[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

1) (By random oneshots i mean something like Pyroblast, Slams of engame bosses, smth like that - not on normal mobs of coarse) The oneshots - i think it's probably my playstyle. I used to play facetank builds and that's not the way to play Holy Flicker =)
About AG... You probably right, but i dislike the idea of that skill so i wont use it. Just my personal preference. And it wouldnt save me anyway if i decide to tank e.g. Atziri's Vaal Flame anyway

2) Well actualy leveling holy relics from 32 to 33 lvl raise the damage of every nova from 710k to 790k. That 10% at this level is simply huge on bosses. It is not necessary by any means, but let's admit it - we are all here to become as strong as possible because it makes us happy =)
When i switched to Holy Flicker this league - i was able to complete t11-13 maps with 15c gear, so your picture stands true.

3) Im not saying Brine King isnt great - but Lunaris is a must-have. First of all - flicker strike can sometimes put us in a middle of a huge strong pack that we cant one-shot. Additional phys reduction is nice in addition to other layers. But most importantly - the chain projectile avoidance. All those harbinger bosses just love to chain stuff between you and your relics. Tried without it - very tough.

Again - im not saying that you NEED unwavering stance to complete the game and enjoy this build - it's just another thing you can add to become even more powerfull.
BTW just got a skin of the lords with it - so problem solved =)

4) Do you REALY need extra damage on trash mobs with corpse explosions? I feel like i have damage for days, so the best improvements are with extra toughness. I'd better have some extra 45% increase minion damage to kill bosses
But Null and Void has a really nice immune thingy. Maybe i should try it, you right.
ALso, yeah, removing corpses is great.
Im totaly agree with you about acts and early mapping though - rampage realy speeds up that a lot.

5) You misunderstood me a little about harvest. Currently im killing the whole plot with 2-3 ticks of novas - no problems here. The "problem" is is that sometimes the plot attacks and kills me first if i dont have my static strike already up. That's a rare and extreme case It's more like a small inconvinience, and it doesnt happen with cyclone since you dont need to target anything with it.

Last edited by Austerlic on Feb 13, 2022, 3:04:08 PM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

That base attack speed tho. Eugh!

Got upgraded from 1.55 to this today, never going back now.

By the way do you ever run -% block maps? They felt pretty rippy when I just got to red maps so I continue to reroll them. T16 corrupted maps keep me on my toes as it is. That -% block mod + no regen are the only things I'm skipping so that feels nice anyway. I guess monsters stealing frenzy charges is also annoying, but I just mostly flame dash + static through those maps.
Last edited by MrCinos on Feb 13, 2022, 7:59:11 PM
"
Austerlic wrote:
1) (By random oneshots i mean something like Pyroblast, Slams of engame bosses, smth like that - not on normal mobs of coarse) The oneshots - i think it's probably my playstyle. I used to play facetank builds and that's not the way to play Holy Flicker =)
About AG... You probably right, but i dislike the idea of that skill so i wont use it. Just my personal preference. And it wouldnt save me anyway if i decide to tank e.g. Atziri's Vaal Flame anyway

That is understandable. If that's the case I can highly reccomned you They of Tul, as those guys will give you 20% cance to not take damage when you would take damage. In fact those specters are stronger for facetanking bosses like Feared. That being said, the main reason why I run AG - is culling stirke. It is making the build very smooth and you want it 100% of the time, no matter the source.

And maybe take Combat Stamina instead of HP nodes. Just so you could reach anti crit mastery next to it. Crits were (and is) the bane of my existance.

"
Austerlic wrote:
3) Im not saying Brine King isnt great - but Lunaris is a must-have. First of all - flicker strike can sometimes put us in a middle of a huge strong pack that we cant one-shot. Additional phys reduction is nice in addition to other layers. But most importantly - the chain projectile avoidance. All those harbinger bosses just love to chain stuff between you and your relics. Tried without it - very tough.

Wierd to hear that, as chaning anything only feeds into ES regen cuz you block it all.
That being said, I will look into using other pantheon. Perhaps it can make the build feel better. After all, adapting to the game is what were are here for. Thanks for the idea!

"
Austerlic wrote:
4) Do you REALY need extra damage on trash mobs with corpse explosions? I feel like i have damage for days, so the best improvements are with extra toughness. I'd better have some extra 45% increase minion damage to kill bosses

Its not for damage per-say, its more for ugh...
Increased AOE I'd say. Like I said the blow up chain can reach very far from your regular nova range. They can blows shit up faster = faster map clearing. It can blow things up as it sapwns (looking at beyond). And of course it can blow things up before you can evern react to it. Thats a safety for you in PoE.

All and all, I see where you going with it, and its a matter of play style. I'd argue that people spend more minutes clearing the map, than killing map boss, so investing into more clear speed is valuable. But that is for people to decide.

