked at cluster jewels, which are apparently the new hotness for RF now.

EDIT: I realize now that Aronist is another node we already have in the tree. I'm guessing an anoint for it won't stack then? I'm confused on that.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Jan 27, 2021, 10:29:42 AM

Will the "added damage against burning enemies" mod conflict with EE?
Sorry if this is a stupid question but why are we only levelling Cyclone to level 9?
"
sb001001 wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question but why are we only levelling Cyclone to level 9?

Dexterity requirement after lvl 9 can make it hard to use since we don't get a ton of dex from the skill tree. Also dex isn't important to the build beyond being able to equip items, so it's a wasted mod space to be able to use a higher-level cyclone.
"
Ramasama wrote:
Spoiler
So I just did merc lab and skilled Bastion of Elements and all of a sudden I can't sustain RF and I don't know why. Nothing else changed excpept I also got "16% increased firestorm explosion aoe" enchant on the helm i'm wearing but i'm pretty sure that's not doing it. I was sustaining very well before i took this ascendancy node and now it's not even close. anyone have an idea?

edit: it was because my golems got unsummoned lul i'm leaving this up good guide
Awesome find Ramasama!

It took me FOREVER the first time I put an enchantment on my helmet to figure out what changed with my build. It's really quite annoying that the skills turn off when you enchant the item. Good find. (Thanks for your kindness.)

Annnnnd

"
Lemabelle wrote:
Spoiler
Does anyone know if "damage over time multiplier" acts the same as "fire damage over time multiplier" for RF? I'm assuming it does, because the first should be more general, but I'm curious.

I'm looking at anoints, and I see

Growth and Decay (Expensive)
20% increased Damage over Time
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier

vs

Arsonist
24% increased Fire Damage
+6% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier

Growth and Decay seems to be the clearly better choice with damage over time multipliers being far superior to mere 'increased' damage. Are there better anoints to use? There's tons of them that do a lot of things, so it's hard to pick.

Constitution
14% increased maximum Life
+20 to maximum Life

Constitution looks great to. I think that might be a question for Path of Building. I'm not sure how multiplier compares to tons more life at the high end.

Others that look good,

Golem's Blood (Expensive)
Regenerate 1.6% of Life per second

Hired Killer
Recover 2% of Life on Kill

Heart of the Warrior (Expensive)
+10 to Strength
+20 to maximum Life

Devotion (get enough inc. aura effect and and Purity of Fire could bump up 1% for lots of freed up regen!)
+20 to Strength
8% increased maximum Life
3% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills

Discipline and Training (Cheaper Constitution)
+30 to maximum Life

Barbarism (Does it stack?! probably not.. not sure how anoints really work)
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance

There's a bunch more with various instances of % max life and/or regeneration that work as budget life options. What I'm not sure is if I missed any attractive options do other things. To me, Growth and Decay looks like the clear winner with Arsonist as a budget option.

As an aside, running RF witch and Flicker Strike Ranger together this league is working out great. RF is much tankier and relaxing, handling stuff like lab, delve, maven boss swarms, ect easily. Flicker is super speed, clearing whole maps by holding down a button, but if you don't watch carefully, you end up stuck in some kind of terrible degen and dying in a second. Very opposite builds that cover a good swath of the content. Flicker has pretty much no limit on investment either, scaling big into the triple digit ex range (that I'll never get to). I feel like RF tops out after a few EX investment, with only marginal gains with more investment... but I haven't even looked at cluster jewels, which are apparently the new hotness for RF now.

EDIT: I realize now that Aronist is another node we already have in the tree. I'm guessing an anoint for it won't stack then? I'm confused on that.
Hey Lemabelle!

"
They are the same. It's just like "Increased Damage vs. Increased Fire Damage".

"
Anointing
Anointing is really subjective. It's just like gear. There are so many great notables for each build, and the more powerful they are, the harder they are to get. You may also make your choice, not based on PoB stats, but based on your current gear; do you need more survivability or offence? Depending on how much you play, you may not get a lot (or any) Gold Oils. So I like to do anoints this way, I pick a notable that I would LOVE from the Gold Oil notables and I dream about it. I then pick a non-gold oil notable that I'm happy with until I get a Gold Oil.

I know that's vague, but it really is a choice best made by you based on your current (or future) gear. I hope it helped a bit.

Oh right! Notables don't stack. So if you have a notable that you're already getting on the tree (that you're not going out of your way for), anointing that same notable on an item is redundant.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 27, 2021, 1:15:28 PM
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler

Will the "added damage against burning enemies" mod conflict with EE?
Hey Rex_Urhole!

Yes it will conflict with EE. It would be adding Fire Damage to all attacks as Cyclone will always be hitting enemies that are burning via RF.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info