[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Vennto wrote:
So, since your build really intrigued me I started playing around a bit with it and will keep it as an alternative starter if my planned build gets hit (which I don´t think since it is off-meta anyway but you´ll never know...).

In terms of the leveling though I kind of have a bad experience. Not that it doesn´t work, it is just kind of slow. Let me point out though: My aim is to reach BA around 3.30 - 3.45 and maps after max 4.30 hours. So yeah, high demand in terms of speed.

I saw that templar has access to frost bomb, OOS so I was thinking of a typical Witch-Setup for Racing A1/A2 with stormblast mine. The missing smoke mine I would buy from a friend, onslaught is available so that´s fine. In terms of the passive tree I would travel up from retribution to arcanist´s dominion into lightning walker, grabbing light of divinity and divine judgement before I keep travelling your typical path which should push the dmg quicker.

Another problem with this is though we have no access to swift assembly support or trap and mine damage support, leading me in a kind of weird place. Do you have any suggestions how to get this build faster? Maps after 1-3 days are really no option, I am normally half done with my atlas at that time.

TLDR
The leveling guide is totally not catered to the "Reach map in 4-5 hours" meta. As a casual player myself who reaches map only in Day 4, I regret to say that I am unable to provide any better advise for meta players like you.

Unfortunately, my answer for you will be disappointing.

A bit background about myself, which will make things easier to understand. I am a Reach Map in Day 4 person so obviously a pretty(or ultra) casual player. So when I wrote the leveling guide, its kind of base on what works for me. Think you can see where all this is leading to.

Obviously, I understand and am aware of the "Reach map in 4-5 hours"(Or maybe even faster) meta these days. Along the way as I learn more, I updated the guide to accommodate(Not totally fit) the meta as much as possible, example:

1. This is not part of my guide but I highlighted the tips shared by lolshie on leveling the build since he mentioned 5:00 to 5:20 for all 3 trials etc (He didn't mention but I assume the timing is for reaching maps) Not sure if you have seen this already but in case you haven't maybe it might give you some ideas or something. (Direct Link)

2. I added the "Note for Early League Rushers" in "10. Budget Equipment Details" because I understand that it will take a bit of time before a player will have access to Frostferno and sometimes that takes longer. To bridge the gap between Holy Flame Totems and Frostferno, this is where the Tabula Rasa Setup comes in.

3. I added the new section "(Optional)4 more additional DPS options" under "9.1 Leveling Part 1" because there were people who asked why I used "Summon Phantasm" in my Holy Flame Totem setup so I recommended the guy to change it to Elemental Focus then and now I incorporated this suggestion as 1 of the "more DPS option" (I know this and the other 3 options are hardly what a "4 hours reach map meta player" requires)

However I also want to keep the leveling guide simple, e.g.

In the 2nd additional DPS Option in 9.1 Leveling Part 1, which is the "Flammability + Arcane Surge + Spell Cascade setup, this setup can only be used in Act 3 since that is when we have access to the Flammability Gem

I could have add additional notes to indicate using Flame Dash + Arcane Surge in Act 1, so we can start to take advantage of Arcane Surge earlier then convert to the above but I decided to keep it simple.

In a way, you can say the leveling guide is catered more for casuals and it definitely is.

So unfortunately and regretfully, I don't think I can provide any good advice for you. Hopefully someone else can post and give some good ones.

Regards
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Vennto wrote:
So, since your build really intrigued me I started playing around a bit with it and will keep it as an alternative starter if my planned build gets hit (which I don´t think since it is off-meta anyway but you´ll never know...).

In terms of the leveling though I kind of have a bad experience. Not that it doesn´t work, it is just kind of slow. Let me point out though: My aim is to reach BA around 3.30 - 3.45 and maps after max 4.30 hours. So yeah, high demand in terms of speed.

I saw that templar has access to frost bomb, OOS so I was thinking of a typical Witch-Setup for Racing A1/A2 with stormblast mine. The missing smoke mine I would buy from a friend, onslaught is available so that´s fine. In terms of the passive tree I would travel up from retribution to arcanist´s dominion into lightning walker, grabbing light of divinity and divine judgement before I keep travelling your typical path which should push the dmg quicker.

Another problem with this is though we have no access to swift assembly support or trap and mine damage support, leading me in a kind of weird place. Do you have any suggestions how to get this build faster? Maps after 1-3 days are really no option, I am normally half done with my atlas at that time.

I hit BA within 2 days and I stay there till I get a Tabula Rasa. I am always in maps before the weekend is out. I usually like to play with Arc Totems (available at level 12) as they are fast and kill everything without me having to put that much effort into it. 4L will get you through the 10 acts. The best part is you can just toss the totem(s) and never stop unless you really want to kill something. You can have 2 totems by level 17ish and 3 once you complete the first trial (Act 3).

