PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[2.0] Simple & Cheap 2-Handed Axe/Sword Cyclone Build

"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Shimaran wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:
Also, on the Axe dude the life seems a bit low for a 2H build, are you sure it will be fine in maps?

It is at 240% increased life, so yes maybe a little short for hardcore leagues especially Invasion. But you can of course adapt the tree depending on your needs, since more life nodes are not far, but you will lose some damage...

Heh, I only play Softcore leagues, so I won't need to worry about that.

In any case, I'm running the build now as a first Ambush character (I plan to trade, though), and I'm probably going to do Swords. I'll update this thread if I sucessfully make it to maps.

I hope I do. It will be only the second character I've had that makes it to maps (first was a BoR/Block Duelist, and he took advantage of the money I made when my GS Mara found a Legacy Maligaro and sold it to fund his gear).

EDIT: Oh, and why does the Sword build support Kraityn in Cruel, but the Axe build supports Oak?

I managed to get to maps with 2 characters using this build, and I did not make any trade ! Unless you have terrible luck while leveling you will probably manage to do the same ^^
The difference in cruel bandits reward is a mistake, as you will want to maximise attack speed because it increases the efficiency of the build in terms of damage and survivability (life on hit and blind if you use it).

"
abo3lian wrote:
can you make skill's tree for Ambush league?

Since Ambush is a softcore league, I would not change the passive tree...
update from me :D
really loving this build.
i am level 83 now and these are my stats:
6277 life
14628 armour
79% fire res
78% cold res
78% lightning res
43% chaos res

cyclone dps: 17617

Haven't had any problems in maps yet (doing 70-72 maps, building map base). Vaal Cyclone makes stuff like double-boss jungle valley super easy. I can also burst down Torture Chamber Boss but this couldn't be done in Hardcore. I can also do blood magic maps, but I don't see that map mod too often.

I think the hardest things for this build might be finding a good 500+ pDps axe (I am a axe user, maybe different with swords/maces). Also overcapping resistances without a shield can be expensive.

Gear:
Spoiler

Only thing left for me is to level/quality rest of the gems and find a good lifeleech amulet.
ign: YongSook
Last edited by subtiiter on Apr 22, 2014, 8:19:13 AM
Dude, your gear is fking insane lol. But why don't you use LGoH or Blind?

I'm about to hit Cruel, but am a bit worried about this build in the endgame. But I'll play it out. My updates will be on my brother's account, as I was hoping this could be a fun build he could use to play endgame maps with me (my brother and I don't see each other much after he moved away for college, I'm trying to get him into PoE so we can play together).

So far I'm leveling up with SThrow/LMP/LGoH until I can get Blood Magic and Faster Attack support gems to use on Cyclone (which I'm leveling).
Last edited by K0rrupted on Apr 20, 2014, 8:57:59 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
Dude, your gear is fking insane lol. But why don't you use LGoH or Blind?

I'm about to hit Cruel, but am a bit worried about this build in the endgame. But I'll play it out. My updates will be on my brother's account, as I was hoping this could be a fun build he could use to play endgame maps with me (my brother and I don't see each other much after he moved away for college, I'm trying to get him into PoE so we can play together).

So far I'm leveling up with SThrow/LMP/LGoH until I can get Blood Magic and Faster Attack support gems to use on Cyclone (which I'm leveling).

I use LGoH instead of Added fire dmg if a map has hard mods/annoying mobs and lifeleech for bosses who can be dangerous, but most of the time I can just stay with this 6-link. Maybe if I hit 74+ maps I will have to change to more defensive support gem, but right now there is absolutely no need for it. I think it depends a lot on your gear & playstyle aswell.
"
subtiiter wrote:
update from me :D
really loving this build.
i am level 83 now and these are my stats:
6277 life
14628 armour
79% fire res
78% cold res
78% lightning res
43% chaos res

cyclone dps: 17617

Haven't had any problems in maps yet (doing 70-72 maps, building map base). Vaal Cyclone makes stuff like double-boss jungle valley super easy. I can also burst down Torture Chamber Boss but this couldn't be done in Hardcore. I can also do blood magic maps, but I don't see that map mod too often.

I think the hardest things for this build might be finding a good 500+ pDps axe (I am a axe user, maybe different with swords/maces). Also overcapping resistances without a shield can be expensive.

Gear:
Spoiler

Only thing left for me is to level/quality rest of the gems and find a good lifeleech amulet.

You have a very good gear ! Much better than mine, I suppose you made some trades ? ^^
Anyway, it would be very nice if you could report your future progress on maps :)
Why use blood magic gem, if you use blood magic passive skill??
"
SpitfireXD wrote:
Why use blood magic gem, if you use blood magic passive skill??

The blood magic keystone replaces the blood magic gem until you find it ! Then you can reserve your mana for auras :)
The keystone can then be removed of course...
Last edited by Shimaran on Apr 22, 2014, 4:52:43 AM
A3Cruel atm, should be in Merciless in a few days. Resists and defenses are pretty shit, but I have all of Merc to get them going. :)
Hi this is K0rrupted on my brother's account.

Oh, and I bought this sword for 9c. Not bad if you ask me.

Cruel is a bit rough because I'm super underleveled and undergeared. But when I get to Merciless I think I should be fine. I'll spend some of my remaining money on getting usable rings and maxing out my resists, and getting Grace/Hatred online should give me a solid boost in the DPS and phys damage mitigation departments. Let's not forget about 7 Endurance Charges!
"
K0nqueror wrote:
Hi this is K0rrupted on my brother's account.

Oh, and I bought this sword for 9c. Not bad if you ask me.

Cruel is a bit rough because I'm super underleveled and undergeared. But when I get to Merciless I think I should be fine. I'll spend some of my remaining money on getting usable rings and maxing out my resists, and getting Grace/Hatred online should give me a solid boost in the DPS and phys damage mitigation departments. Let's not forget about 7 Endurance Charges!

You can get around level 50 rings which can last up to level 70-75 easily. The max life roll (70-79) can appear on really lower ilvl. Just don't be afraid to invest 15-20c on a good ring, you won't have to worry about getting another in some time.

Speaking of weapons, I alted this yesterday out of boredom. ilvl 79, no idea what to do with it now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info