[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Loving the build! Farming T16 maps (no delirium) comfortably. My main issue that's bothering me is mana consumption. Could someone check out my character (ACoolGuy) and see what improvements I can make? Right now I can only spawn 5 totems before oom and then need to wait a split second to spawn the other 3. During rituals if there's a lot of aoe it's pretty frustrating too because it seems I can't keep up the totem count due to mana to finish it. This is with only skitterbots and grace aura too.

Any suggestions?
Just a question how much tooltip dps do you guys have when no totem is out? i am at 100k and It feels like it should be a lot more?
Hello,
Enjoyed that build a lot and pushed it to 20 mil sirus dps. Without corrupted frostferno yet. When I get a good corrupt it will be like 25 or so.
Got some nice gear there though - the budget is between 50 to 150ex by now, did not count and crafted some gear myself

Grabbed 32 watchstones, killed A9 Sirus, Maven. Did not manage to kill The Feared yet, its kinda hard.

Configured POB profile:
https://pastebin.com/Tap5dq2Y
(Bow cluster is missing +% light res, so it is actually capped)

Wanted to share A LOT of my thoughts on pushing it to endgame from mid-gier

Gems setup:
Spoiler
Kaom is first thing you should drop, gem sockets are like one of the most valuable things in gear

- Lvl4 (5 in my case with gloves implicit) Enhance boosts berserk (and blood rage) quality for tons of extra attack speed. Also boosts Phantasmal Blink Arrow for 3d charge. With this build I enjoyed it more than Flame Dash
- If you get more sockets - you can use awakened hextouch for +1 curse. With +1 curse chest (amy corrupt is too hard to get unless you use a unique), a 6L or a curse in gloves implicit / on a ring you can use Flammability, Ele Weakness and Sniper's Mark all at once for great dmg boost (esp fork part on Snipers is super nice). Also rare chest can give us flat crit to attacks, so drop that Kaom already
- Frenzy is nice, but Ensnaring Arrow is better (watch closely - PoB only supports 1 ensare stack, so it loses a 40% more dmg in calculations, with 60% more total) if you get frenzy generation from a quiver mod for example or a chest mod. There are plenty of various frenzy generation sources if we dont spend them on phase run all the time.
- With ensnaring arrow/frenzy in 6L you can also use Life on Hit support (huge sustain) or Culling Strike (for better frenzy charges ramp up on maps and executing that nasty boss)
- You can get Wave of Confiction in a trap, so it deals dmg despite Avatar of Fire and applies exposure. Good for fat bosses like A9 Sirus, Maven...and Harvest plants
- Need Precision lvl17-20 leveled for Passives Tree shennanigans below - more links in gear allow to grab an Enlighten to do it.
- The con of using awakened hextouch (except high price) - u will need a t1 int roll somewhere on your gear and a little more (i've took about +10 int in my hp small cluster)

Gear observations:
Spoiler
- Bottled Faith is super great. We like crit and dmg, we like regen. We like to spend ex on gear. Damn, I suppose every crit build benefits from it. Grab it as soon as you have the cash.
- Cinderswallow Urn is nice to have too. Totally works with totem ignites - great to AFK t16 juiced rituals due to in-build life recovery, just dodging nemesis hits occasionally. Both crit and regen mods are fine (I use regen atm)
- Even on hiero grab some %Mana Regen on gear to sustain active Berserk BOTH WITH RAGE (which gives 25%AS and 50%dmg inc by itself) better and longer. Amulet implicit, ring essence mods are good sources
- Consider a Stygian with Increased Life Recovery. Great mod to boost all regen as main source of our sustain. Also grab "recover 2% life on kill if you have rage" from lab. Its actually quite easy to get (just 15 mods on belt enchants), took me 3 runs with Twice Enchanted and a single Dark Shrine +1 enchant procs

- Tried brutal charges belt. The dmg is nice, but dropping 16% reduction from endurances is pain. U get oneshots like A LOT more often, especially on maven harder fights. You can use it if you are OK with going glass cannon
- Also tried new Fury boots https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Legacy_of_Fury that apply Scorch via ground without disabling Ignite. Theoretically dmg is nice (one more elemental ailment on boss for elehit, -13% fire res from scorch) but practically its too hard to run under a harder boss with all degen zones and hits every 4 seconds, to keep the ground scorched. Also does not apply well while mapping. Not worth dropping a good rare boots. DO NOT RECOMMEND ON RANGED BUILDS. Might be worth attention on some melee fire builds though

