[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

"
soggycookie wrote:
Could some experienced players critique my current character? I'm seeing many people hitting 40+ million dps on POB but I haven't even broken through 2mil. Granted I think most of my gear is pretty rubbish and would appreciate which items I could look into upgrading first. Appreciate it.

https://pastebin.com/Pdwst2Lp

in your POB configuration put steel shard consumed to be 4 and make sure your steel shards are up in fights with a sequentially pressing of call of steel between lancing steel. I find your dps to be 4.7~5 mil.
the second ring with influence can give you life gain on hit mod. the paradoxical could have better stats, unlike the conditional one.

Good Luck!
Hey would anyone be down to give me tips on how to improve this build/what items I should try going for? I started the league about a week ago and am having a blast with this build (so thanks op!) after transitioning from carrion golem starter. I have roughly 4ex (maybe about 1-2ex more if I focused more on selling).

https://pastebin.com/z4xivM7g

Also thanks to everyone else who's given helpful info on this thread - it has been really helpful with helping me get started.
Started this build about week ago and its been a lots of fun.
Instead of deadeye, im playing raider variant and needed to twink some gear/tree. Overall its been challenging to craft gear without buying any crafts from others.. just how i like it. Thanks for awesome build!

Gear is not yet 100% finished but im getting there slowly.
Last edited by Muru69 on Feb 18, 2021, 3:51:24 PM
So deadeye or raider?
Seems deadeye has to offer more, no idea why raider is considered top, because Onslaught you can get on jewels, frenzy charges you can generate too. It's very hard to get anything, apart from tailwind, that dead offers, without sacrifice.
To me, raider was always great choice if you want ailment immunity or dodge cap, since it frees up lots of mods on gear and dodge cap hard to reach overall, but if that is not the choice, then I don't see value in raider.

Why am I wrong and in what?

P.S.: playing as raider, as guide suggested for overall kinda best choice.
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Feb 18, 2021, 6:51:38 AM
"
So deadeye or raider?
Seems deadeye has to offer more, no idea why raider is considered top, because Onslaught you can get on jewels, frenzy charges you can generate too. It's very hard to get anything, apart from tailwind, that dead offers, without sacrifice.
To me, raider was always great choice if you want ailment immunity or dodge cap, since it frees up lots of mods on gear and dodge cap hard to reach overall, but if that is not the choice, then I don't see value in raider.

Why am I wrong and in what?

P.S.: playing as raider, as guide suggested for overall kinda best choice.

I recently switched from Deadeye to Raider; the main differences I found were:

a) raider is faster (ie: movement speed)
b) raider is higher damage with medium-tier gear
c) with the same gear, raider has slightly higher health and evasion

I can't say that raider is better in all cases, but for me personally I find it to be an improvement.
"
It's not a trap at all. I am not sure why that comment was made. Vulnerability + Sniper's Mark for big damage or Poacher's Mark for less damage but more life gain is superior to just vulnerability any way you look at it.

What other prefix would go on the armor in place of +1 curse anyway? Phys taken as lightning is cool, % life is never bad, but the build is basically a kill-or-be-killed playstyle anyway. Better to double down on damage.

Curse annoint does not equal +1 curse on body.

Curse annoint is a trap because you can just get +1 curse on body. Annoints go on necks, you're better off annointing something else. Just admit you didn't know what an annointment was.
IGN: Invections
Heyo, I've been following this build and searching for knowledge in other places and whatnot but I've hit a wall in my build...
I can do normal (alchemied) t14-16 maps but when they get influenced or have alot of mods or even delirium, I seem to get one shotted ALOT.

I'm not sure what I'm missing on my build defence wise, maybe a better chestpiece (explodey?evasion?, it seems like lioneye's vision's pierce is still helpful with deadeye but I'm up to change my mind) but other than that, I'm completly lost...
Heres the POB:
https://pastebin.com/XyPfegVG
"
Hopesies wrote:
Heyo, I've been following this build and searching for knowledge in other places and whatnot but I've hit a wall in my build...
I can do normal (alchemied) t14-16 maps but when they get influenced or have alot of mods or even delirium, I seem to get one shotted ALOT.

I'm not sure what I'm missing on my build defence wise, maybe a better chestpiece (explodey?evasion?, it seems like lioneye's vision's pierce is still helpful with deadeye but I'm up to change my mind) but other than that, I'm completly lost...
Heres the POB:

It's a hit n run playstyle.. 2 seconds in same place and most likely you are ded. Even with maxed gear you will get killed a lot if there is lots of nasty mods or movement is too slow.
"
Muru69 wrote:
"
Hopesies wrote:

Heres the POB:

It's a hit n run playstyle.. 2 seconds in same place and most likely you are ded. Even with maxed gear you will get killed a lot if there is lots of nasty mods or movement is too slow.

Well then that explains it. So how do you do 10 bosses, Sirus, Maven if you can't get a single hit....:D Just tried conqueror on 7 and seems neither dodge, nor evasion, nothing is present, basically you just die in a hit AND I do not deal enough damage with 5MIL or so on PoB.....wtf is this this league with builds....
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Feb 19, 2021, 4:46:56 AM
"

Well then that explains it. So how do you do 10 bosses, Sirus, Maven if you can't get a single hit....:D Just tried conqueror on 7 and seems neither dodge, nor evasion, nothing is present, basically you just die in a hit AND I do not deal enough damage with 5MIL or so on PoB.....wtf is this this league with builds....

You have to play by the book and avoid mechanics that kills you. You can take single hits every now and then yeah, but taking couple of hits in a row will most likely kill you.
More dps will ease things a lot, but wont make you any tougher.

Edit: Poacher's Mark on ring will make bossing much smoother due to high life gain on hit. Also try search life gain on hit while affected vitality Watcher's Eye.
Last edited by Muru69 on Feb 19, 2021, 6:37:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info