Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
Enterich wrote:
hi there!
I have two questions:

- isnt the cast when damage taking gem for the wave of conviction/combustion setup to high? For bossing it seems okay to take 2000dmg first to debuff them , but for general maping you want these buffs to be up as often as possible and i think the difference between level 4-5 combustion/wave to the lvl 15+ isnt that big.

- Is there a better/more reliable way to proc EE then ball lightning? because the ball lightning is absolute random and rarely hits any monster while maping. ( works good vs bosses for sure ). Does cyclone works if the damage is converted?
Maybe add +x cold / lightning damage , but NO added fire damage?

Cyclone should proc EE with damage on attacks for sure. You can also swap to stormbrand instead of ball lightning, i find stormbrand way stronger to proc both EE and EO
"
Substandard wrote:
Spoiler
This build is really fun so far. I'm at level 78 right now mapping away with minimal issues. I didn't use RF at all until the mid-50s and just ran with fireball/LMP/fork and it worked OK until that point.

I have a question about elemental damage with the build. Does +elemental work with RF? I thought that it did. Is there a reason you are passing up these areas? For example the Ash, Frost and Storm cluster down by Elemental Equilibrium, the path goes right by it and it's 3 points for some +all resists and +50% elemental.

I'm probably missing something obvious here. This is my first time with a RF build.
Hey Substandard!

I'm glad you're having a good time and that the build is treating you well. Good to hear :).

Increases to Elemental Damage totally impact RF. DOT Multiplier mods are stronger but all increases that apply to RF damage are helpful. And to answer your question, you didn't miss anything at all. It's a good observation. It was simply a matter of making hard choices. There are quite a few good clusters that we pass but we only have some many nodes to pick from. So if you want to go for that cluster, go for it, just take note of what you're taking away from the provided tree.

So you didn't miss anything at all. It was just a matter of having to cut something that I didn't want to cut ;).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
drakeness wrote:
Spoiler
Hey guys, played this build up to level 91 now and it's sooo much fun and relaxing to play.
I like to watch some series/movies besides playing poe so this build is made for me :)
I will definitely play this build til the end of ritual and see how much potential is still hidden.
just a few little changes on the skill tree and item setting to fit my playstyle but overall nothing build changing.

now i thought about adding normal jewels for the start before i get the currency for the good large clusters.

how much do you think an Primordial Eminence Viridian Jewel will push the damage or otherwise will it make sense to use one (or maybe more) of these, cuz they are kinda cheap and their stats look awesome for golembuffs?
And i want to add an explode chest later too, any experience on that too?
Hey drakeness!

Awesome! It's so fun when a build totally suits your style. I'm glad you found one. I'm glad you're having fun.

The Primordial jewels are awesome for this build as their perks stack. So the Golem Efficiency is amazing the more you have. In my opinion, they are worth the investment.

In terms of the Explody chest, have a good time ;). They are fun if you can fit them in but I haven't gone out of my way to play with them myself. (Though I do love some nice Profane Bloom.) They suit the build though...any build really.

Thanks for the very kind post. I'm glad you're having such a good time.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Elenher wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for this build! I'm new to POE, and I'm rockin it on a level 81 elementalist.

So far, I'm only unable to understand how to survive. Some times, my life gets depleted on an instant and it's really difficult to know how or why. Watching you play, your life never gets depleted and my char, even in idle stance with RF active, is constantly losing hp.

Can I target looting in any way to get more regen-hp realted items?

Awesome Elenher!

New to PoE and having fun! Perfect! RF is a tricky skill to grasp and be patient with for new folk so great job doing what you're doing!

I snuck a peak at your character and things look to be going well. Your Purity of Fire seems to be a little behind the levelling pace of some of your other gems, but that just needs more kills to improve. Your resists (outside of Lightning) are capped and that's great. One major notable on the tree that will be a big factor for you is Barbarism. It increases your Max Fire Resistance by 1%.

So Purity of Fire will eventually get you 2% more MAX Fire resistance and Barbarism with get you 1%. 3% to your MAX will be HUGE!

Honestly, Life regen mods on gear with this build aren't needed. Just a perk. Focus on high Life mods and keeping your resists up. Once that is taken care of, you can start looking for the fun stuff.

