[3.12] Memoria's Penance Brand Assassin [All content, Video Guide included]

"
Trapt_oO wrote:
"
"
zz9za wrote:
There's no point in more than 100% conversion right?

Or in otherwords, with watcher's eye conversion + divine wrath we can get something else on the gloves?

AFAIK, the point of the Watchers Eeye conversion is the Chest Explosion, that deals physical damage

So you'll be converting 25tree+25gloves+40WE for a total of 90% conversion

Not exactly true, you get 25% from gloves 25% skill tree and 50% phys to lightning from penance brand itself. After that you convert 96% lightning dmg to cold damage with the two call of the brotherhood rings.

You use the watchers eye with physical AS EXTRA lightning dmg while affected by wrath.

I'm not sure but do the phys explotions from the chest then do elemental dmg or isn't it affected?

The penance brand conversion does not apply to the chest explosion, thats why you need the WE for a total of 90% (ON THE CHEST EXPLOSION)

The WE is not for the brand, but for the chest!
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.
Ah I see thanks! That makes sense.

I think I will stick to the extra as WE because it should be more overall dmg together with phys as extra lightning mod on my amulet. And I feel my explotions do more than enough dmg, everything in range dies. Junst some bosses need another brand cast. Also you don't have more than 100% conversion.
Just a quick question...In most of the other builds I've seen use Corrupted Soul they leech both ES and Life...I've looked over the POB and I am not seeing a source of energy shield leech.

For general survivability, is there a link that can switch out to ES leech or are there two points that can be swapped to take Soul Thief?

Looking forward to getting started....3 good notable clusters a bit out of my reach haha :D

I am going to get wrecked by chaos unless I go chaos small clusters, but is gear a good starting point? (I got really, really, really lucky with my chest craft...long story but I got frustrated with a redeemer only and YOLO'd it because I was mad, and now all my craft RNG for eternity is gone)

"
Trapt_oO wrote:
Ah I see thanks! That makes sense.

I think I will stick to the extra as WE because it should be more overall dmg together with phys as extra lightning mod on my amulet. And I feel my explotions do more than enough dmg, everything in range dies. Junst some bosses need another brand cast. Also you don't have more than 100% conversion.

Yeah its just a way to scale it a little further
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.
"
Just a quick question...In most of the other builds I've seen use Corrupted Soul they leech both ES and Life...I've looked over the POB and I am not seeing a source of energy shield leech.

For general survivability, is there a link that can switch out to ES leech or are there two points that can be swapped to take Soul Thief?

Looking forward to getting started....3 good notable clusters a bit out of my reach haha :D

I am going to get wrecked by chaos unless I go chaos small clusters, but is gear a good starting point? (I got really, really, really lucky with my chest craft...long story but I got frustrated with a redeemer only and YOLO'd it because I was mad, and now all my craft RNG for eternity is gone)

Most players use Cinderswallow Urn which has life/es on kill at best with a crit unveil and an Atziri's Promise for life leech and you get extra chaos resistance from it.

Also you can take an 'energy shield leech' passive underneath the 'disciple of the forbidden' notable.

btw sick chest (=
"
Trapt_oO wrote:

Most players use Cinderswallow Urn which has life/es on kill at best with a crit unveil and an Atziri's Promise for life leech and you get extra chaos resistance from it.

Also you can take an 'energy shield leech' passive underneath the 'disciple of the forbidden' notable.

btw sick chest (=

Thanks!

Yeah the little chunks don't seem to be bad now that I've got it rolling. I was really worrying over nothing. What's gonna kill me kills me.

I ended up going with Hatred over the Heralds, and when (if) I hit 96 I will take Sovereignty and run with Hatred/Wrath/HoA. In the mean time I took two other life/chaos nodes and now have 74% with flask up.

Love the clear. Bossing is a little interesting but it's nice to just park them and dodge and then reapply when needed.
Need a little help with this build. My damage is still quite low, and get one shot very easily. The main thing I'm still missing is the explode chest which I'm working on crafting. Otherwise I have about 5-10 ex left. Where do I go from here?

POB: https://pastebin.com/FH3rQTyu

This looks very interesting, granted they wont nerf it in next patch (unlikely) I wanted to start with brands and saw you wrote both penance and stormbrand - which one of those would you say feels better for league start? My impression would be that penance will clear better and storm is better single target, is that correct? Just trying to figure out which one will suit me better without already investing too much, I will probably try them both out during leveling but would be great to have a rundown of both. Thanks.
Would this be viable for league start in 3.13 after the nerfs?
"
Rakio wrote:
Would this be viable for league start in 3.13 after the nerfs?

No. I don't think it was vaiable at all.
Worst build I've ever played.
If you want to do maps with 5 portals then sure, make Cast on Death - portal and you're set.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info