[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

Switched to this from a homebrew dom blow / hop build that was melting bosses but was not a fast mapper and required me to stay in melee to keep minions up, gotta say I had forgotten how smooth mapping could be...

About to go for Sirus 9 with this build for the first time, with 100k total damage PoB, and kinda worried this will feel bad because he teleports around so much in last phase. What would you think of switching to Cast while Channeling for that? I know it procs 1/3rd as much, but it would proc consistently.

In addition, if you have any quick-and-dirty crafting advice for the rare pieces, I'd love it, there are so many crafting options these days but all I find is "just farm harvest 200 times"... Do you start on an item from scratch, or from chaos or fossil spam then harvest the right options?

Anyway, thank you for the build, I love using those weird interactions that end up actually working usefully !

Edit: 4-portalled Sirus (from a usual no-death / 10s per phase) but definitely smoother than expected, and I'll no death it next time. VD balls are great at showing you where the boss is lol.
Last edited by ivressemb on Feb 21, 2021, 3:57:51 PM
Hi

Can anyone look at my character and suggest me the next upgrade to do?

I think I need to be more tank.

And then I have a noob question: can ignite be reapplied to a monster that already has it on?

Thanks for all the answer, this build rocks! ^^
getting better and better, Any advice?

Can you link up your new pob please?

"
trunks0 wrote:
Hi

Can anyone look at my character and suggest me the next upgrade to do?

I think I need to be more tank.

And then I have a noob question: can ignite be reapplied to a monster that already has it on?

Thanks for all the answer, this build rocks! ^^

Regarding ignite: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite, relevant sentence: Separate applications of ignite do not stack cumulatively. Each ignite effect remains present on the target until it runs its course, but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment. So yes, you can apply as many ignites as you want on anything.

As for your character, my advice would be to look for an explodey chest asap, they make mapping feel 100% better (smoother is not the term because killing screens of enemies at a time seriously lags the game lol). You could also look for the points to get a Hotheaded, and the currency to get Cinderswallow to make mapping incredibly efficient.

Aside from that you have rares that can likely be upgraded, and getting Overlord (+1 useful or semi-useful notable) on a Megalomania would give you more survivability. You also have some points leftover in the staff crit wheel to the left of the tree that will probably be better put into better clusters jewels.

And last, for fairly cheap, you could get yourself some really nice flasks. Atziri's promise, Taste of Hate, Rumi, any would give you something nice.
"
ivressemb wrote:
Switched to this from a homebrew dom blow / hop build that was melting bosses but was not a fast mapper and required me to stay in melee to keep minions up, gotta say I had forgotten how smooth mapping could be...

About to go for Sirus 9 with this build for the first time, with 100k total damage PoB, and kinda worried this will feel bad because he teleports around so much in last phase. What would you think of switching to Cast while Channeling for that? I know it procs 1/3rd as much, but it would proc consistently.

In addition, if you have any quick-and-dirty crafting advice for the rare pieces, I'd love it, there are so many crafting options these days but all I find is "just farm harvest 200 times"... Do you start on an item from scratch, or from chaos or fossil spam then harvest the right options?

Anyway, thank you for the build, I love using those weird interactions that end up actually working usefully !

Edit: 4-portalled Sirus (from a usual no-death / 10s per phase) but definitely smoother than expected, and I'll no death it next time. VD balls are great at showing you where the boss is lol.

yeah unfortunately a lot of the end game crafting is really just "Go do Harvest" that said you would benefit greatly from learning the ins and outs of The Forbidden Trove (TFT for short) Discord server for buy/selling Harvest crafts.

A good example of an item I started with fossils though is the belt. Literally just pristine spammed until double T1 life and went from there for the rest.
Hello Gryph, I would like to thanks for your build first. It is really fun and lazy, although the VD balls are abusing my display card.
I am starting to complete the league challenges. However. I feel the bosses is not melt as fast as your showcase, e.g. A8 Suris.
Below are my current item, please give me some guidance.

Do I need to change a better belt in Hunter mod? I have around 15EX budget now.
Also, is this build impossible to pass Uber Atziri?
Last edited by zoro513 on Feb 21, 2021, 10:44:53 PM
Finally just finished A10 and got myself a starter set for this build. I'm struggling.

