[3.15] Saqawal's Twister Assassin | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

Leveling this build now and i would highly recommend using this guide instead of Poison BV at least for me it was amazingly smooth in comparison.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2956636
"
iceman33927 wrote:
Hi Supaspork,
I really like your guide - played a similar variation of Tornado Assassin a few weeks ago and it destroyed all content.
Then transitioned to a Chieftain version that I am currently min-maxing to the limit.

In your introduction you wrote that lowest possible duration for Aspect of the Avian is 0.12 seconds. I wanted to mention that you can actually reach 0.11 seconds which is a decent damage upgrade of around 9% more Tornado spawns by corrupting +2 Duration Gems on Boots so that the Less Duration gem can reach Level 23 and thus gives additional % of less duration:

For anyone enjoying the build and pushing it to the limit, this could be an interesting chase item to vaal or double-corrupt in Alva Temple.

Also some feedback on the Chieftain version (might write a guide for it later if people are interested): Can also do all content and do very good dps - small advantage I see against Assassin version is that the damage is instant and needs no ramp, that we can better scale Explodey Chests and that it benefits more from Headhunter Buffs.

Hi Sir, did you push through in writing a guide for it? Will it be okay to look at your POB sir? ^_^
Don't have time right now to write a full guide on the Chieftain version, but since some people have contacted me I can share some information here.

DISCLAIMER:
- This is not a tanky build, for bossing you need to be careful and know their mechanics. If you wanna do Maven, Sirus, Feared it can all be done but I would not recommend it for beginners
- This is my endgame version of the build, I started it more than 1 month into the league and already had a good amount of currency + most of the stuff was crafted/corrupted myself. I would strongly recommend a Headhunter + around 50ex of budget for the remaining gear to start out and then you can progress nicely on your own

Important: You will easily be able to achieve around 60-70% of my damage with around 10-20% of the budget. Shaper influence on Jewellery adds only minimal damage and the second influence is just for the looks. You don't need perfect -2 second rolls on gloves and boots either, that is only relevant if you want to push duration of Aspect to 0.11 seconds.

PoB (Community Fork): https://pastebin.com/rzaFTHgV

Chieftain version converts all physical damage to fire through Ascendancy (Ngamahu, Flame's Advance) and Avatar of Fire. We scale damage through Disintegrator (a lot of flat phys dmg to spells), same as Assassin version, and then we can scale mainly through going crit (crit chance/crit multiplier), fire penetration and double damage (Cluster Jewel Notables "Pressure Points" and "Force Multiplier").

Build is very smooth for mapping, similar to HoT Autobomber or Fire BV - I would say even more relaxed. You only need Dash and two of your flasks (Quicksilver and Silver for movement speed) and the weapon swap for gaining Rampage buff and portal gem.

For bossing, you can change Item set in PoB to "Bossing Setup" - I swap boots, amulet and a Wise Oak. On the Helmet I swap GMP and Efficacy for Slower Projectiles and Controlled Destruction.

Average hit per tornado should be 1.37 mio against Sirus. We have 9 Tornados per second and each will do damage around 3-5 times (depending on if you use MTX or not). So realistic Sirus dps is around 36-60 mio without the Ngamahu buff from Ascendancy. I rarely swap out of the Spider MTX and Sirus AW9 dies in around 2-3 seconds.

For the mapping setup, damage should never be an issue - I can weapon swap to Sinvictas Mettle, which will reduce my damage by around 80-90%, and still easily clear all mobs. Only difference is map bosses will survive for a few seconds.

Gear priority:
As requirements I would say
- Headhunter
- Explode Chest with decent life roll and power charge generation
- The mandatory uniques (Saqawals, Timetwist, Warped Timepiece) - Saqawals with -1.95 or better, Ring and Amu with perfect reduced Skill Effect Duration
- At least one set of Large Cluster, 2x Medium Crit Cluster, 2x decent Cobald Jewels with life/double crit mult
- Bottled Faith for bossing

From that point you can improve your gear slowly over time. Jewels will add the most damage - I bought good synthesized Cobald Jewels and rolled most of these myself through Harvest. Same for Chest, Elevated Spell Crit helps a lot to reach crit cap.

Next big improvement will be good Awakened gems, +1 Power Charge corruption on Helmet.

At that point, you will have at least 70% of my damage and any other upgrades will be much more difficult - shaper influence, perfect rolls on the saqawal pieces, chasing corruptions on unique jewels and gear, etc.

If anyone has more specific questions, let me know.

