How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

Thanks Chris for the post and the information contained within. and the little spoiler ;-)

Thank you to the team for Heist, despite its hiccups, I have and am thoroughly enjoying myself.
while you are at it fix the delve you broke. ive crashed twice on tier II azurite mines and been robbed of the azurite in them. TWICE.
I never used to crash in Delve. You broke something, so please get to fixing it. And don't worry about obnoxiously long patch notes. Actual work is more important than letting the whiners know every detail every day.
Good luck everyone and hope this works out well! TY for the great content you are constantly bringing us.
As a fellow (Enterprise) developer I feel your pain and understand completely. It's wonderful you guys are trying to make the process better!
I honestly hope, that Leagues will never EVER release in such state. Because I achieved 36 challenges twice in all those years. In Metamorph - because I loved it and played until it's very last second. I loved it. And in Heist. But it was just a "hate-fuck", really. I just wanted to play the League, just to BE DONE WITH IT, Christ. It NEVER happened before for me in PoE. And the saddest part - Heist is THE. BEST. POE. LEAGUE. TO. DATE. Story, dialogue, music, art. But all of the bad parts were, for the first time, too much for me.

And, Chris - for fuck sake - PLEASE STOP "1-IN-10" implementation of Leagues for the love of fuck. I'am sick to death that Leagues are treated this way! Or even deleted like Synthesis! Have balls for ONCE and say - Heist will be finished and added to the game AS. IS. Because it gave me a small glimpse into PoE 2. It actually, if you look past all of the shit it came with - feels like the League you open PoE 2 with.
Nice, looking forward to 3.15
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
DixuMixu wrote:
damage control by the man himself!

"
Atlas expansion

and that's what everyone wants to hear! league mechanics that are not tied to the core gameplay of poe, which is mapping, are awful as history has shown

Stop talking for others, as you know nothing about their joy.

Heist is a great league, at the same level as Blight or legacy were. You might not like it, as its not a speed rush league with no new content like Delirium was, but I am having a blast.

Finally we have more to do than just repeat what we have done for years, maps are boring and always the same, it was about time to get some fresh air into the game.

I skipped Delirium after playing a few dys, same with Legion, it was just a buggy mess with no new content, Metamorph wasnt that great either, Harvest had a good idea, but was executed poorly.

Heist is the first league since BLight that I enjoy and its for the same reason. It´s new content, new mechanics and not the 4th or 5th Breach mechanic, where I click something and stuff spawns and I collect shards to run yet another map.

At Heist we have a true endgame now, we can modify and run blueprints and contracts, equip and level a full squad that assists us and there is actually some lore to explore. This is brilliant and its motivating, I also dont have any crashes, game runs better than ever before.

An Atlas expansion is hopefully not yet a forgettable league with nothing new, but if it is, then I have to accept it just like YOU MUST accept that there is content with more depth too.
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME, APPRECIATE YOU GGG <3
Love the openness this shows.

You really didn't need to brag so much at the start though. We get it. You've won. You're respected in your field. Grats. Find some other way to tell that story though or you'll look like you're just full of yourself.

Looking forward to hearing about December. Sounds like some players will be overjoyed and others will hate you for ever. Business as usual in that regard. But a different group of people will be in charge of the hate, and they can't be much worse than the current batch. Or can we?
My biggest disappointment with heist league was, that i think it has huge potential, if only you decide to skip september league and move it to december.
ign: Bikvin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info