I'm only lvl 70 with REALLY shit gem levels (I fucked up and didnt lvl my gems while leveling) but could someone check out my gear and tell me what's going on other than that? I know I don't have clusters yet either, I literally just dinged and wanted to try the build without spellslinger so I haven't gotten to it yet. Is that the issue? I don't have issues with survivability it seems, but my chance to crit feels awful and i'm lacking tons of damage compared to leveling with spellslinger. I'm following the guide to a tee in terms of gear (with the currency i could do for now).

I'm still fairly new to the game so any help would be appreciated. Can't even do low yellows right now with this build. My character name is Sirus_Simp (lol) on my page.
Last edited by Karved on Feb 22, 2021, 2:30:50 AM
"
Karved wrote:
Finally just finished A10 and got myself a starter set for this build. I'm struggling.

I'm only lvl 70 with REALLY shit gem levels (I fucked up and didnt lvl my gems while leveling) but could someone check out my gear and tell me what's going on other than that? I know I don't have clusters yet either, I literally just dinged and wanted to try the build without spellslinger so I haven't gotten to it yet. Is that the issue? I don't have issues with survivability it seems, but my chance to crit feels awful and i'm lacking tons of damage compared to leveling with spellslinger. I'm following the guide to a tee in terms of gear (with the currency i could do for now).

I'm still fairly new to the game so any help would be appreciated. Can't even do low yellows right now with this build. My character name is Sirus_Simp (lol) on my page.

The issue is that you haven't taken the Staff Crit nodes which you should have by level 70. Your crit is going to be really low without those.

"
zoro513 wrote:
Hello Gryph, I would like to thanks for your build first. It is really fun and lazy, although the VD balls are abusing my display card.
I am starting to complete the league challenges. However. I feel the bosses is not melt as fast as your showcase, e.g. A8 Suris.
Below are my current item, please give me some guidance.

Do I need to change a better belt in Hunter mod? I have around 15EX budget now.
Also, is this build impossible to pass Uber Atziri?

To do Uber Atziri, use level 1 Detonate Dead and make sure you are using specters.

Corpse Explosion damage cannot be reflected and a level 1 DD won't kill you to her 1% reflect. Don't hit the mirror in split phase though, that'll still kill you.

Does anyone know what would be easiest way to craft a flammability on hit ring with T1 dex roll?
Hi All,

want to say again thank you Gryph for that nice build. In the meantime it has become my all-time favorite build because it´s so balanced defence/offence vise.

In Delve i stuck at around depth 600 because apparently there is reflect even if it´s not in the biome description. Read the last post with Detonate Dead at level 1 for atziri reflect and it solves my problem ;-) Currently im at 640 depth and still kill a Crystal King without any hassle

Here are my current setup. Also a pastebin https://pastebin.com/FuQgmZ6E

I still stick with a Watchers Eye with Life/Energy on hit because it´s free up a ring slot for more damage, life and resists. Of course i likely do suiciding if i forgot to pop Cinderswallow before jumping in a big pack. But to be honest thats rarely a issue and always my fault.

My last project was the body armour. I want to craft explode and offering as elevated mod. I start with a vaal regalia because it would give me 500 extra energy shield. Failed 5 times with bought maven orbs to hit the explode mod. Not to say that i didn´t even try to hit offering on the other chest. Decided to farm the maven orbs myself after 10 Maven´s without a maven orb i was so upset to buy a base body armor with elevated explode and offering for 40ex and craft the rest to my satisfaction. Unfortunately there a only astral plates to buy with needed stats.. and still need to divine it.

Next possible upgrades
- have enough avoid being stunned on cluster jewels/jewels to skip Lucidity. The 3 passive points could be invested in life or a Megalomaniac with Fettle, block chance and maybe some damage or more life. The lose of Overlord must be compensated with a large cluster jewel with overlord.
- Craft any other gear with elevated mods
- Hit T1 Accuracy on the helmet to switch the alternate quality on the staff to elemental damage
- Craft a helmet with a better enchantment
- Buy a watchers eye with life/energy shield gain on hit with a good Anger damage mod
- Buy a 21/20 divergent bone offering gem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info