[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

Well, I have to second the posts stating that this build lacks survivability.

First, you don't have any stun immunity, so you won't be even able to keep casting DI to reach 20 stacks.

Second, the idea behind foregoing a life flask is to focus on life regen from golems/vitality and life leech. You don't have that so a life flask is sorely needed.

Third, there is no mitigation in this build. You don't take advantage of blind - a really powerful defensive mechanic, dodge or block so you will be hit and you will be hit often. This combined with lackluster life sustain means constant death, I'm afraid.

Four, cast speed is too low to be comfortable. Lower cast speed means more time spent charging DI and higher likelihood of being hit within this time span. In my previous DI ignite, I managed to reach 10 casts per second, and only then did it start to feel good.

Five, mana sustain can be a problem since DI is known to be mana-intensive. This might result in you not being able to cast DI constantly.

Six, no elemental ailments avoidance so you will be susceptible to freezes, shocks and burns. Not really a viable way to play since these mechanics are so commonplace that a reliable way of dealing with ailments is a must.

Most of these problems can be mitigated by going the golem route, so this is exactly what I recommend.
"
Trikzter wrote:

First, you don't have any stun immunity, so you won't be even able to keep casting DI to reach 20 stacks.

Second, the idea behind foregoing a life flask is to focus on life regen from golems/vitality and life leech. You don't have that so a life flask is sorely needed.

Third, there is no mitigation in this build. You don't take advantage of blind - a really powerful defensive mechanic, dodge or block so you will be hit and you will be hit often. This combined with lackluster life sustain means constant death, I'm afraid.

Four, cast speed is too low to be comfortable. Lower cast speed means more time spent charging DI and higher likelihood of being hit within this time span. In my previous DI ignite, I managed to reach 10 casts per second, and only then did it start to feel good.

Five, mana sustain can be a problem since DI is known to be mana-intensive. This might result in you not being able to cast DI constantly.

Six, no elemental ailments avoidance so you will be susceptible to freezes, shocks and burns. Not really a viable way to play since these mechanics are so commonplace that a reliable way of dealing with ailments is a must.

Most of these problems can be mitigated by going the golem route, so this is exactly what I recommend.

I must say I agree. I've switched the main build to feature Golems instead. Someone made me realize Scorching Ray totems won't actually apply the Exposure bonus since you yourself aren't Exposing, so that whole path got a lot weaker.

Now we've got respawning 15k hp golems with Meat Shield that grant 17% phys dmg reduction, 500 life regen, much needed cast speed, and Elemental Ailment immunity. Lost about 10m damage on the ignite but frankly you just do not need that much damage.
Last edited by SoupJoond on Jan 14, 2021, 4:33:17 AM
Looks good, and yea I agree, going for the golems is the better play. Also not using SR opens up more space for utility skills. Or even Kaom's Heart maybe.

Something to consider: Adding aspect of the spider. We are already close to the needed mana reservation I think. But it would need annointing Charisma or getting reduced reservation from another source.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 14, 2021, 5:50:15 AM
Hey, i've never played an ignite build before, neither Divine ire. I was going to try fireball ignite then i came across this huge hype about DI and i got sucked in. after reading a lot of comments in this thread and other sources i made a PoB with a more realistic approach for me and i'd love some feedback. I'm worried about the EO proccing, wiill just divine ire itself be able to crit enough or should i have some set up to do it? how is the EE with golem on ring, reliable enough for bosses and tough rares? thanks a lot >>>> https://pastebin.com/ZF6wFveL
"
felipesallum wrote:
Hey, i've never played an ignite build before, neither Divine ire. I was going to try fireball ignite then i came across this huge hype about DI and i got sucked in. after reading a lot of comments in this thread and other sources i made a PoB with a more realistic approach for me and i'd love some feedback. I'm worried about the EO proccing, wiill just divine ire itself be able to crit enough or should i have some set up to do it? how is the EE with golem on ring, reliable enough for bosses and tough rares? thanks a lot >>>> https://pastebin.com/ZF6wFveL

Well, you have your Storm Brand curse setup. It will also procc EO.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, didnt realize you basically changed the whole build :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 14, 2021, 5:54:18 AM
"
Nordic87 wrote:
"
jan1ss19 wrote:
"
Nordic87 wrote:
I saw many Divine Ire ignite builds, and almost noone used Prolif gems(ele prolif or ignite prolif). Is it viable without prolif, or i just missed something?
They most likely dont rely on ignite.
Was also thinking about doing something with Ignite just couldnt think of the skill as FB and firestorm imo are kinda meh so will deff try this. Ignite is always great choice

With 30M ignite DPS and they don't rely on ignite? Really? :D

It's not 30m dps. It's around 6m, if every debuff on the boss and player buff are up.

What this means: You hit once, and can run around for 5 seconds while still dealing damage.
Last edited by Shadowfax1122 on Jan 14, 2021, 7:43:05 AM
"
felipesallum wrote:

With Shaper of Flames and if you primarily lightning damage and no fire damage, EE will proc from the Divine Ire itself. No need for golem to proc it for you. That's the great thing about it. Free EE, ans long as you don't convert to fire.
"
SoupJoond wrote:
"
Trikzter wrote:

I must say I agree. I've switched the main build to feature Golems instead. Someone made me realize Scorching Ray totems won't actually apply the Exposure bonus since you yourself aren't Exposing, so that whole path got a lot weaker.

Now we've got respawning 15k hp golems with Meat Shield that grant 17% phys dmg reduction, 500 life regen, much needed cast speed, and Elemental Ailment immunity. Lost about 10m damage on the ignite but frankly you just do not need that much damage.

I guess the golem way is the way to go. We can scale the golem buffs in both, defence and offence with a good chunk of utlity.

One question here: why your using hatred as aura in general? And why we re not scaling more lightning damage with wrath or physical damage as lightning?
"
why your using hatred as aura in general? And why we re not scaling more lightning damage with wrath or physical damage as lightning?

He's using Hatred because of this mod: "You and nearby allies gain (16-25)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage", which is further added as chaos due to Atziri's Promise.

Wrath doesn't work since it grants more Spell Lightning Damage, which does nothing for ignite (spell damage is irrelevant to ignite).
"
Trikzter wrote:
"
why your using hatred as aura in general? And why we re not scaling more lightning damage with wrath or physical damage as lightning?

He's using Hatred because of this mod: "You and nearby allies gain (16-25)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage", which is further added as chaos due to Atziri's Promise.

Wrath doesn't work since it grants more Spell Lightning Damage, which does nothing for ignite (spell damage is irrelevant to ignite).

Im dumb, forgot, that we re scaling ignite rather than spell or on hit damage. In this case, i dont rly get, why we re using atziris and hatred, when ignite will be our main daamge source. Should be HoA here dealing more ignite damage?
Last edited by HarryHaller on Jan 14, 2021, 8:16:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info