How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

well i dont know at somepoint i dont care just make it work... half working league is like having a half working pc... IT SUK...but i have NO HYPE for next league... so feel free to screw it up too ... you gonna blame what covid again each league is a mess for the 5-6 league but this one is a top tier fuk up
everything just broke ...
"personally" he says.

So he's just been spending his tencent dividends and only just now decided to get back in the whole doing work thing. /smh

And people still talking like it's a charity just because it has a generous demo mode.

It's like actually thinking the DPRK is democratic just because it has democratic in the name. /smh

What won't be touched:

* Broken Trade. (Love how all the tryhards that cry "OP" all the time say nothing about how overpowered trade is for the few that can stand to treat the game like a market simulator.)

* Casual crushing anti-streamer "balance" changes.

* Scammers constantly getting a pass.

* Item bloat (Which honestly should have gotten a hard look the moment filters became required for play.)

* Deep over reliance on third party pages and apps. (See also broken trade, no auction, and no gold, despite the fact that chaos and exa are the only actual currency in the game around which all other currency prices revolve.)

Why am I typing? The devs stopped reading the moment chris hit send, if he even did it "personally," and all I'll likely get is dog piled by the "POGGERS"/"hard work" hivemind.

So I'll just stop there.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Innomen wrote:
"personally" he says.

So he's just been spending his tencent dividends and only just now decided to get back in the whole doing work thing. /smh

And people still talking like it's a charity just because it has a generous demo mode.

It's like actually thinking the DPRK is democratic just because it has democratic in the name. /smh

What won't be touched:

* Broken Trade. (Love how all the tryhards that cry "OP" all the time say nothing about how overpowered trade is for the few that can stand to treat the game like a market simulator.)

* Casual crushing anti-streamer "balance" changes.

* Scammers constantly getting a pass.

* Item bloat (Which honestly should have gotten a hard look the moment filters became required for play.)

* Deep over reliance on third party pages and apps. (See also broken trade, no auction, and no gold, despite the fact that chaos and exa are the only actual currency in the game around which all other currency prices revolve.)

Why am I typing? The devs stopped reading the moment chris hit send, if he even did it "personally," and all I'll likely get is dog piled by the "POGGERS"/"hard work" hivemind.

So I'll just stop there.

+1

lot of stream simps here who cry out pog kek andwhatever kids say those days with owerpowered. but realgamers feel that game jsut got nerfed and harder at lot of build.
fk archnemesis.
Last edited by SuperDrop on Oct 20, 2020, 10:08:45 PM
Honestly you have to more so look at certain leagues not as huge new content but more so as additions to the game and how they are able to interact with other previous league mechanics.

I would really love to see more leagues mechanics which complement previous leagues and or work with end game mapping in some way. Give players a reason to farm maps(the end game which everyone should be playing) instead of almost never touching maps because you receive content such as Heist which can perfectly suffice as a late game content once you get your people leveled up. Just need to buy contracts/blueprints from people.

Heist in my opinion was trying too hard to be so much that it turned out full of bugs and very exploitable(profitable farming the same blueprint with split beast crafting). Nerfing the league would just result in a never ending cycle of love/hate due to constant buffs/nerfs.

I personally would much rather have league mechanics that compliment current content that is already in the game.

For example Delve. It is an amazing part of the game which could use more more league mechanics which would be able to compliment them. For example Implementing Harvest nodes. Maybe various depths for higher tier seed and the zone you find those nodes at would determine the pool of seeds available. Of course this is not the best solution because then the deep delvers would just get more profit BUT what if you instead capped harvest nodes to spawning in the upper 2k depths but instead made made harvest nodes go more horizontal from the center vs vertical. Logically the deeper you go into the earth the harder it is for seeds to grow roots and to then sprout into plants so it doesn't make sense for them to be SUPER deep.

Also I personally don't even care if the league mechanic has a big story that works with the current POE story as long as it is able to compliment already existing content. It's not about Quantity(size of the league) but about quality.

Some other ideas are for leagues which expand on the already existing Metamorph to allow usage of organs dropped by end game bosses such as shaper, elder, atziri, sirus, etc.

Or

Or a league which reworks the current atziri and uber atziri fights to be a little more interesting and rewarding instead of just going there for the early atziri's promise and not really much more as a reward.

A league doesn't have to always be 100% new but maybe a refresh of old content.
When you post pictures of "home offices" of your employees and the only two people working on PoE related sutff are the mtx guys it's easy to see why the distrust in anything you claim is growing.

Actions speak louder than words and your inaction lately is just the latest in a downward trend that started a while ago.

One wot won't change that no matter how many promises (that you'll never keep) you put in it.
"
cgexile wrote:
Anyone that's been around for a long time knew this type of post from Chris was going to drop.

Sadly it has become as predictable as you say. I can't even take it serious anymore because it's become such an obvious pattern.
This sounds like a very responsible and realistic internal review of current design.

As stated, it was the smaller ( quicker developed ) leagues that players fondly remember more than the giant behemoths that were huge crunch times for devs and headaches for players for weeks.

Way too often people get ahead of themselves, wanting to outdo what they just did previously. This will always lead to things going bad, and people constantly wishing things would go back to the way it was.

The point of progress is to actually progress ...not just spend your time fixing problems. You can't give players content if that content is just bug fixes and overhauling past failed iterations. The was the history of Diablo 3, a perpetual grinding machine of 90% of their time going back to fix or undo bad ideas, poorly implemented ones, or things that they had reiterated on a dozen times and had to pull before release; all while saying they were giving players all of this content.

If you hire a contractor to build you a home, and it takes them 3 times as long to do it because they constantly make mistakes and have to come back to fix it, they didn't give you 3x the work that other contractors do, thus 3x the pay is do. They just kept screwing up, on their own dime. That's not fair to the home owner.

I hope this new development test is a success, because the only other option is to break the cycle and produce less leagues per year, which means obviously GGG makes less money. If they want to keep the status quo, they really need this to turn things around, and the players really want this to turn around.
"
... a strong stable launch, plenty of gameplay iteration and solid testing of features

please try to get some testing of the PS4 version into this new dev cycle.

Heist has been near unplayable to the point where I've just stopped trying, and have advised friends to do the same. Of late PoE on this platform has been in a very, very poor state.

"
Chris wrote:
From Path of Exile's release in 2013 until late 2015, we struggled to grow the community

Fucking. Really?

A special message to early whales and PoE angel supporters
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 20, 2020, 10:46:09 PM
Thanks for everything you do

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info