I hope this helps?

Annnnnd

"
macbigos wrote:
Spoiler
Hello Wrecker,

i try to understand this build. For mi it's a bit like old good vortex one ;-)

For now it's fun to burn everything including myself ;-) Surprisingly... it's working well.

As always I'm thinkig about changes and have some questions:

1. Why take unwavering stance from the tree? Just for avoid to be stunned? But cannot evade attacks? Is that worthy?

2. What if i have wand with "trigger a socketed spell when you use a spell"? Any suggestion to change something?

3. What can you say if i change cyclone with for example vortex as a trigger to above mentioned wand? I know it's not movement skill but... I really dislike cyclone. This is like slow motion carousel. So EE should be work fine between vortex and RF? ...or not because both can't hit? So, Vortex as a trigger for Ball lightning from wand? It will be nice mix huh? Then maybe I will try to add somewhere maybe flame dash.

I now, it turns everything upside down, but what can I say...
It's always a pleasure macbigos!

I'm glad you're liking the build.

1. Unwavering stance is 100% for the stun. Cyclone is SUCH a pain and liability when it comes to getting stunned. I never use Cyclone without Stun Immunity. Our build has 0 investment in Evasion so the conciquence to Unwavering Stance mean nothing to us.

2. If you're going to go with wands, you lose a lot of survivability. So those changes along with the pros and cons are up to you.

3. If you get rid of Cyclone and add a spell, you'll be losing a lot of defence. I suggest replacing Cyclone with an Attack that you like so you can keep Fortify. The other two supports should simply makes sense for the skill you chose to replace Cyclone with. Just make sure to keep Elemental Equilibrium in mind.

Good luck with your changes! It's always fun to try stuff out :).

Annnnnd

"
Enterich wrote:
Spoiler
hi there!
I have two questions:

- isnt the cast when damage taking gem for the wave of conviction/combustion setup to high? For bossing it seems okay to take 2000dmg first to debuff them , but for general maping you want these buffs to be up as often as possible and i think the difference between level 4-5 combustion/wave to the lvl 15+ isnt that big.

- Is there a better/more reliable way to proc EE then ball lightning? because the ball lightning is absolute random and rarely hits any monster while maping. ( works good vs bosses for sure ). Does cyclone works if the damage is converted?
Hi Enterich!

In the gem section of the guide I explain the reason for the CwDT levels (I think). "We have CwDT at level 14 so that the damage threshold is around 2000 damage taken to cast these spells. Feel free to fully level the gems if you think they still cast too often. Ball Lightning will cast (different link) every 500 damage taken. So the idea is that this link casts often but not as often as Ball Lightning. (This is all revolving around the Elemental Equilibiurm mechanic.)" Damage and survivability aren't really an issue while mapping. So the only time we really need the bonuses are in the longer fights anyway. We always want the positive effect of EE...so we have to be very cognizant of how often we Hit with Fire.

If you don't like Ball Lightning you can use any other spell you want, as long as it hits. As you said, adding a non-fire element to your attacks works perfect, yes.

Hopefully that helps.

Annnnnd

Bit confused, between +2 golems in ascendency, and +1 in passive tree, this has 4 golems, ya? but only 3 gems, do you just use 2 of the same type? or ... whats the point?
"
Fouur wrote:
Bit confused, between +2 golems in ascendency, and +1 in passive tree, this has 4 golems, ya? but only 3 gems, do you just use 2 of the same type? or ... whats the point?

The ascendency grants you a buff of 2 of the same golems that are running - but not a physical 4th.

So you'll have the stats of 4 with 3 up, one is a dupe.
"
Enterich wrote:
hi there!
I have two questions:

Previous versions of this build had Frost Bomb for life and energy shield degen on enemies - it's what I currently use.
"
The Primordial jewels are awesome for this build as their perks stack. So the Golem Efficiency is amazing the more you have. In my opinion, they are worth the investment.

You need like 4 jewels to get the extra 2 golems, you could put 4x 30% RF damage 10% hp on these slots, is it really that worth?
Last edited by Forquilla on Jan 26, 2021, 10:46:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info