Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

Gief events with nice MTX rewards as compensation for the delay.
"
I personally appreciate the delay. The 3 month circle was always too short for me and I always enjoy the last two weeks or so of the league most. So I'm looking forward to play some endgame stuff during christmas vacation. :-)

Exactly the same for me.
"
Ringx wrote:
"
ShadrHasRisen wrote:
Half of the player are not gonna leave poe for cyberpunk, just make a fucking poll
It has nothing to do with 50%, 80% or even 90% of players not leaving to go play cyberpunk, borderlands, wow classic etc etc etc.

Its about streamers all abandoning poe to go play . Its not about you or me, our opinions don't matter. Streamers and whales and the 1% dictate whats going to happen, always have, and always will. If you don't like it, break the wheel and let you wallet do the talking. I have.

That's the truth and at least this time they admitted to it. Don't really like it but I can't fault them for using streamers as free PR. I do fault them for making the first 3-5 weeks of every fucking league a beta period and if you don't happen to discover and abuse some shitty mechanic you're boned compared to those that do but eh, why I mostly play STD and only buy packs once a year now, if that.

Still big kudo's for the straight talk.
without any pathos and over 25 years of gaming expierience in tons of genres and platforms I can say you are the most honest and player loving company I have ever seen.

Another companies would never tell people that they delay a release due to other games in competition of player awareness. That is awesome you go with your open heart out with your game and engagement.

People that do not value this just have no idea about the business world ;)

love you ggg
Please stop being so transparent and open with your playerbase, these people are too stupid to understand a company. There's a reason every company that has a somewhat big following behind it puts up a massive veil between them and their players. This approach worked well when we were a 30k playerbase game but not now, typical nz behaviour to see how long being the good guy will go
One more month of waiting at the door.
What a joke you guys are.
I can barely believe the drama.
And the drama queen. If things don't work for you
is not because of other games it's because of the quality
of your own game. Use your testing servers more to deliver
better quality.
"
IMBAGOLLE wrote:
without any pathos and over 25 years of gaming expierience in tons of genres and platforms I can say you are the most honest and player loving company I have ever seen.

Another companies would never tell people that they delay a release due to other games in competition of player awareness. That is awesome you go with your open heart out with your game and engagement.

People that do not value this just have no idea about the business world ;)

love you ggg

They don't give a shit about players. Wake up man.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Oct 30, 2020, 6:38:09 PM
Plenty of ragaholics will complain but this was a smart move 100%. Thank you for coming back to take the reins because god knows we need you!

PRAISE CHRIST WILSON!
Mobile games have better trading...
I only play PoE. but:

I don't mind if we get a month of something else. if i dislike whatever they replace a regular challenge league (during Dec) i has other hobbies/interests-photography with my DSLR camera, fishing/kayaking on my sea kayak, and making legos or painting my warhammers- which i have over 2 decades of backlog to catch up on....

failing that- i hear a PS4 will make it under my Xmas tree....so i have a few games i can play (i own over 70 PS games so i wont be worrying about what to do).

i'll be fine when you release the next challenge league either way. i'm going to wager those upset also have other things they can/could do and very few just own a toaster and play this game and that's it. i don't doubt some do. but most wont. most will have a plethora of stuff to keep them preoccupied with, and many will return (after claiming to ragequit) to the next expansion ready to play it.

so overall i am happy to A) possibly extend Heist a bit longer, or B) get a flashback that also drops a few free mysteryboxes into my account. i'll play regardless either way tho. thanks for letting us know in advance too. 11/10 great devs.

Hi GGG,

this was the most honest post i ever read from a dev! I love POE, but what hooks me the most is this kind of communication between community and devs ! Everbody who flames this post is just pissed and/or naive!
Last edited by danca on Oct 30, 2020, 7:10:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info