Tree:
Spoiler
- We got weird tree with a lot of travelling so jewel sockets are a problem. I used Thread of Hope near bow clusters to grab 4 sweet keystones (including pierce to free an affix on boots), and one good flat accuracy mod on gear with ice golem in cwdt (cause he dies all the time) to drop Aquity, Farsight and get points for some good clusters.
- Get a small HP (Surging Vitality is great in our build) and a Bow Large Cluster with Martial Prowess, Arcing Shot and Devastator/Smite the Weak. Devastator does not chain so don't get too exited. Totems still can't utilize the BOOM affix.
Feed the Fury might be OK QoL to give totems life leech so they live better in degen zones and when hit.
Warning - PoB does not account for Arcing Shot in any way by default, so I just added its stats as flat to jewel to see if its good (its good)
Also it can be forced on cluster via non-Crit to Crit craft
- That gives a slot for a Watcher's Eye (and Grace flat +% chance to evade hits is super. Or just grab dmg mods)
- Rain of Splinters is kinda meh unless its for Barrage - get an additional arrow from quiver (or rare bow). 2 arrows proved enough

Current gear:
Spoiler

Thoughts to improve:
Spoiler

- Finish crafting of a new +1 curse / attack crit chest. Or just accept I will never roll good resists and buy one. Got 2 curses atm. A ring with sniper's mark is waiting its 3 curses limit))
- Obviously get better frostferno already (+6 or +8). Did not feel like buying
and double corruption chambers just don't show up
- Actually greatest helm enchant for us is More Berserk effect. Its stronger than EleHit enchants in a couple of times. Blood Rage AS enchant is also OK
- Experiment with rare bow possibilities, whether it can get higher dps. It can get up to +7 lvl to elehit with empower, while opening head for a rare or other unique. Opens up possibility for barrage with Dying Sun for fatest bosses? Also 30% less dmg on Quil Rain depresses me
- My ring are kinda cheap and supbar. If I play long enough with this char I could think about some with +1 maximum frenzy or just see what can I get from influenced bases
- Elder boots with Inc Duration to return Phase Run (gotta see if frenzy charges ramp back up fast enough with it though)
- Gotta experiment with Phantasmal Ballista support. 10% chance for projectiles to return sounds like potential ~10% more on bosses

Update: looked closer today, ensnaring arrow seem to not apply snare on enimies pierced. So only middle line of monsters gets a snare. That makes it not such a great skill =P. Looking for some workaround (Works kinda good with chain support on clearing juicy maps, but I hoped to boost priority targets dmg with it. Sadface)
Seems you could only use it reliably on bosses without any pierce on gear or passives, so not exactly a must-have option. And rejecting pierce altogether is just not exactly imaginable
Last edited by DemetryN on Feb 17, 2021, 11:09:29 AM
Hello, loving the build! My account is linked to pc but I'm playing on console now. I was wondering about the value that void walker boots might provide https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidwalker

I've switched builds mid league and these are left over. Already has phasing and +5 pierce?

Thanks!
"
EL0E wrote:
Hello, loving the build! My account is linked to pc but I'm playing on console now. I was wondering about the value that void walker boots might provide https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidwalker

I've switched builds mid league and these are left over. Already has phasing and +5 pierce?

Thanks!

Voidwalkers might be ok as mid-gier, but they lack flat hp and that much pierce is rarely fully exploited (white and magic mobs just explode immediatlye anyway, and rares do not tend to line up that much)
So I would aim at single influence rare boots with Illusive or flat phys reduction, hp and some resists. 2 pierce is good enough for clear IMO
"
Demetryn wrote:
Hello,
Enjoyed that build a lot and pushed it to 20 mil sirus dps. Without corrupted frostferno yet. When I get a good corrupt it will be like 25 or so.
Got some nice gear there though - the budget is between 50 to 150ex by now, did not count and crafted some gear myself

Grabbed 32 watchstones, killed A9 Sirus, Maven. Did not manage to kill The Feared yet, its kinda hard.

Configured POB profile:

Gems setup:
Spoiler
Kaom is first thing you should drop, gem sockets are like one of the most valuable things in gear

