[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Loving this build so far, but HATING hearing the warcry every 5 seconds. Wish I could turn that audio off. Just play this guy with no sound at all I guess. He smashes bosses!

9/10 - would map again!

/cheers
Sorry for the late reply, but I'm a PS4 player and I'm having difficulty using the warcry whilst channelling cyclone. I've been trying to hold down the warcry first and keeping it held whilst I channel cyclone, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Could it be really down to me not having the shield yet as this creates infinite power?
hi,

so far it works well, a little squishy without the cluster

my question: what boosts the mirages besides the gems and gems level? does the '+physical damage to attacks' boosts them for exemple
my goal is to make a boss killer only, no mapping (besides the one needed to reach the guardians for exemple), so what would i need to change

TY
WOW!
Sky is the limit with this build and it is starter viable easily.

Running t16 maps with trash tier equipment at level 87. Bosses take a bit due to lack of cluster jewels/paradoxica/flasks/abyssus etc. Damage is lower but using some workarounds on stuff like the fortify boots and such worked better than expected. Not rippy at all. Comfy as heck other than the rare one shot. Chaos damage is a problem but fixable atm. Figure the cost of the equipment I am running at around 20-40c max.

Protip: The mirages will apply on hit curses from items. Enfeeble on hit helps with survivability a lot.

3rd day. Level 89. 3 elder guardians down. Minotaur left but I doubt the build can do him. Eradicator took 3 tries but I am really a bad player though... Delving in tier 83 areas is comfy. Closest to death was a tier 83 harbinger delve encounter. Everything else is pretty comfy to depth 200. Far enough to test the trash equipment build for now. Definitely can get far enough to build currency quickly in a new league for the end of game equipment for this build. I may run some juiced maps with 20% Delirium at say t14 to see if it is doable.

With level 19 blade flurry (it's a league start sim) tier 14 OPEN maps are doable on 60% delirium with breach scarabs and such. The unique delirium bosses are a pita and you have to watch for them very carefully. 60% on t14 is sort of profitable in the long run and it takes about 20 minutes to run and loot the map. Definitely time to get a lions roar flask and a better cluster jewel. Currently between block/dodge/evade/elusive you can run thru delirium packs for a bit (not smart someone will eventually smack/stun your butt) so its safer to buzz the really big packs outer edges and try to watch for the unique spawns. Ran 4 beach maps at 60% delirium juiced and beyond 2 exalted orbs there's about 4 exalts in lower currency/fossils/cards etc.

Last edited by ZRzAJBlvNx on Apr 2, 2021, 1:04:23 AM
"
WOW!

Running t16 maps with trash tier equipment at level 87. Bosses take a bit due to lack of cluster jewels/paradoxica/flasks/abyssus etc. Damage is lower but using some workarounds on stuff like the fortify boots and such worked better than expected. Not rippy at all. Comfy as heck other than the rare one shot. Chaos damage is a problem but fixable atm. Figure the cost of the equipment I am running at around 20-40c max.

Protip: The mirages will apply on hit curses from items. Enfeeble on hit helps with survivability a lot.

3rd day. Level 89. 3 elder guardians down. Minotaur left but I doubt the build can do him. Eradicator took 3 tries but I am really a bad player though... Delving in tier 83 areas is comfy. Closest to death was a tier 83 harbinger delve encounter. Everything else is pretty comfy to depth 200. Far enough to test the trash equipment build for now. Definitely can get far enough to build currency quickly in a new league for the end of game equipment for this build. I may run some juiced maps with 20% Delirium at say t14 to see if it is doable.

With level 19 blade flurry (it's a league start sim) tier 14 OPEN maps are doable on 60% delirium with breach scarabs and such. The unique delirium bosses are a pita and you have to watch for them very carefully. 60% on t14 is sort of profitable in the long run and it takes about 20 minutes to run and loot the map. Definitely time to get a lions roar flask and a better cluster jewel. Currently between block/dodge/evade/elusive you can run thru delirium packs for a bit (not smart someone will eventually smack/stun your butt) so its safer to buzz the really big packs outer edges and try to watch for the unique spawns. Ran 4 beach maps at 60% delirium juiced and beyond 2 exalted orbs there's about 4 exalts in lower currency/fossils/cards etc.

Glad to hear! This was one of the best builds I played this league and I'm strongly considering it as a starter if it doesn't get nerfed.

If you have any POBs with what you did progression-wise I'd love to see to brainstorm a bit.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
WOW!

Glad to hear! This was one of the best builds I played this league and I'm strongly considering it as a starter if it doesn't get nerfed.

If you have any POBs with what you did progression-wise I'd love to see to brainstorm a bit.

Current pob fork https://pastebin.com/Vyz7UuzU
Watchers eye and warcry gem were recent add ons. To level I just grabbed life then whatever damage on the way to warcy cooldowns. Varunastra can use any 1 handed damage node. Used all the respec points you get along the way plus about 20 regrets. Biggest damage boost was the charge generation from the cluster jewel. Starting with corpsewalkers,redblade, varunastra, hryi's then whatever to finish out resists. More survivable than the nuclear endgame edition but far cheaper. Has a hard ceiling tho. Elder is easily farmable as are his minions etc. Sirus is prolly a no go even for way better players as his chaos just wrecks this build with neg resists. To optimize this and get chaos res along with more health and maybe 2x the damage will cost roughly the same as buying paradoxica and the other stuff for the endgame boss killer build. Very smooth mapping. Huge life leech and a lot of mitigation. Elusive is nice for cyclone. Like too nice tbh at times. Can run any past league content ok or good. Even Catarina although you have to rely on your leech and watching her mechanics. Shaper and uber elder should be doable. t16 map below.

The reason I didn't throw on an abyssus is the difference is not noticeable enough in 40-60% juiced delirium maps while the survivability is really bad. Note in the video how many times it dips but the life leech and on hit fills it from 1/4th health. Same with deidbelle. If you dont have 6k+ life and aren't doing 3 million minimum per generals cry (pob only shows damage for 1) it's not enough to make the tradeoff worth it. Most bosses you just bully with lion's roar and berserker anyways while relying on leech to survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPj9tnT0WXc
Last edited by ZRzAJBlvNx on Apr 11, 2021, 11:37:01 PM
Tier 16 20% delirium with sextants scarabs and tormented spirits w/ twinned bosses map modifier. Difference between this and 100% is around 3 stacks of rewards give or take. After the twinned bosses nuked me the first time I ended video to loot before reentering. Took a few more deaths (4) to kill the tormented twinned bosses due to some random debuff overcoming my life leech and their high fire damage. For the cheap setup this is the limit without spending as much to upgrade as the 20x the damage nuke build so not worth it. Still can farm currency for endgame easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zBCUJn61Y
Looks like this build is getting hit from the balance manifesto.
livejamie
Which is trash tbh. The endgame paradoxica setup was super squishy and not game breaking (like the self poison builds). Shae because it was just adequate for some of the upper tier stuff without costing ten exalts or more which most casual players wont get for a long time.
GGG needs to refigure some things as people who dont devote 40 hours a week to playing get stuck on yellow maps while trying to buy the godly stuff they need to progress. Whichever build is the flavor of the week starter build quickly has pieces get super expensive. Redblade was never going to cost over 10c but I guess thats over now.

Back to 87 button playstyle starters that are crappy squishy but useful to farm endgame stuff for another build.
Nice build, played the last few days of ritual with and oh boy... what a blast !

It was going to be my league starter, but after the nerf i'm not sure about it anymore...

What you guys think ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info