Incredibly slow load time?

Oh my god people. Nobody cares if you're having the same problem. People come to these forums for a solution. Not a support group. Come on now guys
I upgraded the RAM in my laptop to 8GB and setup a 5.5GB RAM Drive using a freeware program from SoftPerfect caled 'Ram Disk'. Then copied PoE over to that RAM disk and updated the shortcuts.

Before, it would take about 90 seconds to load PoE. Now on RAM disk.... 15 seconds.

The loading between maps has sped up a lot too, I can follow my party around and can get into a map now before they've killed have the stuff while I was loading.

Now the downside of a RAM disk is that if my laptop reboots or looses power, the software has to re-create the disk and then upload the image file into memory before launching the game. it takes longer to do this than just waiting for the game to boot on the regular hard drive. Most of the time though i just put my laptop into sleep mode when not in use which does not disrupt the RAM drive. So i only have to deal with re-loading it if i reboot or do a shutdown.
Last edited by xTANKx on Feb 7, 2013, 1:48:34 AM
"
Lister1989 wrote:
Oh my god people. Nobody cares if you're having the same problem. People come to these forums for a solution. Not a support group. Come on now guys

Or you know maybe they're replying that they have the same issue because..

a) If a dev sees this they will no its widespread

b) If a fix is posted in the topic these people can also easily find it by looking through their past posts.

c) I don't see the words "Forum Mod" listed with your name. The only useless post in this whole thread is yours.

On Topic I have the same slow loading (before Login Screen) and I have 16GB Ram and a i5 3570K running at 4.2ghz so its not my system its definitely intended or an issue.
Last edited by Syxx6 on Mar 8, 2013, 6:20:18 PM
I find the up to half a minute startup times incredibly frustrating. Would love to see some improvement on this. I'm of the internet generation you can't expect me to wait up to 30 seconds for something to load! I'm just alf-f4ing out half of the times not even bothering booting up the game.
It's a windows 7 issue. I have this with another game and it probably has to due with the headset plug (don't ask me why).
"
Lister1989 wrote:

Its a good thing that your post was so useful. Posting that you have the same problem means the devs will probably check It out. Ive heard kripp has a video that shows how to make your game look like complete crap(outside of games settings) and you will load a lot faster.
"
Yocairo wrote:
It's a windows 7 issue. I have this with another game and it probably has to due with the headset plug (don't ask me why).

I have the same problem with vista, its the game not windows 7
Windows 7 is windows vista based..... don't quote me on it but I'm rather sure this won't happen on XP.
Creating a RAM drive may help, but most likely will not. Also I had my PoE on 4 years old HDD low read/wrtie speed and installed to super fast SSD and no lower loading times. It's something to do with the game which makes it load up so slowly, not the HDD/SSD/RAM drive
Same problem with Windows 8.1

Very very long loading times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info