Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Incredibly slow load time?

i use laptop window7 and i stuck in loading screen like 5 minute Darn
"
DoukNukem wrote:
The long loading time is just a bug that will eventually get fixed.

This "bug" has been going on since Closed Beta.
It's working as intended because there's little GGG can do to fix this.
Or you'd think it'd be somewhat on their priority list.
"
Owtwem wrote:
"
DoukNukem wrote:
The long loading time is just a bug that will eventually get fixed.

This "bug" has been going on since Closed Beta.
It's working as intended because there's little GGG can do to fix this.
Or you'd think it'd be somewhat on their priority list.

Of course they can fix it, but zero fucks are given by the devs.
Well for one it's not a bug, every game loads the only reason you freak out about it here is because PoE does almost all of it at the start...loading between areas takes seconds on even a 7 year old HDD rather than 10 or more in other games.

Same deal with patching, people freak out about it because it takes ages allocating space then downloads the game...where as other games download the game then take ages allocating space and installing the patch.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 15, 2013, 5:38:08 AM
Try hitting Alt-Enter to put the game in Windowed Mode during the initial load.

For me, on Windows 7, this drastically improves the load time.

Once the load finishes, just hit Alt-Enter again to put it back in full screen and you're good to go. :)
"
Qraparta wrote:
Creating a RAM drive may help, but most likely will not. Also I had my PoE on 4 years old HDD low read/wrtie speed and installed to super fast SSD and no lower loading times. It's something to do with the game which makes it load up so slowly, not the HDD/SSD/RAM drive

when its the game, why is not everybody affected? when i compare myself with the twitch streamers its just frustrating. Race winning is impossible for me, so no fun in there. just get the low prices since high prices are unreachable when scraping 6-9 points each race..

but too the problem. ive read a lot now, most about ram and stuff, get it in priotity or something like that. i just want to know how them streamers make it work :S is it whoever spent most money has fastest loadtimes?? starting to look like it XD. sorry bit pessimistic of me .

Love poe community, hope something happens soon.
"
BossAlert wrote:
when its the game, why is not everybody affected? when i compare myself with the twitch streamers its just frustrating. Race winning is impossible for me, so no fun in there. just get the low prices since high prices are unreachable when scraping 6-9 points each race..

but too the problem. ive read a lot now, most about ram and stuff, get it in priotity or something like that. i just want to know how them streamers make it work :S is it whoever spent most money has fastest loadtimes?? starting to look like it XD. sorry bit pessimistic of me .

Love poe community, hope something happens soon.

The bottleneck in most cases is the speed of your HDD. The slow loads are while it is attempting to pull data from the Content.ggpk file on your hard drive. The slower the access time, the slower the load time.

Most streamers who are competitive have SSDs or RAMDisks to make loading faster. SSD and RAMDisk both provide near-instant access speeds because of the technology used. In the case of SSD, there is no mechanical "spinning" drive. The data is able to be accessed in constant time regardless of its location on the drive. This is because SSDs use a flash memory for storage. For more information, research how a mechanical HDD works and then how SSDs work and compare the differences. In the case of RAMDrives, it loads the contents of the PoE folder into a place in RAM (reducing total available RAM) so that when the game loads, it goes from RAM to RAM directly... which is a VERY fast transfer.

Running the GGPK Defragmenter should help lower your load times as well. The content.ggpk file gets pretty fragmented after multiple rounds of patching. Running that will not only unfragment it, decreasing load times, it will also make it a bit smaller decreasing load times further.
HAIL SATAN!
The reason it take a while to load is because pretty much all the game is loaded into memory and that use your hard drive to achieve that so like other suggested, get an SSD or use a RAM Drive and loadtime will be reduced by a tons.

There is an option that skip the loading process during startup: --nopreload but I can guaranteed that you won't like it, the game is gonna load his asset during gameplay instead so expect 1-5sec freezes while playing and don't be surprised if you die as a result of that.
Tech guy
My loading currently takes about a minute, freshly installed on an SSD. Before, on a slower hard drive, it used to vary wildly but usually be about 30-90 seconds, until I ran the pack defragmenter then it seemed to get more consistent at about 60 seconds.

It's only particularly annoying for me when I'm late to a race, but I would appreciate some ideas for reducing the loading time which do actually reduce it...

(btw, while the ssd didn't improve game load time, it drastically reduced instance load time)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info