[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

Fun build. Excellent single target. Decent clear with Salvo as well.

To the above poster ^ - yes L21/20 Blazing Salvo will make a huge DPS difference. If you can get +1 on weapon and shield even better.

Spells all scale most of there damage with gem levels so the higher the better.

One change I made (just my preference) is in my gloves I used a fireball multiple spell totem setup. Great clear and augments boss damage nicely. Drop three totems, set & forget, watch the fireworks. Firestorm in weapon is great as well.

Got a cheap Vitality leech Watcher's Eye with Anger crit multi as well. Great for survivability.

Last edited by diablomix on Oct 19, 2020, 12:47:17 AM
Gonna give it a shot. looks fun and strong. Thanks for the build guide.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Just about to do Uber lab (lvl 76) and, yeah, I do feel pretty squsihy...

Do you have the Brine King pantheon? I feel like many players underestimate the danger of stuns and the 50% on your boots might not really cut it. Also, craft life on your gloves. Change the mods on your Basalt flask to something useful, like curse immunity (warding). And yeah, fortify is BIG, it is so big, that I sacrifice three gem sockets for basically only this. It absolutely is time to sort out your gems and get rid of Golem and WoC and start Shield Charging, its a boost to clear speed as well. You can easily just buy level 1 gems and level them up, because fortify will have the full effect already. You could also trigger tempest shield in your weapon for attack block, but that would eat some dps, because you would have to remove flamewall/power/frenzy charges.

For the damage, the tooltip for skills like Salvo doesn't say anything, so it should be correct. Mine is 74k only as well for example. Maybe you want to buy cheap 20/20 corrupted gems (especially for Salvo and Fireball), that would increase your damage by around 40% alone. Uber Lab also gives us basically 100% more damage on bosses.
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 19, 2020, 2:05:46 AM
"
diablomix wrote:
Fun build. Excellent single target. Decent clear with Salvo as well...

Thanks for the feedback! Totems sounds interesting, gonna give that a shot as well. Also, the enlighten + vitality is a neat idea for survivability, especially with the recent vitality buff. Definitely going to look into that.
"
Moethelion wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! Totems sounds interesting, gonna give that a shot as well. Also, the enlighten + vitality is a neat idea for survivability, especially with the recent vitality buff. Definitely going to look into that.

The helm you chose for the build is great because you can take a lowly 8c L3 Enlighten and turn it into a 300c L4! lol

With the freed up mana, the extra boost from Vitality and 1-1.2% Vitality leech from the Watcher's Eye helps a lot. If I got a L4 Enlighten (effective L5 in helm) I could probably level Vitality to 15 or 16. Not really necessary though.
Last edited by diablomix on Oct 19, 2020, 1:08:01 PM
could you swap in Headhunter in this build?
"
charisfu wrote:
could you swap in Headhunter in this build?

Well I'm not a Headhunter expert, so take this with a grain of salt.

Headhunter's main strength is boosting your clearspeed to farm content even faster and that relies heavily on designing the content you do accordingly by getting as many rare mobs as you can. So the bigger question than if you can use a Headhunter is are you really willing to design Headhunter content.

While Headhunter could potentially be used in this build by getting strong resistance rolls on other items, it is certainly not the best build to use a Headhunter on, especially with the self curse builds being around. You could very much do it and make your build stronger and arguably more fun, but I doubt it will have a similar effect like on other builds and be worth the investment.
For those pushing this build to higher levels. This location for The Red Nightmare gives 36% Endurance charge on kill chance and more block if needed.

Beneficial because I can use the other jewel socket for a 7% increased life and more crit multi jewel.

https://ibb.co/chDjjPs
Last edited by diablomix on Oct 19, 2020, 10:45:00 PM
"
diablomix wrote:
For those pushing this build to higher levels. This location for The Red Nightmare gives 36% Endurance charge on kill chance and more block if needed.

Beneficial because I can use the other jewel socket for a 7% increased life and more crit multi jewel.

Well, it's also a 3 skill point jewel slot, which is pretty inefficient especially for how strong all our points are. I wouldn't say higher level, I would rather say bandaid fix for block, but yeah it's a possibility. The endurance charge % doesn't really matter because we will be on 3/3 most of the time anyway.
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 20, 2020, 1:14:47 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:

Well, it's also a 3 skill point jewel slot, which is pretty inefficient especially for how strong all our points are. I wouldn't say higher level, I would rather say bandaid fix for block, but yeah it's a possibility. The endurance charge % doesn't really matter because we will be on 3/3 most of the time anyway.

True, but I am thinking more about your L100 tree. With the 3 points you also get 20 strength and an extra jewel socket that you can stack more damage with.

With 7% life on the jewel you are really not missing a ton of life, 7% or so, and you're gaining a lot of damage with that extra available jewel socket .
Last edited by diablomix on Oct 20, 2020, 1:43:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info