[2.0] Simple & Cheap 2-Handed Axe/Sword Cyclone Build

Sorry for the wait ! I've finally updated the build with new passive trees for both swords and axes setups :)

I've also added screen captures of offensive and defensive stats to show how the build performs ^^

"
jacynthe wrote:
Hi. Have another question.)
Id like to use BoR + WoE with this build cause WoE uses 2H axe nods despite it counts like dual welding. Is it ok, how do u think?
Thx =)

I'm afraid the axe is not good enough for the build, especially because of the elemental damage on it. The build is better with physical weapons.
Last edited by Shimaran on Aug 22, 2014, 6:54:44 PM
I'm currently running a very similar build (was actually surprised upon seeing this as I had not looked at it before starting) using mana instead.

Spoiler

(ignore mana reserve, grace was not on)

Spoiler

Spoiler

21k armour with granite
81% reduction with 4charges granite and molten
Ps. Yes, 4, I made the mistake of not helping oak merciless

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wUtEuETTBRSGNsZLhv6IQIhYCSbJd8m-CftKaUwTzB3Mgk1kja6Nug53TpSPfxAoEF0Q-dHfkp9TipOMlhjWK9Z81n-W69fP2BLYSFlTWWnZ5tnoGwWbEZuaW6XcmxyqXTtdPF2K3Z_eA1673uMfNl-4ICKhNmE74cZh2qHdozPkGyVm55XpBmpbqmUrKquULXyvYG-ir6nwQTBo8S4xtjUj9X42L3dDeJh5FHkseW98pz2SPZV9033vvxL_MU=

Using extremely budget gear, I have spent under 1ex all throughout 79 including current and leveling gear. Build is more efficient with duelist start like urs however. Nicely done.
@Insmm
Last edited by Insomniamm on Sep 1, 2014, 10:11:49 AM
Do you have to use mana potions to sustain the cost of Cyclone ?
I carry a single hybrid flask just in case I desync and cyclone into nothing, but when there are mobs I never run oom.

I haven't gone into a 5l yet to see how it fares, but since there's usually a blood magic gem in the links for cyclone I am getting equal/greater dps than most cyclone builds with less/same links.

Spoiler
@Insmm
Last edited by Insomniamm on Sep 1, 2014, 2:29:19 PM
That's interesting :) Do you think it has to do with the mana on kill and on hit nodes ?
Definitely. The Revelry cluster has a total 20 mana on kill, which was close to the amount my 3l cyclone would cost while leveling. The 2 mana on hit helps when using cyclone through larger mobs, which is how I didn't run oom while cycloning through blues and cannot die mobs.

I got a 1% mana leech on ammy for very cheap which also made my cycloning feel a lot better, now I only need to pot if I desync and cyclone ~4x into nothing.

The only thing I cannot do right now is quicksilver when cycloning a boss alone. Quicksilver makes u cyclone too often and the mana leech/mana on hit usually isn't enough to sustain quicksilver cycloning a single target that takes a while to die.

Edit: Apparently the regen helps a bit too, I usually have to pot for mana in no regen maps.
@Insmm
Last edited by Insomniamm on Sep 2, 2014, 2:20:34 PM
Starting this build right now to level up my duelist for the leveling challenge ;]
what about using a shield? does that build still works?
"
elemiah1508 wrote:
what about using a shield? does that build still works?

If you're talking about a 1H + shield setup for Cyclone then no, but there are other builds for that ^^
I followed this build quite closely and it's working pretty well. I took the -4% mana reservation node near "Purity of Flesh" so I could also use Grace + Hatred + Herald of Ash + Reduced Mana combo.

11k dps at level 80 now with Kaom's Primacy axe with only 4 links. (Blood Magic, Cyclone, Increased Physical Damage, Faster Attacks).

Only problem is when I don't have any endurance charges so the damage taken is pretty high due to my crappy gear but once you have charges built up then you can tank pretty well. And I need more life as well in general.

I'm hoping to get a fifth link so I could add maybe Concentrated Effect to really boost the damage.
Last edited by Xeerdoz on Oct 16, 2014, 10:04:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info