[2.0] Simple & Cheap 2-Handed Axe/Sword Cyclone Build

Hi, I did a very similar 2h axe cyclone build, currently level 83, tool tip dps 7.1k, so 14k in reality, I am pretty tanky, 4.8k hp, 77 all resis, 17.7k armour 4 endurance charges up almost 100% of the time thanks to the new trigger gem

here is my build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtC2ES2RRNFy8X4RkuGYUaOBo-GlUbRRv6JKol3yb4J-0pLimlMHcyfjboNuk6UjrYPfxHfk3YTipOMlBQVdZYY1ivWfNZ_l8_YEthIWSjZOdlTWWnZp5nm2qTbmlu2HKpdO14DXloeu97jHy4fNmApIFvgziE2YTvh2qMdozPjr-QVZBslZuZK548ogCkGaeEqWiplKvFrKq2QbndvYG-p8APwBrBBMbY0k3Uj9Xt4mHjauw47w7vfPAf8azyL_ZI-tI=

and my equipment (weapon linkings are still being worked on, some gems are there just to gain exp)
"

although i still haven't fully leveled all my dps gems(cyclone, concentrated effect,hatred) but I have already optimised the passive tree as much as can at this point to improve dps, in the end however i don't think my tooltip dps will go anywhere near 9k, which I think sucks balls compare to some mediocre dps builds that are just as tanky:( I really think cyclone needs a buff in the future patches, especially when used with a 2h weapon(or a even bigger buff to 2h weapons overall), cuz currently any 1h+shield(soul taker) or facebreaker+shield cyclone build when done correctly can have HELLALOTA more dps like 15 to 20k tooltip dps while also have the same if not more defensive capability. soul taker allows you to replace bloodmagic gem for a dps support gem, facebreaker is simply op dps wise, now the 2h weapons? besides a hardly noticeable improve in the tiny aoe range of cyclone(and looks cooler btw) they are basically SHIT. It's sad that the developer who claimed to be Diablo fans doesn't allow a proper build to resemble the classic 2h whirlwind barbarian..
Last edited by fl3213jk on Nov 10, 2013, 4:44:47 PM
Im Trying this build :3
This build right here dog
this version seems better to me (sword version tho)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2Bq8VHfmVNhNluaamUJd--p5BsG_qHaqQZYSEB3ITvvop07XgNeu-pblivYEtsRrXyNugFLXJsNZIB56-iQKAyCf6PrFmnMJ_LEPAhYJ65TeOI8fe-FCAUcXTxpldQR0GqGNs64TGe-Ovfv1uv8kX3Mk4q_gpyqSmlrKp82SftWfPz3RkuZS_AGtSPSk8SvJBVud2zMaeE7w7yLxo451LsOFRJOthX4l8_Mon2SASzjM8UTfAfUFCpaIM4ogBYY-98xtjdDfzFZ6CHdkp9
"
MEGAWOJCIECH wrote:
this version seems better to me (sword version tho)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2Bq8VHfmVNhNluaamUJd--p5BsG_qHaqQZYSEB3ITvvop07XgNeu-pblivYEtsRrXyNugFLXJsNZIB56-iQKAyCf6PrFmnMJ_LEPAhYJ65TeOI8fe-FCAUcXTxpldQR0GqGNs64TGe-Ovfv1uv8kX3Mk4q_gpyqSmlrKp82SftWfPz3RkuZS_AGtSPSk8SvJBVud2zMaeE7w7yLxo451LsOFRJOthX4l8_Mon2SASzjM8UTfAfUFCpaIM4ogBYY-98xtjdDfzFZ6CHdkp9

Your build has more life but less armour/evasion nodes, you will probably need to use the grace aura that will take 1/3 of your life pool...and it seems you took less damage points, but i guess you can compensate with a better weapon !
Also, you should be aware that taking the unwavering stance keystone makes the blind support gem useless, and you already have stun immunity while cycloning...
Little update today of my build, I still use it as a self loot duelist and I managed yesterday to run the famous Torture Chamber and its deadly boss without beeing killed :D

As you will see, my gear is not really good (except for the 6L chest I fused with 4 fusings...), all of it has been found and I did not made any trade :

Sometimes I switch for another gear with more increased rarity and quantity of items found, without damaging too much my character. With a good flask use, I can farm up to level 68 maps, I find this way of playing quite entertaining. :)

Very soon I will probably add a video of clearing the Acton's Nightmare unique map. I also have the Poorjoy's Asylum map to run...but I'm a little too afraid for now, so maybe later. :P

With the upcoming 1.1 release, I hope the build won't be damaged by the changes. If any are made I will update this thread. :)
Please update leveling guide.
The build has been updated for the 1.1.1 version !
thank you for update. I'm try!
could you please replace sword nodes for axe nodes instead please? got a kaoms axe and i would love to use it,i dont replace them myself cause i like the way you think better lol thanks in advance :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info