[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

Well I think its time to make a info post, share the progress and things I'm looking to explore/add to the build as well as her out from other Holy relic gamers.

Spoiler
So some upgrades has been made here and there, but nothing beyond the guide. Just your regular +level to relics, some extra flasks, AG gear and what not.

There are still lots of upgrades can be done, like better gems, anoint, and rare items.

In terms of game progress - all atlas unlocked, all boses are done, the only thing that is left to do is The Feared. And maybe Simulacrum 30

Current gear

What I'm tinkering with.
Spoiler

There are couple things in fact.

1) Blessings.
Spoiler
Blessings are interesting because they can potentially add a free aura to the build at cost of 2 or 3 gem slots.
That's a high price for something like that, and there are very limited options for auras you can fit in.

So far I'm thinking to replace the golem. Golem is nice, and he gives 10% MORE damage with 6% Phys damage reduction for 2 slots.

Perhaps swapping him for Eternal Blessing + Pride and fitting in Flesh and Stone could be doable. But it also puts some pressure on a gloves swap setup, so I'm not fairly certain yet.

2) Recoup
Spoiler
Recoup is an interesting one. Since we use a bunch of ES and a fair bit of Ward with a guard skill, every time we take damage that gets absorbed by any of that, we start healing it back up.

So when the time comes for enemy to damage our life pool, the regen gonna be insane.

That being said, there are no particularly easy ways to get recoup, and I haven't figured out how to fit it in.

Currently using Intuitive Leap in upper part of the tree. It feels good, but not too good to justify it fully.

3) Ring Socket - Taunt Totem/Reckoning/Vaal Discipline
Spoiler
Kinda split between those 3 as utiliy skills of choice.

Taunt totem is great all around. Its good for bossing, its okay for mapping. Every time you press it, is like creating a safety bubble in that zone, making all enemies deal less damage and not focus you too much.

Reckoning is great for mapping in the moments when you are stuck/stunned out of your attack in a tight pack of enemies. But useless for bossing.

Vaal Discipline. Its... an odd one.
On paper, it should be insanely powerful. If something manages to break your shield, you can press the panic button and instantly heal shield back up, while also absorbing lots of damage.
You can even pop it before you jump into a hard fight.
On practice... ehhh... I recommend you to try it out yourself.

Videos!
Oh yeah, time to make some recordings of how things go and add them to the guide!

And now to the fun part.

Attention all gamers

If you want to help the guide out, share your thought on whats need to be improved. No what problems you encountered when first tried out this build and what I can maybe add to improve it for fresh souls.

Of course I already have some understanding what is lacking based on our first week conversations, but it would be nice you hear you out again.

Additionally, if someone wants to contribute video of their perfomance with the build, I'd gladly review and possibly add it to the video list. Because my own recordings may or may not be not the best quality currently.
One thing this guide needs is a very in-depth description of the interaction between the relic-cooldown and how to fit your own attackspeed / static strike to it. When I started this build I got the information out of multiple posts in the guide of moussolini, and had to go there and browse through the pages multiple times. It would be very helpful for new players as well as people who just want to have another read upon it if those informations were all in one place.

Also some screenshots from PoB where to read those numbers can help newbies quite a lot. I got it down now, but it took quite an effort. Which is fine, dont get me wrong - people need to earn their shit :D But I feel since this can potentially cost u up to 45% of your damage this would help quite a lot :)

Also, I just got my Divergent Holy Relic on 21 and the smoothness now as well as the dps-boost is so insane, it feels like it attacks twice as much.
Hi,
thank you for your build share.

may i ask to you to share a picture of character Atlas Passive Tree please,
because i can't understand where start and even go through cause i m noob.

bye :)
I've been living and breathing PoE all because of this build. Can't find time to do anything else as my mind is always occupied by the next upgrade I want to do for the character. Whatever else build I will play next league will have a huge benchmark now.

Got to lvl 93, going for all the bosses now that I got both Empower 4 and lvl 21 Divergent Holy Relic. Though I definitely need to upgrade my defenses a bit as my 2 jewels, belt, boots, rings were all bought on a budget long time ago for ~20c or less. Spending all my currency on offense, lol

Also had no idea you lose the items when AG dies, so lost ~1 ex on that. Waiting to become tankier to get him equipped once again so back to spectres.

@ Fire Archer or someone else who can answer

Is there much of a difference between trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill for 4 or 8 seconds on the weapon? Because I'd think 4 is better to have that Frost Bomb going all the time or am I wrong?

Also, in order to apply Temporal Chains from Asenath and still able to use Punishment curse, I will need to get a +1 from an item somewhere?
Last edited by MrCinos on Feb 13, 2022, 7:48:45 AM
"
MrCinos wrote:
I've been living and breathing PoE all because of this build. Can't find time to do anything else as my mind is always occupied by the next upgrade I want to do for the character. Whatever else build I will play next league will have a huge benchmark now.

Got to lvl 93, going for all the bosses now that I got both Empower 4 and lvl 21 Divergent Holy Relic. Though I definitely need to upgrade my defenses a bit as my 2 jewels, belt, boots, rings were all bought on a budget long time ago for ~20c or less. Spending all my currency on offense, lol

Also had no idea you lose the items when AG dies, so lost ~1 ex on that. Waiting to become tankier to get him equipped once again so back to spectres.

@ Fire Archer or someone else who can answer

Is there much of a difference between trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill for 4 or 8 seconds on the weapon? Because I'd think 4 is better to have that Frost Bomb going all the time or am I wrong?

Also, in order to apply Temporal Chains from Asenath and still able to use Punishment curse, I will need to get a +1 from an item somewhere?

