[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

Hi there Noesy! Can you help me with a tree for a CI version of this build?

Do you think it will work ok? With max block, higher hp pool, es on block I feel like this would be more tankier.

Right now I'm using templar/jugg but I was thinking maybe there are better options than this?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

I craft this scepter, have 1 more free pref and dont know next step,-
-add caster for try take +1 light spell gem or gybrid spell damage+ mana (but can take fire\cold gan etc.)
-add light for light damage (but more chance to take +light to attack)
-craft cant roll attack mod and slam crusader for chance take penetrate light resist (but can take psy mod psy to light damage)
-leave this pref empty
Last edited by 6neji6 on Jan 31, 2021, 6:27:31 PM
Hey Noesy! I'm still rocking the assassin version but have been following along with the scion since I'm helping a buddy build his ascendant version. I also league started life-based assassin version so I had some thoughts/comments on that.

1. what do you think about vitality watcher's eye on 'budget' version? I found mark of the shaper + random elder ring (or elder vermillion ring for extra life) to be a huge DPS boost, and vitality watcher's eye is cheaper than crafting the shaper+elder ring.

2. speccing into block and life on block instead of necro ascendancy? Sanctuary, Arcane Guarding, and Mystic Bulwark aren't too far off your tree. You'd have to lose a cluster jewel but your DPS is still ridiculous, and could take scion assassin for QoL on crit, power charges, elusive. Again, maybe just for budget version, since chest is much cheaper to craft (can use basic 6L elder armor for +1.5 attack crit).

3. I finally tried dying sun and it's better than I expected - with all the multi boss fights this league it helps you DPS two at once more consistently. The inc AoE hits some breakpoints for me too.

4. I really like the pathfinder version, as flasks are huge for DPS.
"
6neji6 wrote:

-add caster for try take +1 light spell gem or gybrid spell damage+ mana (but can take fire\cold gan etc.)
-leave this pref empty

% lightning damage and % spell damage are in the same mod pool and cannot both roll on prefix.

Crafting 'cannot roll attack mods' and aug lightning will roll you +1 gems or lightning as extra chaos. Can remove chaos and aug lightning again until +1 gems - could get quite expensive though.
"
azamantes wrote:

Do you think it will work ok? With max block, higher hp pool, es on block I feel like this would be more tankier.

Right now I'm using templar/jugg but I was thinking maybe there are better options than this?

For CI you want to run discipline which makes you take more mana reduced nodes, reduced mana reservation helm enchant (zealotry or discipline), and you won't be able to fit in precision anymore even with those. You'd probably need a "hits can't be evaded" sceptre instead of running precision unless you have good accuracy rolls on your ring and helm.

Assassin + something else for your ascendancy might be worth it for easier access to CI/es nodes on top right of tree. You can check my pure assassin CI/block/es on block tree for inspiration: https://pastebin.com/HD2vFTzW

"
azamantes wrote:

I don't think CI is a good idea. There are a lot of reasons, but I'll show you some of them:
1) The Necro Ascendancy is OP. It gives you 27% chance to block attack and spell damage and 600 life gained on block. And you get 30% increased AoE, which boosts BL damage. I would definitely take Necro even if I go CI. But then the life gain on block is wasted. Remember that 10k ES character can only heal 500 ES on block with the shield mod "5% of ES gained on block".

2) The location of Glancing Blows is bad for CI builds. There are a lot of life nodes near it. Also, The travel nodes grant +10 strength and not +10 int, which means life builds are better users of this keystone.

3) We convert The Agnostic to Inner Conviction, but it is located very close to the Constitution Wheel. It makes more sense to stack life. If only EE is inside the radius of Militant Faith...

So, the conclusion is that I can't help you. I believe the life version is better.
"
efun wrote:
"
6neji6 wrote:

-leave this pref empty

% lightning damage and % spell damage are in the same mod pool and cannot both roll on prefix.

Crafting 'cannot roll attack mods' and aug lightning will roll you +1 gems or lightning as extra chaos. Can remove chaos and aug lightning again until +1 gems - could get quite expensive though.

This is the correct answer. Given that this sceptre is for the second breakpoint (7.56 aps), I wouldn't spend too much resource on it. I'd just do "aug lightning" and call it a day. Save your currency to buy/craft boots with CDR and an awakened CoC gem, and spend your resources to craft a sceptre for the third breakpoint.

Edit: Also, keep in mind that you can't use a crusader orb on a fractured item.
Last edited by N0esy on Jan 31, 2021, 9:31:03 PM
"
efun wrote:
Hey Noesy! I'm still rocking the assassin version but have been following along with the scion since I'm helping a buddy build his ascendant version. I also league started life-based assassin version so I had some thoughts/comments on that.

1. what do you think about vitality watcher's eye on 'budget' version? I found mark of the shaper + random elder ring (or elder vermillion ring for extra life) to be a huge DPS boost, and vitality watcher's eye is cheaper than crafting the shaper+elder ring.

2. speccing into block and life on block instead of necro ascendancy? Sanctuary, Arcane Guarding, and Mystic Bulwark aren't too far off your tree. You'd have to lose a cluster jewel but your DPS is still ridiculous, and could take scion assassin for QoL on crit, power charges, elusive. Again, maybe just for budget version, since chest is much cheaper to craft (can use basic 6L elder armor for +1.5 attack crit).

3. I finally tried dying sun and it's better than I expected - with all the multi boss fights this league it helps you DPS two at once more consistently. The inc AoE hits some breakpoints for me too.

4. I really like the pathfinder version, as flasks are huge for DPS.

1. Vitality WE + Mark of the Shaper is a good budget option. I didn't mention this because neither of them are readily available at the start of a league, which means that this option is not good for people who rush to the endgame in the first week.

2. As you can see in the "budget option" section, I already recommended Assassin as a budget option. Once you get the trigger craft and a large cluster jewel with stormrider, You should spec into Necro, even if you don't have a chest with increased offering effect.

3. Some people say it's an amazing flask, while others say it's completely useless. I don't know what to say...lol.

4. I agree, PF is really good.
Hi N0esy, all of your crit multi life jewels are incredibly good. Did you craft these yourself?
"
DoomLegion wrote:
Hi N0esy, all of your crit multi life jewels are incredibly good. Did you craft these yourself?

I bought 2 of them from other players. The rest was self-crafted. The crafting method is the following:

a) Buy a cobalt jewel with fractured "7% increased max life", and reroll it with "reforge with a crit mod, crit mods are more common".

b) Buy a cobalt jewel with "12-15% crit multi with elemental skills" and another crit multi mod or max life. Let's say, you bought a jewel with the following mods:

-"crit multi with elemental skills" (suffix)
-"increased maximum life" (prefix)
-"cold resistance" (suffix)

This jewel has an open prefix. Thus, the first step is to use "aug lightning" for "crit multi with lightning skills". If unsuccessful, use "remove/add lightning" until you succeed.

Then, use "remove cold" to remove the cold res mod, and use "aug caster" for crit multi for spells.

Remember that you need a lot of harvest crafts to make these jewels. I'm level 99 at the moment, and all I did in this league was to farm Harvest in haewaek hamlet.

If you are rich, it is a good idea to buy a cobalt jewel with 3 required mods instead of 2 to save Harvest crafts.

Last edited by N0esy on Feb 1, 2021, 2:56:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info