[2.0] Simple & Cheap 2-Handed Axe/Sword Cyclone Build

little update from me.

haven't leveled much (only 2 levels so i'm 89 now), but I bought kaoms and been doing normal atziri now. my character has no problems but my computer is just soooo bad (2-3 fps when smoke is visible at 3-boss). If I had a better computer then I could do easy 5min atziri runs. Now that I have Kaoms I might do a little respec to unspec some health nodes and get more damage, but I am not sure about it since I kill atziri very fast anyways (need her to be in her normal mode for like 3 times to kill her)

over 11k life with Kaoms and 620 life regen per second

Gear (only Kaoms has changed, haven't found good ring/amulet to buy yet)
Spoiler

My NASA computer at 3-boss
Spoiler
ign: YongSook
You have the 2hd's wet dream build! Congrats

I would've loved to to have built my char like yours, even before your koams. My 2h sword was 509pdps and achieved 15k dps but my life was 3.5k and not enough. To invest in life meant sacrificing dps and a fair few exalts so I abandoned the build.

When currency permits I want to respec back into 2h life based cyclone just like this and I'm glad you posted it.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Thank you for this build, it's the first time I've been able to actually enjoy Cyclone. Since I'm still learning the game, putting together a Cyclone build of my own hasn't really worked out so well, but using this I've had great success. I stupidly deleted my first character who had this build on accident, but leveling back up is quick and easy. I recommend a slight change for leveling, if possible. I leveled this time around using Double Strike and Melee Splash, to excellent effect. Coupled with a Shiversting, I've destroyed just about everything so far.
Update on progress (Last post I was lvl 25 with this build)

Currently lvl 63 in act 2 merc

Running with ~4500 tooltip DPS using Hatred and Haste
(I switch to Grace if I need the Phys resist, and lose ~200 tooltip DPS)

~2300 HP
Resists at 69/66/76+
Looking for some better resist gear to get them all capped like they were in Cruel

Not the best gear ever, and I'm running with 105% IIR. So still a lot of room for gear improvement.

My Favorite build so far in PoE

Thanks OP =)
Hello
I just started a player with this build and it´s sooo fun (level 30 now)
I only want to thanks you for your work.
I am thinking to make some changes the items i find will make my road, so i can feel like its 'my own build' and i am not only coping.

And a question for the last part.
Is it worth all the points to get thick skin (botoon right in the passive tree)?
Maybe it depends the items you have.

Tanks for all again.

"
skeleton2020 wrote:
during a duel.. i struggled to fight against an archer due slow paced.. is there any ways to close the gap between the archer?

This build is not really designed for PvP. But you can still use the temporal chains curse to slow down fast moving oponents. ^^

"
custerstukov wrote:
Hello
I just started a player with this build and it´s sooo fun (level 30 now)
I only want to thanks you for your work.
I am thinking to make some changes the items i find will make my road, so i can feel like its 'my own build' and i am not only coping.

And a question for the last part.
Is it worth all the points to get thick skin (botoon right in the passive tree)?
Maybe it depends the items you have.

Tanks for all again.

Those points are the best 5 additional defensive nodes in the tree once you get iron reflexes, since there are not any better life cluster near the nodes already taken. However, you can replace these points with offensive ones, if you feel your life pool is sufficient. :)
Can't you drop the Destroyer Cluster for the Wrecking Ball Cluster? If you need more DPS and you can stand to drop 10% life, Wrecking Ball is a good way to go. Also we don't gain from the increased accuracy from Destroyer with Resolute Technique.
Hi thanks for the answer, i finally go for them.
Have another question :D

I found http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deidbell

But i dont know if 'life gain on hit' is affected by 'Cannot Leech when on Low Life'.

Its a good unique for the build? i think so but i want a more professional opinion.

Thanks for all.

PD: Level 65
"
CGImpulse wrote:
Can't you drop the Destroyer Cluster for the Wrecking Ball Cluster? If you need more DPS and you can stand to drop 10% life, Wrecking Ball is a good way to go. Also we don't gain from the increased accuracy from Destroyer with Resolute Technique.

Yeah sure, the build is not graved in stone and anyone can adapt it depending on the needs. :)

"
custerstukov wrote:
Hi thanks for the answer, i finally go for them.
Have another question :D

I found http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deidbell

But i dont know if 'life gain on hit' is affected by 'Cannot Leech when on Low Life'.

Its a good unique for the build? i think so but i want a more professional opinion.

Thanks for all.

PD: Level 65

Life leech and life gain on hit are different. But this unique is not very good, because it has neither life or resists...and 20% increased damage is a small value.
Great cyclone build. I give it a 9/10.

I'm practically leap slamming through areas. Cyclone is great for huge packs and quick grinding.

I only have 1 question. For sword version in bandit quest, why do you pick the % atk speed over the % physical damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info