The Easiest of the Easy Beginner Build Guides [1.1 SotV UPDATED]

Following your guide and I've several questions:
1. Do you recommend taking all the bow skill points above and to the right of Point Blank first and then moving across to Iron Grip? Or do bit by bit?

2. I'm just hitting level 30 and Mana (231) is hard to keep up with LA and Frenzy. I have Ghoul Clasp Paua Amulet (28% and 29% Mana Regen rate) but it doesn't seem enough. Should I look for Mana nodes or shop for gear with + Mana?

3. Do you have this Lightening Arrow guide broken out by level on how to spec or what gear you think is needed?
"
anotherdave wrote:
Following your guide and I've several questions:
1. Do you recommend taking all the bow skill points above and to the right of Point Blank first and then moving across to Iron Grip? Or do bit by bit?

Heavy Draw/Deadly Draw cluster (and most damage nodes) is usually ignored until much higher levels (60s or 70s). Most of your leveling points is spent by going for Blood Magic > Resolute Technique > Static Blows while getting any life nodes that are nearby. Meanwhile just take Iron Grip when you pass by it.

"
2. I'm just hitting level 30 and Mana (231) is hard to keep up with LA and Frenzy. I have Ghoul Clasp Paua Amulet (28% and 29% Mana Regen rate) but it doesn't seem enough. Should I look for Mana nodes or shop for gear with + Mana?

Rush towards Blood Magic on the passive tree - after getting it, mana is no longer an issue. Use this build as a reference. You can skip certain life nodes or keystones and choose to come back for those after getting BM.

"
3. Do you have this Lightening Arrow guide broken out by level on how to spec or what gear you think is needed?

Guide author has a video guide for the latest patch that covers passive point allocation while leveling. For gearing tips check the 1st page for the general gearing tips at the bottom of his post.
"
At endgame you can drop blood magic and use reduced mana to reserve 100% of your mana with Grace and Hatred. You then use blood magic support gems on your skills. This is not necessary but can be a nice DPS and defensive boost overall.

Why not anger and wrath instead like we used back in open beta days? Hatred needs high physical damage to work well. Lighting arrow halves your physical damage. Just thought elemental damage auras would be better.

Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 14, 2014, 11:02:20 AM
Hello mates,
it is me again with my LA Frenzy Ranger progression update.

I am currently lvl 58 and I am starting to worry a little bit, because I am dealing only 630 dps (regular attack) and something around 790 dps with Frenzy, which means I struggle a lot to kill any monster in Merc - and this sucks. In addition, I have 2k life and my survivability is crappy, I cannot run areas decently in Merc.

I do not doubt the potential of this build, I just want to know where I might have missed something - if I did.

Every tip will be appreciated!
Thank you!

My passive tree (lvl 59):

My gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by dangb on Apr 16, 2014, 11:49:48 AM
Hi !

I've been using this build, going for Jwindu's extra damage variant, level 61 now, and must say, it's a pretty cool and easy build indeed. A lot of fun with chain multiple projectile lithning arrow !

I stll don't have the cast when damage taken defense, and I have not encountered any major problem, exept for the Vaal's corrupted areas bosses. Died a few times there and by not paying attention/desync.

Excellent stuff, thanks for the tips ! :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgUtBfkILg48FHEV8BmOGf4aVRrbGwEbyCP2JbwppTJ-Nug6UjpYOrM-z0MxSn1OKlb6WfNaGlpIW69eE2BLYSFko2egapNyqXTteu982YTvhxmHdpAKm42fy6fUrKqv67ZBvea-p8APwBrEos2Y0k3TftXt3BXdDd7G37_qGOpi7YPuDu967_D3Mvjr-WP6sfzF_sg=
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
At endgame you can drop blood magic and use reduced mana to reserve 100% of your mana with Grace and Hatred. You then use blood magic support gems on your skills. This is not necessary but can be a nice DPS and defensive boost overall.

Sorry for the noob question, but was wondering where reduced mana is on the tree, or is it a gem i need to get?

Thx
"
parnzor12 wrote:
"

Sorry for the noob question, but was wondering where reduced mana is on the tree, or is it a gem i need to get?

Thx

There is a reduced mana support gem

and there are "Reduced mana reserved" nodes on the tree - if you plan to use auras you should get some of those nodes (usually the ones near the templar starting area) and also link the support gem to your aura skill gems.
Last edited by blueblacklogcake on Apr 23, 2014, 4:27:11 AM
Awesome, thx for the reply, it helps alot!
Whats the reasoning behind using lesser multiple rather than greater with this build ?
"
Ael00 wrote:
Whats the reasoning behind using lesser multiple rather than greater with this build ?

Lmp is enough. It's not worth losing another 20% damage by adding two more projectiles.
La itself hits up to 3 additional enemies near the target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info