"
Austerlic wrote:
5) You misunderstood me a little about harvest. Currently im killing the whole plot with 2-3 ticks of novas - no problems here. The "problem" is is that sometimes the plot attacks and kills me first if i dont have my static strike already up. That's a rare and extreme case It's more like a small inconvinience, and it doesnt happen with cyclone since you dont need to target anything with it.

And this right here... You are the second person who say thing like that this league. And I simply can't undesrtand how this situation occurs because this literally never happend to me.

The other person who had similar issues and got them fixed would be getting faster attacks speed weapon, not trying to hit enemies upfront, but instead staying away from the pack and use Ancetral Call ghostie.
And surprisingly, using Shiled Charge with Faster Attacks.
Maybe you should try it too. Perhaps you'll like that playstyle more. Don't need to flicker into a pack, can just charge next to it and it blows up.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Feb 13, 2022, 11:26:58 PM
"
MrCinos wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

That base attack speed tho. Eugh!

Got upgraded from 1.55 to this today, never going back now.

By the way do you ever run -% block maps? They felt pretty rippy when I just got to red maps so I continue to reroll them. T16 corrupted maps keep me on my toes as it is. That -% block mod + no regen are the only things I'm skipping so that feels nice anyway. I guess monsters stealing frenzy charges is also annoying, but I just mostly flame dash + static through those maps.

I usualy avoid them. But if I must do them to progress atlas or get some guardian fragment I do them anyway. The less block itself is not that big of a deal. The problem starts if it also rolls something like 'enemies deal extra as element' and such.

And that's a damn fine weapon! I'd keep that one to the end of the league honestly.

That being said there is another reason to go for 4 second cooldwon on trigger - your ascendancy. It gives you and relics more AOE every time you use bone offering(minion skill). Its not that important but feels nice to have 100% uptime.
And you all should buy

at this point. Its cheap and it provides instane layer of protection in maps.
The one thing we can agree on no matter what - this build doesnt need much to clear all the content. All those things we are talking about - is just QoL and min-maxing.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:

That is understandable. If that's the case I can highly reccomned you They of Tul, as those guys will give you 20% cance to not take damage when you would take damage. In fact those specters are stronger for facetanking bosses like Feared. That being said, the main reason why I run AG - is culling stirke. It is making the build very smooth and you want it 100% of the time, no matter the source.

They of Tul! You are totally right. Dunno why i didnt think of them. Will sure do.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:

And this right here... You are the second person who say thing like that this league. And I simply can't undesrtand how this situation occurs because this literally never happend to me.

As a guardian i opened those plots while standing in the middle of them with my cyclone spinning. They spawn - they instantly get hit - they die.

As a Necro i stand right next to it. If there are some AS modifiers i sometimes cant time my attack perfectly to hit the mobs as they stop being invulnurable. If i do - they instantly die. If i think i cant do that i just keep moving around the plot until it spawn and dodge the first barrage of skillshots from it.

It's not a PROBLEM, just a small inconvinience, as i dont like to start fights like that =)

"
Fire_Archer wrote:

And you all should buy

at this point. Its cheap and it provides instane layer of protection in maps.

Hmm, maybe you right. Yeah, i'll try that. Seems nice.

Returning to asenath gloves. It curses enemies with temp chains on hit. Why is this ever a good thing if you have Punishment\vulnurability already? Even with +1 curse - u have both of those and you dont want to rewrite any of them to TempChains.

Currently i decided to try alternate-quality static strike with reduced AoE and 47% increased tick-rate. Also switched yesterday to a lot of other alternate q gems such as divergent Bone Offering. Extra 4% block lets me to free some points in the tree.

My next big project would be Ashes of the Stars with +1 Curses and then a Warlord\Redeemer (Or delve with minion damage with a vulnurability slam from warlord) ring. Should give me around 20% damage at a cost of a small truck...

craft this abd boy :)
Speaking of fun items, this one is my recent favourite among the equipment I've acquired:

Still need to get gloves for the 2nd curse. Although I'll miss Rampage from Null and Void gloves - especially since I'm running Abyss scarabs/nodes, the explosions are neverending and are fun to see.

---

Also can someone recommend something other than spectres to use in the helm? I hate using them more and more as I play, lol. I'll get to AG eventually, but need budget for other things first or at least the gloves.

And another question, do I need to use Granite flask if I'm capping 50% phys reduction due to Imblanace Guard from Skin of the Lord as it is? Or it's still worth because of all the possible -armor debuffs that some bosses can have?
Last edited by MrCinos on Feb 15, 2022, 3:57:45 PM
would swapping controled destruction for level 4 enhance be good? with chest peice it gives a large amount of qaulity to divergent holy relic.
Last edited by Tiny_Ickle_Tato on Feb 15, 2022, 5:03:35 PM
"
would swapping controled destruction for level 4 enhance be good? with chest peice it gives a large amount of qaulity to divergent holy relic.

Not realy. Only if you somehow can match the increasing cd of relic's nova - that might be tough.

Also keep in mind the breakpoints of nova cd due to server tick rate. I explained them earlier in this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info