[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
Woozo wrote:
Thanks for this build!
In the progress of leveling this build. Going all the way with Fireball and Blazing Salvo and so far pretty smooth.

Any interesting alternate quality gems you can think of?

Good to hear that it works out so far!

I did go over all alternate quality and Anomalous Spell Echo (cast speed) is very good (+3% more damage). Didn't see any other interesting improvements, but feel free to make suggestions if you find something (Divergent Anger is nice but too expensive to justify).
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 14, 2020, 11:44:25 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Vizdus wrote:
just killed sirusA5 with my specter build and i am bored a build - how much investment is needed so this build can do red maps? looks very interesting thanks for that!

I did a test yesterday and removed literally every DPS gear from my character except the level 21 gems with 15 skill points unused (so level 82 effectively). Didn't even use the core items like Devouring Diadem or a good wand or anything. Was still able to easily clear T16 Tropical Island, double boss died in like 10 seconds.

So I would say 2 exalts to be able to do most content, 10 exalts for it to be very strong, 40 exalts to max it out completely. Let me know how it goes if you try it out!

hey so i am like 5x lvl now... and lvling is pretty smooth - I had some problems with survi, but now its better after second ASC, full ress + some life items. i got like 3k life in act 8 so it's quite a lot.

But got one question - I am lvling all the time with Blazing Salvo cause DPS for fireball is quite shitty... i can not imagine in future how it's possible that fireball will have better clearing speed? I need those "6 links" gloves to make fireball work for clearing or what? :)

in general lvlin with BO is ok, i have fortify + shield rush mechanics.. but its fortify always welcome :)
"
Vizdus wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Vizdus wrote:
just killed sirusA5 with my specter build and i am bored a build - how much investment is needed so this build can do red maps? looks very interesting thanks for that!

I did a test yesterday and removed literally every DPS gear from my character except the level 21 gems with 15 skill points unused (so level 82 effectively). Didn't even use the core items like Devouring Diadem or a good wand or anything. Was still able to easily clear T16 Tropical Island, double boss died in like 10 seconds.

So I would say 2 exalts to be able to do most content, 10 exalts for it to be very strong, 40 exalts to max it out completely. Let me know how it goes if you try it out!

hey so i am like 5x lvl now... and lvling is pretty smooth - I had some problems with survi, but now its better after second ASC, full ress + some life items. i got like 3k life in act 8 so it's quite a lot.

But got one question - I am lvling all the time with Blazing Salvo cause DPS for fireball is quite shitty... i can not imagine in future how it's possible that fireball will have better clearing speed? I need those "6 links" gloves to make fireball work for clearing or what? :)

in general lvlin with BO is ok, i have fortify + shield rush mechanics.. but its fortify always welcome :)

I just tried out Fireball 4 link on my leveling character with Fireball - Elemental Focus - GMP - Fork. It is already better than Blazing Salvo, just because Fireball clear benefits from Fork/Pierce while Salvo doesn’t. With Fireball you can kill 2-3 packs at once while with Salvo you have to literally cast for every single pack. With the 6-link gloves (really cheap without blind btw) and pierce enchant it is just so much better than Blazing Salvo.

Salvo DPS might be better, but you just cannot clear 1.5 screens at once like with pierced/forked fireball.
ok i will buy this for lvling and see how it works

sorry for pasting it that, I do know how to link poe trade :)

Rarity: Rare
Glyph Caress
Carnal Mitts
--------
Evasion Rating: 90
Energy Shield: 18
--------
Requirements:
Level: 54
Dex: 39
Int: 39
--------
Sockets: G-G-B-R
--------
Item Level: 72
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16 Slower Projectiles
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16 Faster Casting
+21 to Intelligence
8% increased Cast Speed
+40 to maximum Mana
+8 Life gained on Kill
17% increased Projectile Damage
--------
Shaper Item
--------
Note: ~price 3 chaos
[/img]
dumb person question, somewhat new to the game, what do you mean by "self cast" is there a mechanic im missing here lmaoo
"
H00ligan98 wrote:
dumb person question, somewhat new to the game, what do you mean by "self cast" is there a mechanic im missing here lmaoo

Many builds use mechanics like minions, mines, totems, cast on crit, cast while channeling, etc. to do their main source of damage. Self casting builds are actually kind of rare and oftentimes can't compete with other forms of triggering your damage.

For Blazing Salvo for example, 81% of high level characters use mines, totems or cast on crit to trigger it.
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 15, 2020, 1:12:49 AM
Hey there, trying this build out after the huge shrapnel ballista fork nerf (went from 1 shotting Sirus 8 to taking 30 seconds for a map boss) and am having a lot of fun.

One thing that kind of screwed me over a little bit:

+1 to Level of Socketed Projectile Gems
Projectiles Pierce an additional Target

This mod is a prefix, not a suffix. Wasted some annulments trying to clear suffix's. Not a big deal though, great guide, really enjoying the play style!
"
aSfSteve wrote:
Hey there, trying this build out after the huge shrapnel ballista fork nerf (went from 1 shotting Sirus 8 to taking 30 seconds for a map boss) and am having a lot of fun.

One thing that kind of screwed me over a little bit:

This mod is a prefix, not a suffix. Wasted some annulments trying to clear suffix's. Not a big deal though, great guide, really enjoying the play style!

Yeah sorry for that, I already fixed it yesterday. Cool that you're having fun though.
hey - can anyone help me with this enchant?

"
Vizdus wrote:

So thought I'd level this as well. Thanks to OP for detailed post.

I'd say that levelling 0-35 was a breeze, and now 35-50 is pretty slow and I've died 5 or 6 times now. And I do have my res. capped. Damage on Fireball just doesn't seem to be there in that range on the 4 link suggested. Looking forward to lvl 54 when I can equip gloves with the lvl 16 Slower Proj / Faster casting enchant. I think maybe the issue is our first ascendancy point doesn't really do much for us, until we get the 2nd point with the 200ES regen per sec. So we can really spam FB. Would be interested to know if this is how the OP levelled (as per first post)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info