I also do not make the change to EH till I have some of the needed gear (Jewels / Quill Rain). You can 6l EH at the start of maps till you get a Frostferno.

EDIT: It takes me on average 6 hours to hit BA and get my Tabula Rasa.
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Jan 4, 2021, 12:03:40 PM
I'm a casual player that tried out his first totem build in 3.12 (Dex stacking Siege Ballista), definitely going to try your build in 3.13 to find out which one i like more.
Your guide answered every question i might have had along the way preemptively, thank you very much!
"
Unfortunately, my answer for you will be disappointing.

Trust me, it really wasn´t :)
I was reading through your guide carefully and I saw all those tips already though. Getting an early tabula is what I was planning anyway. But really, don´t worry. I can just repeat myself: it is a well-written guide and I believe from what I saw in the pob a well-designed build too and it is definately not your job to cater to everybody´s special needs. I thought it can´t hurt to ask for tips, but then I will just figure something out myself.

"
I hit BA within 2 days and I stay there till I get a Tabula Rasa. I am always in maps before the weekend is out. I usually like to play with Arc Totems (available at level 12) as they are fast and kill everything without me having to put that much effort into it. 4L will get you through the 10 acts. The best part is you can just toss the totem(s) and never stop unless you really want to kill something. You can have 2 totems by level 17ish and 3 once you complete the first trial (Act 3).

I also do not make the change to EH till I have some of the needed gear (Jewels / Quill Rain). You can 6l EH at the start of maps till you get a Frostferno.

EDIT: It takes me on average 6 hours to hit BA and get my Tabula Rasa.

Yeah, I was thinking about something like arc totems as well, good to know that they work :) I´ll test that further and will let you guys know if I start with this build and what time I manage to get to maps on the training-rounds. Maybe I can even help out with another subsection on the "most fast" variant to get this to maps with as less respeccing as possible.
"
Vennto wrote:
Trust me, it really wasn´t :)
I was reading through your guide carefully and I saw all those tips already though. Getting an early tabula is what I was planning anyway. But really, don´t worry. I can just repeat myself: it is a well-written guide and I believe from what I saw in the pob a well-designed build too and it is definately not your job to cater to everybody´s special needs. I thought it can´t hurt to ask for tips, but then I will just figure something out myself.

Thank you, appreciate your understanding. :)

Btw I saw the leveling guide you did for Torstein, that's some amazing work there! *2 Thumbs Up!*

"
209617332 wrote:
I'm a casual player that tried out his first totem build in 3.12 (Dex stacking Siege Ballista), definitely going to try your build in 3.13 to find out which one i like more.
Your guide answered every question i might have had along the way preemptively, thank you very much!

I am happy to hear that the guide answered the questions you had for now, though feel free to just post in this thread if you have any questions anytime.

And thanks for considering to try out this build. I hope it serves you well! :)

Last edited by Vei on Jan 5, 2021, 9:09:06 AM
quick question, in the guide it says to 4L EH with EH-Btotem-ele dmg with atk-COMBUSTION while in your pob it has barrage instead.
I see that swapping combustion for barrage has a significant dps boost. is this just for bossing? or is that permanent?
Last edited by poe_shniggies on Jan 5, 2021, 10:27:15 AM
"
poe_shniggies wrote:
quick question, in the guide it says to 4L EH with EH-Btotem-ele dmg with atk-COMBUSTION while in your pob it has barrage instead.
I see that swapping combustion for barrage has a significant dps boost. is this just for bossing? or is that permanent?

So the POB with Barrage in the helm setup is the POB from 31. "OneShotKill" Edition and that setup is mainly for bossing since when Barrage is used as one of the support gem, it will removes the Arrow Spread, which makes it not ideal for mapping so this is a just a temporary swap.

And since you mentioned this, I have added a note at the bottom of "31.2 Possible Modifications" to indicate which modifications are "Permanent" and which are temporary ones we will use when bossing just to avoid confusion since the POB includes all 5 Modifications listed.

Hopefully that clear things up.

Last edited by Vei on Jan 5, 2021, 3:09:10 PM
Ok thank you. I must have grabbed the wrong POB then.
Appreciate the response!
"
poe_shniggies wrote:
Ok thank you. I must have grabbed the wrong POB then.
Appreciate the response!

You are most welcome! :)

Definitely looks like my starter for 3.13.
Thanks for well written guide!

One question - what about flame wall? Is it worth to use it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info