- Lvl4 (5 in my case with gloves implicit) Enhance boosts berserk (and blood rage) quality for tons of extra attack speed. Also boosts Phantasmal Blink Arrow for 3d charge. With this build I enjoyed it more than Flame Dash
- If you get more sockets - you can use awakened hextouch for +1 curse. With +1 curse chest (amy corrupt is too hard to get unless you use a unique), a 6L or a curse in gloves implicit / on a ring you can use Flammability, Ele Weakness and Sniper's Mark all at once for great dmg boost (esp fork part on Snipers is super nice). Also rare chest can give us flat crit to attacks, so drop that Kaom already
- Frenzy is nice, but Ensnaring Arrow is better (watch closely - PoB only supports 1 ensare stack, so it loses a 40% more dmg in calculations, with 60% more total) if you get frenzy generation from a quiver mod for example or a chest mod. There are plenty of various frenzy generation sources if we dont spend them on phase run all the time.
- With ensnaring arrow/frenzy in 6L you can also use Life on Hit support (huge sustain) or Culling Strike (for better frenzy charges ramp up on maps and executing that nasty boss)
- You can get Wave of Confiction in a trap, so it deals dmg despite Avatar of Fire and applies exposure. Good for fat bosses like A9 Sirus, Maven...and Harvest plants
- Need Precision lvl17-20 leveled for Passives Tree shennanigans below - more links in gear allow to grab an Enlighten to do it.
- The con of using awakened hextouch (except high price) - u will need a t1 int roll somewhere on your gear and a little more (i've took about +10 int in my hp small cluster)

Gear observations:
Spoiler
- Bottled Faith is super great. We like crit and dmg, we like regen. We like to spend ex on gear. Damn, I suppose every crit build benefits from it. Grab it as soon as you have the cash.
- Cinderswallow Urn is nice to have too. Totally works with totem ignites - great to AFK t16 juiced rituals due to in-build life recovery, just dodging nemesis hits occasionally. Both crit and regen mods are fine (I use regen atm)
- Even on hiero grab some %Mana Regen on gear to sustain active Berserk BOTH WITH RAGE (which gives 25%AS and 50%dmg inc by itself) better and longer. Amulet implicit, ring essence mods are good sources
- Consider a Stygian with Increased Life Recovery. Great mod to boost all regen as main source of our sustain. Also grab "recover 2% life on kill if you have rage" from lab. Its actually quite easy to get (just 15 mods on belt enchants), took me 3 runs with Twice Enchanted and a single Dark Shrine +1 enchant procs

- Tried brutal charges belt. The dmg is nice, but dropping 16% reduction from endurances is pain. U get oneshots like A LOT more often, especially on maven harder fights. You can use it if you are OK with going glass cannon
- Also tried new Fury boots https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Legacy_of_Fury that apply Scorch via ground without disabling Ignite. Theoretically dmg is nice (one more elemental ailment on boss for elehit, -13% fire res from scorch) but practically its too hard to run under a harder boss with all degen zones and hits every 4 seconds, to keep the ground scorched. Also does not apply well while mapping. Not worth dropping a good rare boots. DO NOT RECOMMEND ON RANGED BUILDS. Might be worth attention on some melee fire builds though

Tree:
Spoiler
- We got weird tree with a lot of travelling so jewel sockets are a problem. I used Thread of Hope near bow clusters to grab 4 sweet keystones (including pierce to free an affix on boots), and one good flat accuracy mod on gear with ice golem in cwdt (cause he dies all the time) to drop Aquity, Farsight and get points for some good clusters.
- Get a small HP (Surging Vitality is great in our build) and a Bow Large Cluster with Martial Prowess, Arcing Shot and Devastator/Smite the Weak. Devastator does not chain so don't get too exited. Totems still can't utilize the BOOM affix.
Feed the Fury might be OK QoL to give totems life leech so they live better in degen zones and when hit.
Warning - PoB does not account for Arcing Shot in any way by default, so I just added its stats as flat to jewel to see if its good (its good)
- That gives a slot for a Watcher's Eye (and Grace flat +% chance to evade hits is super. Or just grab dmg mods)
- Rain of Splinters is kinda meh unless its for Barrage - get an additional arrow from quiver (or rare bow). 2 arrows proved enough

Current gear:
Spoiler

Thoughts to improve:
Spoiler

- Finish crafting of a new +1 curse / attack crit chest. Or just accept I will never roll good resists and buy one. Got 2 curses atm
- Actually greatest helm enchant for us is More Berserk effect. Its stronger than EleHit enchants in a couple of times. Blood Rage AS enchant is also OK
- Experiment with rare bow possibilities, whether it can get higher dps. It can get up to +7 lvl to elehit with empower, while opening head for a rare or other unique. Opens up possibility for barrage with Dying Sun for fatest bosses? Also 30% less dmg on Quil Rain depresses me
- My ring are kinda cheap and supbar. If I play long enough with this char I could think about some with +1 maximum frenzy or just see what can I get from influenced bases
- Elder boots with Inc Duration to return Phase Run (gotta see if frenzy charges ramp back up fast enough with it though)
- Gotta experiment with Phantasmal Ballista support. 10% chance for projectiles to return sounds like potential ~10% more on bosses

Some interesting changes to the build, but something is a bit hard to believe for me - you say The Feared is difficult with 20m DPS, which I assume is per totem? I ended up beating them relatively early in the league just following Vei's guide before I made my own tweaks here and there. I would imagine the guardians would just fall over with that level of DPS...
"
Some interesting changes to the build, but something is a bit hard to believe for me - you say The Feared is difficult with 20m DPS, which I assume is per totem? I ended up beating them relatively early in the league just following Vei's guide before I made my own tweaks here and there. I would imagine the guardians would just fall over with that level of DPS...

