The Easiest of the Easy Beginner Build Guides [1.1 SotV UPDATED]

I'm at game-end, looking for ways to optimize dps (took Soft-core Higher Damage Variant skill build)...Dunno which way to go, take auras and drop BM(but there will be issues with mana regen), or try to go for crit( buy lioneye's bow)? any suggestions appreciated...

Completed my first map at 68. Awesum. Kinda shat my pants I kept dying to a nasty strongbox with corpse explode along with the end boss getting mixed up ... Finally cleared with 1 portal remaining.

What leaves me scratching is how am I supposed to use auras along BM ? Surely going with 60% hp reduced is not the way to go ?

Also which gem would benefit most from GCPs, dps wise ? (both for frenzy / LA )

Ayways thanks for the guide.
it a good guide, and there is a ton of info...
but for me, as a total noob to poe, there are some issues in choosing items and replacing them some levels later.
even better, some useful unexpensive uniques for the leveling
for ex., quillrain for beginning, then a death harp, or something similar ^^

and...could you just add a written commentary (or a pair of leveling nodes plans at lvl 20-40-60) to the video?
as without subs, non-eng i had a hard time to understand which nodes should be taken first..

sorry for all my questions, but developing the first char is really a pain :):)
ty
Hey thanks for the guide, its really good, im liking the build so far. Im not acctually using as a Ranger atm tho since i cant get a lot of DPS at this lvl (im at lvl 33 atm). I really recommend using Geofri's Baptism Mace (only 1 chaos) with Molten Strike + Multistrike + Faster attacks + LMP to lvl up from the start (i was using Shiversting sword at the beggining with just Molten strike). Thing is, at this lvls the DPS u get with L.Arrow is really low (its sitting at 100+ dps with Death's Harp bow which is the highest DPS bow u can get at this lvl i guess , while my molten strike is doing 800dps atm). You'd lvl up a lot faster this way , and then u can go to the original build, thats my suggestion. I dont really know at what lvl the build really gets powerful so i'll keep lvling this way until i see fit. Hope that helps!

Thanks again!
Last edited by mandodiao on Jun 6, 2014, 5:41:55 AM
Made a post in the Templar forum about my version of this build.

My reasons for the Templar as a start point:
1) More tanky while leveling (at the expense of damage early on in the build)
2) Reach the BM keystone earlier on (though I spec'ed out of it and use BM gems now)
3) I wanted see a bow build other than the Duelist, Shadow, or Ranger
4) The Templar is old man awesome

Check it out if interested:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/947575

Thanks Ziggy for the advice and ideas!
Last edited by AlfaTangOh on Jun 12, 2014, 7:55:09 AM
Hey thx alot for the guide ~ its really fun to play since my first char was a slow marauder >.> just a quick question , on the passive tree we took alot of str nodes . why not just wear str armor with armor stats instead of evasion and skip iron reflexes ?o.0 or do end game equipments require more str than what we will have ?
I believe the thought is that as a beginner, it might not be possible to always find the best armor gear.
Hey ZiggyD thanks for the guide to the lightning arrow character i have played this and i am currently lvl64, doing pretty well so far but my resistances and most importand is my physical damage reduction which is about 20% and i just cant get it to rise any higher, i know that my gear is a bit old like 15lvls old or so but you got lucky to pick up an exalted orb something that doesnt happen to all of us so i am struggling to bring my gear to a bit closer to my level. By the way and this is also a general question, is it only old gear and armor that increase your physical damage reduction or i should have other facts in mind. What other advice can you give someone who doesnt have a lot of currency dropped for them?
Hey ziggyd do i keep on leveling my gems after i start using cast when damage taken along with the rest gems to auto cast? or do i leave them at the level you specified. Do i continue to level cast when damage taken to level 5 or leave it to level 4? same with rest gems.
why lighting? intead of ice or burn?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info