Also - if you want more tankiness, you could easily swap in a Rumis Concoction flask and go for block cap as well as fill out the Scion life wheel and other life nodes. Should be able to drop some damage and push the build instead to 6k life and block cap, but I have to say I die very rarely so am happy with my survivability.
Last edited by iceman33927 on Mar 16, 2021, 2:55:55 PM
@iceman33927: Have you also played the Assassin version? If yes, can you give a short comparison with the Chieftain version or are some videos of your current version available?
"
_Deadly_ wrote:
@iceman33927: Have you also played the Assassin version? If yes, can you give a short comparison with the Chieftain version or are some videos of your current version available?

I made a quick video with some footage from mapping and few bosses.
Just uploaded on YouTube, so for the HD version it might need a bit longer to be available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpCusVCv1U

I played Assassin version and would say it performs much better on a low to medium budget (<100ex).

Main points I like about Chieftain version:
- More satisfying explosions from Chest. We convert and scale the damage of the explosions, so they do much more than 5% of monster life and you will constantly have explosion chains.
- Better scaling of Headhunter because build benefits more from the buffs
- More possibilities to scale the damage and to min-max. So for high-end budget I would say the clear speed and damage outperforms Assassin.
"
iceman33927 wrote:
"
_Deadly_ wrote:

I made a quick video with some footage from mapping and few bosses.
Just uploaded on YouTube, so for the HD version it might need a bit longer to be available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpCusVCv1U

I played Assassin version and would say it performs much better on a low to medium budget (<100ex).

Main points I like about Chieftain version:
- More satisfying explosions from Chest. We convert and scale the damage of the explosions, so they do much more than 5% of monster life and you will constantly have explosion chains.
- Better scaling of Headhunter because build benefits more from the buffs
- More possibilities to scale the damage and to min-max. So for high-end budget I would say the clear speed and damage outperforms Assassin.

Thanks for the video and all your input/guidance on the chieftain version of it!

Yeah, it looks like it does perform slightly better with your gear and optimization, probably because it might min-max a bit better with chieftain, although its still only little things we can even do compared to other builds D: too many uniques!

But im Glad to see someone actually push the chieftain variant and all after trying the assassin version to see their opinion on a good actual comparison

Also, got slightly confused on this part

"I played Assassin version and would say it performs much better on a low to medium budget (<100ex)."

You saying assassin is better at lower budget, or chieftain? :o
Last edited by Supaspork on Mar 17, 2021, 10:09:49 PM
Hello, I do not have access to pob (console player) you could show me an image of what the passive tree looks like?
"
Samugamer5914 wrote:
Hello, I do not have access to pob (console player) you could show me an image of what the passive tree looks like?

Spoiler

Level 98 ^^^^

Level 72 vvvvv
Spoiler
"
Supaspork wrote:

"I played Assassin version and would say it performs much better on a low to medium budget (<100ex)."

I would say the Assassin version from you here is much better suited for low and medium budget than Chieftain - especially for newer players if they want to do bosses, because of poison ramping and fewer gear requirements.

For zooming maps with Headhunter, however, I prefer the Chieftain.

Also really curious about playing it on an Inquisitor - might do that in a few days once I played around more with PoB. Since you can grab Battlemage through the "Instruments of Virtue" ascendancy and then either pick a good phys bow and Signal Fire quiver for conversion/extra dmg or pick a Vulconus dagger and shield or strong dmg offhand.
Did you by chance do any brainstorming on Inquisitor so far?
Last edited by iceman33927 on Mar 18, 2021, 5:54:15 AM
"
iceman33927 wrote:
"
Supaspork wrote:

I would say the Assassin version from you here is much better suited for low and medium budget than Chieftain - especially for newer players if they want to do bosses, because of poison ramping and fewer gear requirements.

For zooming maps with Headhunter, however, I prefer the Chieftain.

Also really curious about playing it on an Inquisitor - might do that in a few days once I played around more with PoB. Since you can grab Battlemage through the "Instruments of Virtue" ascendancy and then either pick a good phys bow and Signal Fire quiver for conversion/extra dmg or pick a Vulconus dagger and shield or strong dmg offhand.
Did you by chance do any brainstorming on Inquisitor so far?

Yeah, i looked into it initially when i saw battlemage on the ascendency, just had a hard time actually making it comparable, feel like it might have more damage, but it will definitely be lacking in defense if you go the bow route, it would almost certainly have to be with a shield, but then you run into the issue of getting 100% fire conversion, just seems a little off regardless of which way you go unfortunately

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info