Nope, this is combined for 7 totems. I'm not sure this build can theoretically be pushed to be around even 10 mil per totem as there are just not enough sources of crit multi.

Scrolled through this topic - gotta try a swap with barrage + dying sun for tough bosses. Might be just the case if its significantly better than combustion.

The problem with the Feared is that totems get killed a lot by all the random aoe (shaper beams, atziri flameblast) while im busy dodging shit
Hard to focus them one by one for me while surviving
Last edited by DemetryN on Feb 17, 2021, 11:30:15 AM
"
Karved wrote:
Loving the build! Farming T16 maps (no delirium) comfortably. My main issue that's bothering me is mana consumption. Could someone check out my character (ACoolGuy) and see what improvements I can make? Right now I can only spawn 5 totems before oom and then need to wait a split second to spawn the other 3. During rituals if there's a lot of aoe it's pretty frustrating too because it seems I can't keep up the totem count due to mana to finish it. This is with only skitterbots and grace aura too.

Any suggestions?

Hi there,

The solution for mana issues is either:

1. Use an Enduring(Prefix) Mana Flask

2. Get 2 source of Non-Channelling Skills have (-9–-8) to Total Mana Cost, I wrote more about it at this link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581/page/1#p23724378

Look for "15th Jan 2021 - Please Read Before Venturing into 3.13 with this Build" under Mana Issues section for the various sources and also the Tips section on getting the bench craft

Either of this should solve your mana issues.

"
dragonslaver wrote:
Just a question how much tooltip dps do you guys have when no totem is out? i am at 100k and It feels like it should be a lot more?

I am at 83.6k when no totems is out in my hideout.

"
EL0E wrote:

Thanks!

Hello!

5 Pierce is overkill plus Totem kills are not counted as ours so we don't get Phasing(We do kill occasionally when an enemy dies from ignite damage). The boot doesn't offer much for this build, pretty bad IMO.

"
Demetryn wrote:
Hello,

Configured POB profile:

Gems setup:
Spoiler

Gear observations:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler

Current gear:
Spoiler

Thoughts to improve:
Spoiler

- Finish crafting of a new +1 curse / attack crit chest. Or just accept I will never roll good resists and buy one. Got 2 curses atm

Hello,

Great to hear you enjoyed the build and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

With regards to Ensnaring Arrow, I have tested and it doesn't work well when we have pierce. From the Wiki:

Ensnaring Arrow will tether to the last enemy it hits, after the projectile has finished all its chains, forks, and pierces.

Which means if we have any pierce, it doesn't do anything against no minion Boss Encounters, whereas for Boss Encounters with additional minions, it might be hard to make the boss the last target.

To utilize it, I think we will need to get our Pierce Source from equipment instead of from Passive Tree so we can swap to zero pierce before fighting the boss.

Cheers
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Demetryn wrote:
"

Nope, this is combined for 7 totems. I'm not sure this build can theoretically be pushed to be around even 10 mil per totem as there are just not enough sources of crit multi.

Scrolled through this topic - gotta try a swap with barrage + dying sun for tough bosses. Might be just the case if its significantly better than combustion.

The problem with the Feared is that totems get killed a lot by all the random aoe (shaper beams, atziri flameblast) while im busy dodging shit
Hard to focus them one by one for me while surviving

I see, that makes more sense. I remember back when I did do it things weren't too bad, but I was running point blank and rushing bosses down as soon as they popped from her stasis.
Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for making the first build ever that have gotten me invested enough to the point where im making personal adjustments.
Would really love to here your thoughts on them ^^

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fhy8UQqG

1. Removing multiple projectiles from Frenzy. When i got far enough into the end game i feld like the frenzy charges didn't really seem necessary for mapping, and hitting bosses with just the one arrow seems pretty consistent. So Anomalous ice golem seems way better atm, but it may just be preference i guess.

2. King of the Hill is the enemy. This keystone interacts so poorly with Point blank that i have chosen to remove it from my tree, atm im looking for a watchers eye/cluster jewel setup to replace the tree chain.

3. Using Dying Sun. This flask is straight broken, makes map coverage way stronger, and burst bosses super hard. Really hoping i can get a bossing +6/+8 Frostferno with a green socket instead of blue for barrage soon.

Thats just the ramblings of a fan of the build tho, really nice guide in general, that have gotten me way harder in to PoE than any other! So thanks! ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info