[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Ahewaz wrote:
I created some videos in honour of your new thread. You are welcome to use them if you want.

All are 3.12 Heist League.

Wow, That's so very nice of you! I be more than happy to use them, really appreciate it. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to create all these videos. These are some nice sweet videos. :)

I always feel the guide is missing something without videos but its now complete with yours.

Thanks you!

Cheers
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Ahewaz wrote:
I created some videos in honour of your new thread. You are welcome to use them if you want.

I am interested at what state of build you are with your character in these videos. For example conquerors one - what upgrades you have here? Is it still budget at this stage?
"
Daemonion wrote:
"
Ahewaz wrote:

I am interested at what state of build you are with your character in these videos. For example conquerors one - what upgrades you have here? Is it still budget at this stage?

Well, the league is almost done so I am at, some of the best gear you can possibly get. My profile is open, you are welcome to look.

I can kill everything that you watched with minimal gear as well. It just takes a little longer.

At the time of purchase.

Spoiler

Frostferno Double Corrupt - 35ex - Single Corrupt is a lot cheaper

Corrupted Kaom's - 31ex - without the corruption - 4 ex depending on the roll or when you are buying it. IE Start of the League - a few weeks in etc.

Corrupted Quill Rain - 3ex - Clean 3 to 5c?

Amulet (double level) - I cannot recall what I paid for it, I think it was around 5ex.

Rings were around an ex each.

Belt was 60c

Boots were 3ex.

Gloves were 2ex

Quiver was 3ex

Rest is just a few Chaos here and there.

If you look at my gear in standard, it is pretty weak however I can kill everything without putting in too much effort. The gear in standard was from the last league. I was able to get 37 achievements.

Standard gear - About 25ex
Spoiler

You can see in my videos, I am always hovering over my DPS value which is sitting at 194k in Heist. By comparison, I only have 119k in the standard league but have always managed to kill everything over the last year+ without any issues. This league was just a loot pinata. I mean I have never gotten a HH before and this League I have 2 with currency to burn.

Vei has a very good section on what to upgrade and when. What is considered a necessity and what is considered a luxury.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Wow.. I think I found my 3.13 starter build here. Tried it today in Flashback and it looks really promising. With just the basic setup (Close Combats/Quill Rain/Frostferno/Rain of Splinters) I could take it to yellow maps straight away. Now I'm even more hyped for the next season. Cheers!
"
andayk wrote:
Wow.. I think I found my 3.13 starter build here. Tried it today in Flashback and it looks really promising. With just the basic setup (Close Combats/Quill Rain/Frostferno/Rain of Splinters) I could take it to yellow maps straight away. Now I'm even more hyped for the next season. Cheers!

Awesome! I myself am also hyped for the next season, after having skipped like 99% of Heist XD

Last edited by Vei on Jan 1, 2021, 3:20:45 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the amazing guide, I love totems but never tried this, will start 3.13 with it for sure.

I have been fooling around in POB, and I was wondering if this could be good as a deadeye. Certainly worse survabibility and single target, but the clear could be fun. Or am I mistaken and the ascendency bonus yo projectiles will not affect totems ?
"
thomzon wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the amazing guide, I love totems but never tried this, will start 3.13 with it for sure.

I have been fooling around in POB, and I was wondering if this could be good as a deadeye. Certainly worse survabibility and single target, but the clear could be fun. Or am I mistaken and the ascendency bonus yo projectiles will not affect totems ?

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in the build.

Deadeye's bonus projectile does affect totems.

However, let's take a closer look at we will be missing from not going Hiero:
*Info in parenthesis lists the source

- 90% Totem Placement Speed (Ritual of Awakening + 2 Small Passive)

90% is a pretty big chunk and you will definitely feel it and its effect is amplified when you see the next point

- 2 Totem per cast VS to 1 Totem per cast(Ritual of Awakening)

Which means Longer time to setup all your totems when mapping(And do remember, there is a slight pause after totems are placed before they start shooting). Also, "double" the mana needed to cast them since Hiero just need 3 cast to put 6 totems while Deadeye needs 6 cast for 6 totems.

