[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

Hey there did anyone also got problem with headhunter buff grasping vine? i slow down like hell for 10 second and still got plenty of times every map... any way to fix it ?
"
FkAlex wrote:
Hi Gryph,

I see that in your character that you have replaced culling strike support with ball lightning. I understand the Awakened hextouch part with the new curse but is there a reason that you use ball lightning?

Ball lightning applies MANY hits with each cast. It will also ignite on those hits if you have fire damage to spells anywhere. What this does is gives an excellent source of passive HEALING from ES on hit and Life on Ignite.

It also has a long range and will apply curses+blind+combustion debuffs to all nearby and far away enemies that it can hit.

Also, culling strike is now gotten from my new medium curse cluster jewel that has Evil Eye (blind) and Wish for Death (cull).

"
Hey there did anyone also got problem with headhunter buff grasping vine? i slow down like hell for 10 second and still got plenty of times every map... any way to fix it ?

Pretty sure you just have to flame dash out of them. Alas.
Are there any benefits of stacking VD+DD together?
I tried it just for fun and it seemed it could work. Don't know if there is any dps gain or deficit though because bosses already melt :P

Edit: Btw,I replaced Hypothermia with DD, it feels like I am doing a bit more damage.
Last edited by johnywise on Feb 20, 2021, 11:43:14 AM
"
johnywise wrote:
Are there any benefits of stacking VD+DD together?
I tried it just for fun and it seemed it could work. Don't know if there is any dps gain or deficit though because bosses already melt :P

Edit: Btw,I replaced Hypothermia with DD, it feels like I am doing a bit more damage.

The issue with this is teh CoC rotation of skills. With just Desecrate and VD(or DD) you rotate back and forth:

Desecrate -> VD -> Desecrate -> VD

With what you're suggesting:

Desecrate -> VD -> DD -> Desecrate -> VD -> DD

Unfortunately you will not have enough corpses to make full use of all 3 skills and you're losing 40% more damage multiplier AND also losing tons of attack speed ramping because of lack of corpses to consume.

You might be feeling like you're doing more damage simply because of Detonate Dead--which does a lot more damage per hit than VD.
Hey Gryph,

Just started leveling to try out the build. I understand all the Stormblast Mine/OOS interaction and Spellslinger, but there is a lack of information on when and how to switch to Cyclone CoC.

At what point is it okay to switch to CoC Cyclone from Spellslinger? Should I be buying a staff at a certain level? Do I need a certain threshold of crit?

Thanks for the build/guide!
Last edited by Karved on Feb 20, 2021, 6:09:06 PM
"
Karved wrote:
Hey Gryph,

Just started leveling to try out the build. I understand all the Stormblast Mine/OOS interaction and Spellslinger, but there is a lack of information on when and how to switch to Cyclone CoC.

At what point is it okay to switch to CoC Cyclone from Spellslinger? Should I be buying a staff at a certain level? Do I need a certain threshold of crit?

Thanks for the build/guide!

You can switch at around level 70 (all skill quests complete) and after completing cruel/merc lab for Corpse Pact.

All you need is a staff and a 6L to get started with it. The self ignite uniques are also quite cheap so you can start right away with those too.
Hey Gryph,

Thanks for clarifying about the Ball Lighting. It makes a lot of sense now. Would you say to drop Blunt Trauma after getting Replica DD or is it okay with Martyr too? What would you say are some large cluster for damage if we feel like the Spell Block isn’t necessary? Would Sadist work? Will the chill and shock from our ascendancy count towards it? Thanks! Big fan of this great build!
"
FkAlex wrote:
Hey Gryph,

Thanks for clarifying about the Ball Lighting. It makes a lot of sense now. Would you say to drop Blunt Trauma after getting Replica DD or is it okay with Martyr too? What would you say are some large cluster for damage if we feel like the Spell Block isn’t necessary? Would Sadist work? Will the chill and shock from our ascendancy count towards it? Thanks! Big fan of this great build!

Yup, if you want to go for Damage get a fire or elemental cluster with Sadist

The other nodes are up to you for what you want really. Wifespread Destruction gives AOE (good for DD).

Take your pick. Nothing really extrordinary outside of Sadist. You can do Lightning/Cold Cluster for Sadist++Stormrider if you want better PC generation.
Wanna try headhunter in that build, but where can i get so much elemental resistances? :/
"
ADM1RALP3S wrote:
Wanna try headhunter in that build, but where can i get so much elemental resistances? :/

Gear, cluster jewel suffixes, etc...

Generally I think if you can afford the HH you can get the resistances needed. Go for a lot on ring for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info