Incredibly slow load time?

When I start up path of exile it takes 55-60 seconds for my game to load. I think this is a little bit long. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this only going to be in the beta?
Im a CanadianPretzel
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2016, 7:20:31 PM
I have the exact same problem, I have 0 fps and my computer is not doing shit when I start the game, then after about 1min it pops up and works as it should.

I run Windows 7 SP1
Geforce M320 1gb Dedicated
2.3ghz intel dual core
4gb ram
I keep my computer in good condtion both software and harware wize and it provides better results than it is suposed to in all other games.
indeed. my solution to this is to crash the game on the first loadup, then start the game again and it loads in 10sec
Yep, i have the same problem. Hope the devs know it exists.
Same problem.
Same for me.
I have this issue too on my Windows 7 system, but my GF's Win XP system loads much faster. Could it have something to do with Windows 7 64-bit, or something related to UAC (usually the culprit when things that work in XP don't in 7)
I also have this problem.

When i start up the game its stuck loading about 1 minute.

Is there any soulution to this? The game work just fine after the long loading.
I just spent $40 to add 8 GB of ram to my laptop. I intend on making a 5 1/2 GB RAM drive and installing PoE to it.

I think it takes 1-2 minutes for the game to load initially but even the zone to zone loading takes too long . If i'm playing multiplayer, by the time I load the zone my party has already proceeded a good distance into the area killing/looting a lot of stuff before I've even loaded in.

So hopefully a RAM drive will fix my problems. An SSD would also work but for $120 bucks you're stuck with 128gb of space and around 550mb/s transfer speed. A RAM drive can get up to 8000mb/s and 8 GB is only around 40 bucks for popular memory, plus I won't have to downgrade my storage capacity or spend a crap ton of money on a 500gb SSD. Of course RAM drive speed is system and software dependent but even a low end systems RAM drive will outperform an SSD.
Last edited by xTANKx on Feb 4, 2013, 2:27:11 PM
Dude i dont think crating a RAM drvie just for this game is a good idea. The long loading time is just a bug that will eventually get fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info