[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

Hey N0esy, do you have any idea how your assassin and scion CoC builds will fare in 3.16? (Assuming they keep the 120% mana multiplier nerf to CoC)

Do you know what you will play in 3.16?

Edit: A "brain=off", ad-hoc adaptation of the min-maxed PoB tree only yields -2.7% Total DPS and -5.4% life: https://pastebin.com/wYMRcsR7 . This is by no means an actual 3.16 build.

I'd say new tree is "okay-ish", but I have no idea about gear affix changes, cluster jewel changes, or how we keep up with 20% more mana cost for spells.
Last edited by Irfy84 on Oct 18, 2021, 5:38:45 PM
Hi N0esty, do you upd this build to 3.16 or make some other COC builds?
"
Irfy84 wrote:
Hey N0esy, do you have any idea how your assassin and scion CoC builds will fare in 3.16? (Assuming they keep the 120% mana multiplier nerf to CoC)

Do you know what you will play in 3.16?

Edit: A "brain=off", ad-hoc adaptation of the min-maxed PoB tree only yields -2.7% Total DPS and -5.4% life: https://pastebin.com/wYMRcsR7 . This is by no means an actual 3.16 build.

I'd say new tree is "okay-ish", but I have no idea about gear affix changes, cluster jewel changes, or how we keep up with 20% more mana cost for spells.

Let's focus on Scion CoC because I haven't done theorycrafting Assassin CoC yet.
I think the biggest problem in 3.16 is the nerf to bone offering. Now, you need to roll "recover 5% of life on block" on shield. This makes crafting a good shield a lot harder, plus you'll most likely give up "1% increased damage per 1% chance to block attack damage".
Also, it is unclear if the build can still use fortify after the change. If not, I don't think this build is worth playing anymore.
Mana will be fine with some investment in leech/flat mana cost reduction.

I'm going to play toxic rain necro unless I find a better build before league start.

"
6neji6 wrote:
Hi N0esty, do you upd this build to 3.16 or make some other COC builds?

I might play this build or a CoC eye of winter/FP bulid, which you can find on my youtube channel. Because these CoC builds are not league starters, I won't update the guide for a few weeks at least. There is a chance that I skip playing CoC entirely this league.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 19, 2021, 10:33:55 PM
The stupidest change in 3.17 is the blanket change to CoC to deal about 40% less damage, just because Ice Spear was buffed by more or less the same amount, to land CoC Occultist Ice Spear into the same ballpark as before. However, Ball Lightning wasn't buffed, so it's a net 40% less damage for us.

It seems that our beloved BL CoC build is deader than ever, sadge...
"
Irfy84 wrote:
The stupidest change in 3.17 is the blanket change to CoC to deal about 40% less damage, just because Ice Spear was buffed by more or less the same amount, to land CoC Occultist Ice Spear into the same ballpark as before. However, Ball Lightning wasn't buffed, so it's a net 40% less damage for us.

Am I missing something or I am just worse at math than I thought I am?

"
New: Effectiveness of Added Damage 60%
Old: Effectiveness of Added Damage 50%
New: Deals 32 to 617 Lightning Damage
Old: Deals 22 to 426 Lightning Damage

BL was actually buffed a bit. With the 10% less dmg from new CoC I still get a bit more raw dmg than the old numbers with old CoC.

However I am actually thinking about Inqui Mjölner Arc & Shock Nova CoC. Shock Nova numbers do look juciy
"
"
Irfy84 wrote:

Am I missing something or I am just worse at math than I thought I am?

"
New: Effectiveness of Added Damage 60%
Old: Effectiveness of Added Damage 50%
New: Deals 32 to 617 Lightning Damage
Old: Deals 22 to 426 Lightning Damage

BL was actually buffed a bit. With the 10% less dmg from new CoC I still get a bit more raw dmg than the old numbers with old CoC.

However I am actually thinking about Inqui Mjölner Arc & Shock Nova CoC. Shock Nova numbers do look juciy

I rescind my comment -- my frustration was fueled by the manifesto, where Ball Lightning was not mentioned.

Good that it was just oversight -- but most likely not good enough...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info