Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

Hope 3.13 and 3.14 come out on the right foot. The initial bugs this league had crushed my enjoyment until I decided to re-do my league start. Actually been enjoying heist.
Consider doing Intel-like "tick-tacks" with 2 months subcycles.

Deliver new content at "ticks", once every 4 months.

In 2 months just restart the same league/content, fixing most obvious broken stuff in economy and builds, doing minimum QoL/techdebt improvements, but introducing no big new content.
Last edited by soprof on Oct 30, 2020, 5:27:57 PM
"
Well of course people easily skip leagues. You do 4 of them each year. Do 3, developer them longer and test them properly so people can actually play and not be beta testers for a month link Heist, Betrayal etc.

Yes please! 4 months is more time for you guys to develop and also not having to rush, you get 1 month of trying to fix bugs after league launch, 2 months of development and then last month for marketing and polishing.
That way you can be sure bigger scope mechanics actually work, perform and are more fleshed out.
"
soprof wrote:
Consider doing Intel-like "tick-tacks" with 2 months subcycles.

Deliver new content at "ticks", once every 4 months.

In 2 months just restart the same league/content, fixing most obvious broken stuff in economy and builds, doing minimum QoL improvements, but introducing no big new content.

The economy is player driven so it can never be broken. It's simply the results of what players value
Half of the player are not gonna leave poe for cyberpunk, just make a fucking poll
That’s harsh. I’ve always felt cutting down from 4 to 3 releases a year would drastically improve the quality of the game, but that is essentially gutting revenue by 25%. I’d love to see some of the excess time out into QoL changes in your bucket list but too time demanding like an in-game search of the trade site. This would never be completed with only 1 month, especially when so many employees are gone, but you could developer the framework.

It will also be refreshing to see a core launch not happen right before employees take their leave. I understand December is globally a great time for a launch, but there are often heavy bugs that don’t get worked out until employees get back, and support quickly gets very, very backed up. I hope you take this as a start for a new cycle rather than try and cut 1-2 weeks out from future leagues until your “back on track.” If you can have your largest launch of the year mostly ready prior to employees taking leave and then go all out when they return, I think it will allow for a much smoother launch and hopefully greater customer satisfaction.
There are a lot of replies to this post that essentially amount to "I am going to be angry no matter what you say or do" before proceeding to try to justify that stance with nonsense about how the explanation is illegitimate or that somehow Chris is being insincere. I genuinely hope y'all over at GGG take those types of replies with a grain of salt. It is extremely annoying and disheartening to see how little interest and empathy some of the players of this game seem to have for the actual human beings on the dev side. Equally so, it's obnoxious to listen to people whining like entitled children that they can't have their cake and eat it, too.

In order for GGG to be able to keep bringing us the content we all enjoy (and to some degree, I think, rely on) they need to be able t sustain the business, their employees, and the quality of the content in a reasonable, viable, and humane manner.

Any one individual's interest in Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't amount to beans in terms of the overall amount of people who are likely to be playing it on its release date. It makes sense to step out of the way of that to avoid getting trampled, and to avoid putting undo pressure on GGG's team.

Additionally, if you want good leagues, that are well developed, with a team that is able to fix issues as they arise after the launch of the leagues, then you have to acknowledge the human needs of the people who CREATE those leagues.

I hope y'all over at GGG have an excellent holiday in December. Enjoy the sun, relax, don't worry about unpleasant people on the internet. I'm greatly looking forward to the new league next year. :)
"
Erexonvayne wrote:
"
Well of course people easily skip leagues. You do 4 of them each year. Do 3, developer them longer and test them properly so people can actually play and not be beta testers for a month link Heist, Betrayal etc.

Yes please! 4 months is more time for you guys to develop and also not having to rush, you get 1 month of trying to fix bugs after league launch, 2 months of development and then last month for marketing and polishing.
That way you can be sure bigger scope mechanics actually work, perform and are more fleshed out.

Said by 2 people who appear to not have supported the game at all. Dropping to 3 launches a year would cut 25% of GGG’s profit. That profit is the only thing that allows the game to move forward and allow you to be f2p.
I personally appreciate the delay. The 3 month circle was always too short for me and I always enjoy the last two weeks or so of the league most. So I'm looking forward to play some endgame stuff during christmas vacation. :-)
Last edited by Jack_ante_portas on Oct 30, 2020, 5:56:38 PM
"
ShadrHasRisen wrote:
Half of the player are not gonna leave poe for cyberpunk, just make a fucking poll
It has nothing to do with 50%, 80% or even 90% of players not leaving to go play cyberpunk, borderlands, wow classic etc etc etc.

Its about streamers all abandoning poe to go play . Its not about you or me, our opinions don't matter. Streamers and whales and the 1% dictate whats going to happen, always have, and always will. If you don't like it, break the wheel and let you wallet do the talking. I have.
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
Last edited by Ringx on Oct 30, 2020, 5:58:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info