There is not much difference for trigger unless you are using jewels/tree passives with '% minions damage after using minion skill'

Effect of frost bomb lingers for a long time after it blows up.

You get +1 curse from amulet corruption to have temp chains+punishment/vulnerability+punishment (for boss killing gloves)

As for AG check main post. I posted my AG setup in current gear. It will help you to keep him alive. All you need is good resist rares, pelt and those gloves.
"
shun71 wrote:
Hi,
thank you for your build share.

may i ask to you to share a picture of character Atlas Passive Tree please,
because i can't understand where start and even go through cause i m noob.

bye :)

This is not altas guide, and more so my current altas wont help you because its end game focused.

If you wanna start just pick everything map drop related so you can unlock more points faster. Then work it out from there.

I just have to share this one.
Maybe will slam the last suffix later when i decide what i want there
"
Austerlic wrote:

That base attack speed tho. Eugh!

I'm more impressed that I managed to turn one of the Guardians on Necro side. A good oportunity to ask - How does it feel compared to Guardian version. I never had nerve to push Guadian to the far end.

Also I REALLY encourage you to try out with Rampage/Asenath gloves. That's like... half of the build flavour.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
Austerlic wrote:

That base attack speed tho. Eugh!

I'm more impressed that I managed to turn one of the Guardians on Necro side. A good oportunity to ask - How does it feel compared to Guardian version. I never had nerve to push Guadian to the far end.

Also I REALLY encourage you to try out with Rampage/Asenath gloves. That's like... half of the build flavour.

Well... It feels wild and hectic =) Totaly love it.
Got realy sick of playing the same slow-paced relic stuff from league to league, and your intro picture instantly conquered my heart <3

+ Much more damage (Have around 8kk total without vulnurabilty rn against my 4kk with guardian at best), much better clear and boss-killing potential.
+ Easy to follow Syrus or Maven alike blinks with flicker strike, very versatile and mobile on bosses.
+ Amazing clear in high-end fully packed maps.
+ Nicer sustain against a lot of small hits due to es regen.
+ Actually possible to match 0.231 nova cd with combination of flicker+static on bosses. U dont need to painfully calculate your cyclone as.

- Very vulnurable to ocasional one-shots. Had to remind myself constantly that i dont have that Xibaqua notable and 9k flat hp with insane armor.
- Much more expensive to get to top-end and min-max. The base for scepter is extremly hard to get. Although the new amulet and Geofri Crest helps a lot.
- Hard to start-off some mechanics like harvest or fat expedition with static strike and flicker can be just suicidal. Cyclone feels a bit safer.
- Desperatly needs Unwavering Stance. Like 80% of my deaths are to random stunlocks. And picking Brine King pantheon just feels wrong. The right Skin of the lords can fix the problem, but there are none at the market rn.

I tried rampage\asenath gloves and i just didnt get it. Felt underperfoming against straight defensive gloves (With potential to make elevated redeemers minion damage). Can u explain me the point besides heal on rampage?
"
Austerlic wrote:
Well... It feels wild and hectic =) Totaly love it.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Finally something to work with! It will help me to outline the build strong and weak sides better in the guide.

However, it is... very much surprising to me to read some of those things.
Lets start with...

"
Austerlic wrote:
Very vulnurable to ocasional one-shots. Had to remind myself constantly that i dont have that Xibaqua notable and 9k flat hp with insane armor.

This right here is why I use AG. You shouldn't die to random oneshots with 5k hp and 2k ES.
Fortify + Anti crit aura will take care of it. And he will also taunt of Meat Shield, so that's 10% less damage for you.

"
Austerlic wrote:
Much more expensive to get to top-end and min-max. The base for scepter is extremely hard to get.

But much like prismatic skin - you don't even need it. That +1 level that worth a fortune, will only give you like 5-7% more damage. (I even reflected it in that picture). But I understand desire to minmax.

"
Austerlic wrote:
Desperatly needs Unwavering Stance. Like 80% of my deaths are to random stunlocks. And picking Brine King pantheon just feels wrong.

Not sure what is wrong about it? Its free Freeze immunity, Chill immunity (if combined with tree passives) and faster stun recovery.
Please elaborate why is it wrong and what would you take instead of it that would be useful.

And finally Rampage/Asenath.
"
Austerlic wrote:
Can u explain me the point besides heal on rampage?

Basically both Rampage effect and Asenath explosion damage scales of your minion damage because of Spiritual Aid.
The moment rampage procs when your relic kills some trash mobs, or when Asenath explodes some enemies a chain reaction starts.

You can get rampage of rampage, and explosions of explosion.

Why is it valuable? Well for starters, rampage early on will absolutely speed you up. You be zooming out of your mind both in acts and early mapping.

It deals massive damage. Easpecialy early on, rampage effect can blow things up like your low level relics could not.

Then it will heal/make you phys immune. Remeber that massive armor? Well you can have 100% phys reduction from Null and Void. Just keep killing things with flicker.

Oh yeah. That part.
"
Austerlic wrote:
Hard to start-off some mechanics like harvest or fat expedition with static strike and flicker can be just suicidal.

Rampage/Asenath is the solution to that.
I start harvest. I kill the weakest enemy from the pack. Everything blows up.
Or in case of rampage - everything is stunned for a while (ramapge first proc stuns). Most of the time - till its safely dead.
And even if not, and some really fat rares survive it, there will be no adds and taunt totem seals the deal.

Both of the gloves also remove corpses, making you somewhat safe from detonate dead mechanics.

An, of course, it feels nice to blow up enemies offscreen.

I can't stress enough how much safer those make me feel. Specifically in harvest/delirium encounters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info