[3.13] Saqawal's Tornado Assassin | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

Sorry if its been asked elsewhere (maybe add it to the FAQ?)

Why doesn't this build use Wind Dancer and / or Kintsugi?

It seems like 40% less damage taken combined with the dodge we get already would be a good fit?
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
"
Starlight85 wrote:
Sorry if its been asked elsewhere (maybe add it to the FAQ?)

Why doesn't this build use Wind Dancer and / or Kintsugi?

It seems like 40% less damage taken combined with the dodge we get already would be a good fit?


Short answer: its not reliable.

Long answer: Its not reliable.

jk, but basically, unsure if you've gotten into the build very much to notice, but since the build has a somewhat limited range, and the fact you are running THROUGH packs of mobs, you are generally gonna get hit somewhat often? 99% of the hits we take, do nearly nothing, or a little bit, both we just outheal via the watcher's eye jewel. BUT, because of this, it will disable the wind dancer/kintsugi effect for the 40% less damage, essentially making it worthless, yes, it does give some bonus evasion, but since were not very reliant on evasion, mainly dodge, its fairly minimal.

On the other hand, kintsugi vs a kaoms, there is the very obvious health difference there, so basically the toss up is, 40% less damage taken SOMETIMES(unpredictable, best vs bosses honestly), or always have like an additional 1200 hp., which is also like a 40% increase honestly.

When trying to min-max the build, i Did try wind dancer, kintsugi, and personally, i felt like i was dying more often, obviously its a little hard to perfectly quantify that, since every map/mobs is a bit different. I would just personally recommend staying away from that route just due to its unpredictability.

Edit: i dont think its a Bad choice, but, i definitely feel there are other options that work better.
Last edited by Supaspork on Mar 2, 2021, 11:34:17 PM
That makes sense. I guess the advantage of 40% dmg reduction vs 40% more HP is that you get 6 bonus sockets to play with. If you are taking that much dmg, a lvl 20 CWDT-steelskin set up is a nice bit of bonus HP.

Out of interest, i mocked up some different chests for eHP values. These are very basic (only phys hits from an average ilvl 84 monster), but it gives you an idea:


IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
Last edited by Starlight85 on Mar 3, 2021, 6:04:31 AM
"
Starlight85 wrote:
That makes sense. I guess the advantage of 40% dmg reduction vs 40% more HP is that you get 6 bonus sockets to play with. If you are taking that much dmg, a lvl 20 CWDT-steelskin set up is a nice bit of bonus HP.

Out of interest, i mocked up some different chests for eHP values. These are very basic (only phys hits from an average ilvl 84 monster), but it gives you an idea:




Nice chart you got there, honestly never considered daresso's

But yeah, pob numbers for mitigation EHP feels a little off to me vs actual gameplay, going off that chart, pretty sure a Fox's Fortune would be fairly high up in eHP as well

Only problem i see, is thats assuming an average hit of 1233, when we are really looking for those like, 6k+ hits, so the numbers might change a bit as the actual damage goes up, and since were primarily worried about Large hits vs smaller ones, i think that is why its saying kintsugi is so good, really hard to tell though D:
Hey man i just tested your build and when i play in groups everybody hates me and kicks me, i only just run trought maps, i melt bosses, my pc is suffering from the fps and i never enjoyed a build like this one :)

Truly i thought it was meme but is an absolute beast

this is my progress with it, idk if i can get further. besides my level im working on getting the -1.92+ saqawal parts and i got the awakened gems for bossing

https://pastebin.com/gHeUGS6q

On the other hand i have one question, how do you play with herald of purity?, i don't have the enough mana to reserve that aura, or do i need to sacrifice another aura? i have all auras except vitality and precision on level 20

Thanks :D

"
Orion5452 wrote:
Hey man i just tested your build and when i play in groups everybody hates me and kicks me, i only just run trought maps, i melt bosses, my pc is suffering from the fps and i never enjoyed a build like this one :)

Truly i thought it was meme but is an absolute beast

this is my progress with it, idk if i can get further. besides my level im working on getting the -1.92+ saqawal parts and i got the awakened gems for bossing

https://pastebin.com/gHeUGS6q

On the other hand i have one question, how do you play with herald of purity?, i don't have the enough mana to reserve that aura, or do i need to sacrifice another aura? i have all auras except vitality and precision on level 20

Thanks :D



Check your support gems, they raise the mana reserved
Hi, i'm level 85 atm with 4800 health, using kaoms (frenzy chests go for 20 exalted, that's kinda expensive) and all is working fine, aspect duration is 0.13 and not going to improve further, but i'm trying to understand one thing in the passive tree:

PoB tells me Method to the Madenss brings higher dps than going down to Swift Venoms, it's 4 points for both so i'm not going to spend more

Is attack speed affecting tornado dps or poison damage in any way? i'm actually at 2.40 casts per second, can you kindly give an explanation on your choice?

Thanks
"
shariv1982 wrote:
Hi, i'm level 85 atm with 4800 health, using kaoms (frenzy chests go for 20 exalted, that's kinda expensive) and all is working fine, aspect duration is 0.13 and not going to improve further, but i'm trying to understand one thing in the passive tree:

PoB tells me Method to the Madenss brings higher dps than going down to Swift Venoms, it's 4 points for both so i'm not going to spend more

Is attack speed affecting tornado dps or poison damage in any way? i'm actually at 2.40 casts per second, can you kindly give an explanation on your choice?

Thanks


So its honestly a tossup, the poisons deal dmg 5% faster, is pretty good, but itll lower the overall dmg the poison does over its duration, its basically trading off Long term dmg for short term.

On my PoB, with method to madness, i have
78,309 Poison Dps
1,110,569 Total Poison Damage Over its Duration(per stack)

With Swift Venoms
81,205 Poison Dps
1,101,568 Total Poison Damage Over its Duration(per stack)

Its honestly just a personal preference, either would work though and you probably wouldn't tell any difference either way lol
"
shariv1982 wrote:
"
Orion5452 wrote:
Hey man i just tested your build and when i play in groups everybody hates me and kicks me, i only just run trought maps, i melt bosses, my pc is suffering from the fps and i never enjoyed a build like this one :)

Truly i thought it was meme but is an absolute beast

this is my progress with it, idk if i can get further. besides my level im working on getting the -1.92+ saqawal parts and i got the awakened gems for bossing

https://pastebin.com/gHeUGS6q

On the other hand i have one question, how do you play with herald of purity?, i don't have the enough mana to reserve that aura, or do i need to sacrifice another aura? i have all auras except vitality and precision on level 20

Thanks :D



Check your support gems, they raise the mana reserved


This ^ You have support gems linked with your aura's.


Glad you are enjoying the build though! and yeah, the spiders MTX is big for group play :D
hello) i have same problem with mana. my gear by sockets are same with TS, but when i put 3lvl empower to staff, i cant use withering step (low mana). now i running without empower, but it very interesting for me, how i can use all)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info