[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
xRotted wrote:
can you sub out fireball for magma orb?

Well you could, but the big advantage of fireball is, that is has a very wide range and spread so you can easily clear more than one screen with it and with the pierce you actually hit all enemies. Magma orb will either only hit a smaller area if fired close or miss enemies on its way when fired far, so it's almost not better than blazing salvo for clear speed if you don't go for heavy AoE and chain.
Build looks really interesting! How would you recommend leveling it? I find fireball doesn’t do enough damage. Thanks!
Interesting build but i'm such a noob at crafting i wouldn't know where to start to craft such gear ...
"
Yloss wrote:
Interesting build but i'm such a noob at crafting i wouldn't know where to start to craft such gear ...

Well, crafting is very hard in PoE. Trade is where 99,999% of people get their gear. I will add a section for importance of items and upgrade paths.
"
cperri88 wrote:
Build looks really interesting! How would you recommend leveling it? I find fireball doesn’t do enough damage. Thanks!

I'm not really a speedrunning acts pro myself, but I league started with this exact build and just used Blazing Salvo all the way. Its single target is very good out of the box so I don't think you would struggle. It's just the clear speed that is mediocre (not horrible either) without Fireball.

Yeah, Fireball doesn't do enough damage to be used on its own. That's why I decided to implement it into this build because I feel there has not been a bossing viable Fireball build around in a long while, despite the clear speed being very good.
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 13, 2020, 1:25:14 AM
I cant even complete Jun side missions in lowly tier 11 maps at lv93 on this build atm, I just get instantly blown up before I can even start leeching anything.

My gear isnt perfect but I have some pretty solid pieces and the majority of the stuff;
etc.

When im standing still against 1 boss sure its ok, I nearly die but I can leech back up but in dense or crowded instances I just get instantly vaporized with no physical defense or evasion or anything.

How are you staying alive on this guy?
Last edited by JCOH35 on Oct 13, 2020, 1:49:35 AM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
I cant even complete Jun side missions in lowly tier 11 maps at lv93 on this build atm, I just get instantly blown up before I can even start leeching anything.

How you staying alive on this guy?

Without seeing your whole gear and cluster jewels (your profile doesn't have it) it is really hard to tell what is going on. The gear you posted and your skill tree is good and it really surprises me that you have problems with items like those. Do you have the spell block cluster, fortify on shield charge and endurance charges?

As you can see in my video even T16 delirious legion is generally manageable (not 100% save though).

Maybe try out defensive flasks like Jade and Basalt instead of Cinderswallow and Dying Sun. Damage should still be more than enough.
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 13, 2020, 5:42:05 AM
"
cperri88 wrote:

I leveled the build again and added a league start leveling section. Should go pretty fine, although Act 2-3 is a bit messy when char and gems are underleveled. There is probably much better ways to level a Templar, but I like actually using the end game Skill for leveling.
This looks awesome. I love self cast builds. Thanks for this!
Thanks for this build!
In the progress of leveling this build. Going all the way with Fireball and Blazing Salvo and so far pretty smooth.

Any interesting alternate quality gems you can think of?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info