- 100% Mana Regeneration(5 Small Passive)

That's quite a chunk of Mana Regeneration that later will go into Rage Regeneration and help Berserk last longer.

- 0.5% Mana Regeneration per totem up(Different from the above)(Ritual of Awakening)

- This helps a lot with the frequent casting of Totems and are not converted into Rage Regeneration later. Think about not having these Mana Regenerations plus you have to cast twice as often compared to Hiero. (*Plays Deadeye's "Not enough Mana" sound*)

- 1% Life Regeneration per totem up(Ritual of Awakening)

Without this, it increase the frequency and reliance on life flask since this build doesn't leech.

- Endurance and Power Charges(Conviction of Power)

You will then have to get them from other sources or do without them.

- 1 less totem(Pursuit of Faith)

14.2% less DPS. From a simple 1 Divide 7, calculations might be a bit more complicated but you get the idea.

I can totally understand/imagine the fun of playing it as a Deadeye but the above might be some issues/factors to consider when playing Deadeye or any Ascendancy outside of Hiero. The "1 Totem per cast" is definitely the biggest one.

Edit 1
Actually, other than Deadeye's Far Shot, we can access many Deadeye's Ascendancy benefits through alternatives, example

Skill fires an Additional Projectile - If we really want the additional projectiles, we can go with a Corrupted Quill Rain with "Bow Fire an Additional Arrows" and later on a Shaper/Warlord quiver with the "Bow Fire an Additional Arrows". Also can use a Dying Sun Flask for 2 Additional projectile.

Projectile pierces 3 additional Targets - We can get "Projectiles Pierce 2 additional Targets" from just 1 affix on a Hunter Boot(Which is one of the equipment I suggested in "11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details"). The other pierce can come from a Quiver's implicit if we need it. Though generally I think 2 pierce is good enough for most situations.

Skill Chain + 1 Times - This build uses rare quivers so it's a bit hard to get Chain on them, but if one really wants Chain, just use a Skrimish corrupted with Chain and there you have it!

Edit 2
Tailwind - not too helpful for us(See below), base on the info I saw when I looked around(As best as I can). Might be wrong so if anyone knows better, feel free to correct it.

- Totems doesn't activate the Tailwind buff when it shoots
- Totems doesn't get the Tailwind buff through Gathering Winds Ascendancy(even though Totems are considered Allies)
- Totems also doesn't inherit our Action Speed
- Tailwind does helps in our Totem Placement Speed

References
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8ljt10/discussion_tailwind_and_totems/

So to answer your question "if this could be good as a deadeye", base on the above disadvantages of not being a Hiero, plus most benefits of a Deadeye is not "exclusive" and pretty accessible from alternatives, and Tailwind isn't of much benefit to totems, not much reason to go for a Deadeye.

P.S. Sorry it took sometime to come up with a "complete" answer to your question

Last edited by Vei on Jan 2, 2021, 6:56:36 AM
Hi, thanks for the detailed guide! I play mainly SSF, and did an EA totems Hiero during Heist. But I am interested in trying elemental hit instead next league.

How would you compare EA vs Ele hit? Looking at it, it seems like EA is simply easier to build due to zero required uniques. But I have no idea how scaling compares between the two. Do you think it would be easy to transition from EA to Ele hit after finding the jewels?

What are your thoughts on using a 6L +3 bow (super easy to fossil craft) instead of Frostferno? Fated uniques are very difficult to get without trade.
Last edited by cfaftw on Jan 1, 2021, 6:38:26 PM
Hey there. Too bad my 3.13 League Start practise is done and I know what I am going with (if it survives patch notes that is xD), but I just wanted to quickly congratulate on the insanely well structured guide. For a first introduction into the guide there is literally no question left open and it was fun to read, even while not considering running it. Good job!
Superbly written guide, Vei, and much thanks to Ahewaz for the vids. I did look at this build for Heist but ended up going poison BV assassin (no regrets, lots of fun!) but will definitely be following this for 3.13 assuming no major nerfs.

Never played totems before but like the play style from Ahewaz's vids. I know this isn't a proper focussed delve build but how does it perform in delve as it's a part of POE I quite enjoy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info