How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

Good update note. I hope the experiment will be a success.
@Chris, not trying to be rude here but all you need to do is just did what you have done many years ago.

Get a character to level 95 (or even, 93 since you are a busy man) while playing the league mechanic. Just doing that, you will know what is wrong with a league mechanic (beyond bugs) before it is released and you will be able to tune it to be more enjoyable.
"
Innomen wrote:
"personally" he says.

So he's just been spending his tencent dividends.

I'd be much more impressed and less contentious if that's what he was doing instead of giving this poor old fat goose Public Relations CPR every so often. Chris earned his payday with PoE and then some. But he sold this magical goose, which he nurtured and raised more lovingly than many people do their own children, for a fortune; sticking around to make it lay golden eggs for a new owner who only cares about the size of those eggs is just kind of sad. She's seen her best days, and they were with and because of you, Chris. Have the grace to know when you've won.

...But I get the feeling her new owner has no fucking idea how to make those golden eggs come out.

And so...here we are.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 20, 2020, 11:16:11 PM
I love path of exile.
It has always been a game with alot of growth and potential.
Seems like the game is still stuck in the same rut though...

It seems like this:
Heaps of time and money making awesome stories, themes, characters and sometimes cool new abilities added in, but then time runs out for producing the actual mechanics/content, so a 75% complete rushed, simplified or half baked job is released, and then someone suggests overcompensating the item drops/crafting or the like to get people to play anyway, so that the great themes and characters aren't wasted.........

The result.
A league that probably could last 3 months or even more (like delve), ends up only giving a month worth of play, or more like 3 weeks if you take out re-grinding syndicate etc for required item enchants.

Heist League is the same....
Awesome theme and characters. Has 'Followers' of a sort, but has bugs and makes you worry that there is some plot to push the western economy in line with the Chinese one, because the loot is so OP. Everything this league cost twice as much, but not because they're rarer. Nope, is because there is so much currency, that despite uniques being the equivalent of ok rares this league everyone is rich...

I have this nightmare where Chris says "Things change. We weren't going to merge them because we were worried about the balance, but now since they're the same, merging them becomes a bonus for more player"....
...While tencent holds a gun to his back and says Good boy.

Good Buy? Good Boy? Goodbye?
Hope this never happens.....
Universal Law - Balance
In-Area combat league? Can someone explain what that means? O_o
"
Belurges wrote:

The result.
A league that probably could last 3 months or even more (like delve)

To this day I regret not having a better chance during Delve.
I wish I had asked for help more, I wish I had had more time to play, I wish I had bought the supporter packs.
I look back with extreme fondness on Delve.
When the league ended, that was one of the mega-rare times I wanted to just keep playing that character... I went to the Delve area and OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MASSIVE DELVE MAP?!?!?!?!
All the time I'd put into it was gone. My digging disappeared. This honestly kinda hurt to a degree. Like, all my effort couldn't be shown anymore. Real shame how it gets reset all the time. :(
Can you remove essence league please? It's completely useless pre-lvl 60.
I'm not sure how many of us just skip the essence chests in heist, but I haven't used a single essence this league, even though I pick them up for some reason. Power creep has tuned them out.

Thanks!
Well whiners will whine no matter what you do, so if you doing it in order to appease the whiners you're just wasting your time. On the other hand if you feel you need to make all these changes to development process you're welcome, it's your game after all, you're free to do whatever you want with it.
This experiment comes with some side effects, however. You'll definitely notice that the patch notes are much, much shorter than they usually are. That's because we're focusing on getting the most important changes done, and doing them well. I'm aiming for us to try to fit the patch notes on just a few pages, if we can manage it. This does mean that we have had to be careful to pick our battles though - the balance changes we are doing have been carefully chosen to have the largest impact and fix real problems. It's also likely that we'll front-load the announcement to have more of the expansion's contents revealed at once, reducing the number of small teasers we post in the weeks following announcement.

This is music to the ears I hope it goes smooth I really do!!!!!
urg... an atlas change.. it's finally in a spot where I kinda don't mind it and get burned out on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info