[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Hey guys build update to let you know how much you can scale this build...

So far this build is able to
one phase the heart of the grove
uber elder
uber atziri (i had to use yugul panth and sibyl but lost almost no dmg)
all maven invitations including the feared

i spent around 300 - 350 ex (all my gear was selfcrafted) so far... its a pretty fun build... you get one shotted once in a while if not careful but other than that pretty solid.

this is my pob to the people thats interested.

https://pastebin.com/QLj3JN5i

Ty for the guide
Playing as a Champ as it's cheaper to gear (no accuracy rating to worry about!), I think I put like 30 ex in total? (Bottle faith, watcher's eyes are half the cost, but worth it)

Nothing fancy but bossing damage is so good. And the champ is tanky enough to tank some hits from bosses (I'm not good as bossing so taking hits is expected). Killing all contents, deathless about 90% (all expect Maven, I died 2 times to memory games, not the build's fault). I mean bosses die so fast that phases don't even matter lol.

Really consider to make another one (next time as a berserker) next league. TY for the guide. It's a really fun and flexible build.
This is the build that carried me across the line to my first ever 36/40 and unlocked the ritualist hideout for me earlier this week.

So much fun to level and play.

I'd been farming with a bane pathfinder all the way to 35/40, but needed a bosser to handle maven because I'm poor at mechanics. My pathfinder died twice in the last phase because I couldn't dodge the blue beams long enough. But the berzerker came in... and wiped out Maven in maybe 15s.

However, I only have 6M dps in POB at level 97 and I'm not sure how to push the build to the next level.

I've already got a +1 warriors abyssus (purchased before they shot up to 45ex) and the pride/precision watcher's eye. Ryslatha's Coil would give me 17.9% more damage. Adding critical strike to my diamond flask would give me 6% more, but I've seen people push 15M+. I've played around in POB copying gear from the guide build, but I don't see any big gaps I'm missing. Do I just need to incrementally upgrade all my equipment with better damages mods?

If anyone wants to comment on my gear or character, it would be much appreciated.
Spoiler

Last edited by GERWARIC on Mar 3, 2021, 8:20:34 PM
"
GERWARIC wrote:
This is the build that carried me across the line to my first ever 36/40 and unlocked the ritualist hideout for me earlier this week.

I'd been farming with a bane pathfinder all the way to 35/40, but needed a bosser to handle maven because I'm poor at mechanics. My pathfinder died twice in the last phase because I couldn't dodge the blue beams long enough. But the berzerker came in... and wiped out Maven in maybe 15s.

However, I only have 6M dps in POB at level 97 and I'm not sure how to push the build to the next level.

I've already got a +1 warriors abyssus (purchased before they shot up to 45ex) and the pride/precision watcher's eye. Ryslatha's Coil would give me 17.9% more damage. Adding critical strike to my diamond flask would give me 6% more, but I've seen people push 15M+. I've played around in POB copying gear from the guide build, but I don't see any big gaps I'm missing. Do I just need to incrementally upgrade all my equipment with better damages mods?

If anyone wants to comment on my gear or character, it would be much appreciated.
Spoiler

Don't you have already enough damage? :D.

Bottle faith is a must I think for boosting DPS. I'm using double curse (vul, assassin's mark) in 2 rings with additional curse chest for more DPS. Your chest also has only T2 crit, get more I think. Tailwind boot is also a boost.

But if you are using both Abyssus and Rys belt you'll have trouble balance your res. A good helmet with nearby enemies takes increased physical damage is better than Abyssus imo.
"

Is there such a thing as too much damage? :)

But seriously, thank you for the suggestions. Switching to a rare helmet would make fitting in Ryslatha's easier. Adding a bottle faith is simple enough, and I've been ignoring Harvest all league, but can start farming to craft a better chest with double curse and better crit.
"
GERWARIC wrote:
"

Is there such a thing as too much damage? :)

But seriously, thank you for the suggestions. Switching to a rare helmet would make fitting in Ryslatha's easier. Adding a bottle faith is simple enough, and I've been ignoring Harvest all league, but can start farming to craft a better chest with double curse and better crit.

Honestly if you going for pure damage, Abyssus is better than Ryslatha. So instead of going Rysthala, stay with Abyssus (you got the echant one!), get a really good stygian!
what's a good budget for this build?

i have around 150 ex available, is that enough?
"
Honestly if you going for pure damage, Abyssus is better than Ryslatha. So instead of going Rysthala, stay with Abyssus (you got the echant one!), get a really good stygian!

It was shear luck that I picked up this build way back (two weeks ago?) when the enchanted abyssus was still maybe 15ex.

I should be able to harvest craft a really nice stygian while I'm farming the endgame grinds, and I'd like to finish pushing this guy from 97 to 100 because pob says I can get another 14% dps just by finally speccing into Dismembering. (Right now I've taken Gladiator's Perserveance for the life leech).
Last edited by GERWARIC on Mar 5, 2021, 1:38:12 AM
"
GERWARIC wrote:

Spoiler

Wow I am also bored of my bane pf, and am considering this build too. Could you share some experience and perhaps budget advice? I have less than 50 ex and not sure that's enough to phase Maven easily?
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Wow I am also bored of my bane pf, and am considering this build too. Could you share some experience and perhaps budget advice? I have less than 50 ex and not sure that's enough to phase Maven easily?

This build does do pretty insane damage even at low gear. IMO phasing maven instantly isn't required, but you can certainly get to the point where she gets 1-2 abilities off.
I killed her by basically sacrificing a life to each memory phase.

Things I've learned:

-Explodey Chest helps if you have it for some other reason, but since it only triggers if you kill something with cyclone, it's hardly necessary (I was ground slam before)

-Fortify Boots are nice, but if you've got a good pair already and just want to try this out, fortify in the links is fine.

-Cluster Jewels are important, but they're not too expensive. Furious Assault/Iron Breaker/Master the Fundamentals is ~80c, Kitava's Teachings is like 2c, and Some combination of Unwavering Focus/Precise Focus/Mob Mentality/Warning Call/Lead by Example wasn't too bad for me either.

-The rest is just Generic Rares which you can upgrade over time if you feel like this is for you. Diedbellow is a great budget helm, for eg.

You can make a shopping list with everything you need and price it out, but my gut tells me you'll be fine unless "less than 50 ex" means like 2 :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info