[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

Hi guys, the first of all is my first time here in PoE, this game is crazy as fuck, im enjoing so much.

Now thx for the guide, is so good explain, but here is my ASK/QUESTION maybe is someting i am missing probably because im new, but when i compare my PoB (https://pastebin.com/xW3cwb3V), when some of your PoB in my same stage of the game "early mapping" T5 the DPS that u got is near for a million or 2, and my DPS is not near 200k... where it comes this big difference if we got the same passive skills, and the same weapons...

I would be very grateful if some can take 5 min looking my PoB and explain what im doing wrong...

-https://pastebin.com/xW3cwb3V
"
peibolidon wrote:
Hi guys, the first of all is my first time here in PoE, this game is crazy as fuck, im enjoing so much.

Now thx for the guide, is so good explain, but here is my ASK/QUESTION maybe is someting i am missing probably because im new, but when i compare my PoB (https://pastebin.com/xW3cwb3V), when some of your PoB in my same stage of the game "early mapping" T5 the DPS that u got is near for a million or 2, and my DPS is not near 200k... where it comes this big difference if we got the same passive skills, and the same weapons...

I would be very grateful if some can take 5 min looking my PoB and explain what im doing wrong...

-https://pastebin.com/xW3cwb3V

Glad you're enjoying the game. Just remember you need a PhD to really understand how to make a build; every little detail can make a huge difference.

The first comment is that you're missing the changes to the configuration tab of PoB that make the numbers work. You need to go into the "Configuration" tab at the top left and make sure to check every item that applies:

• Steel Shards consumed = 4
  • Do you use frenzy charges
  • Have you used a movement skill recently
  • Projectile travel distance = 70 (see below re: Far Shot vs Point Blank)

As for things you are doing wrong, or other comments:

• Figure out how to max out your impale chance. You need another 20%.
  • You have two curses equipped but no source of additional curses. I always ran with Whispers of Doom anointed. By default you can only apply one curse and new ones override old ones.
  • At your level Raider is going to be much higher DPS with Avatar of the Chance and Avatar of the Slaughter. In fact, you've taken the frenzy charge nodes in the tree, but I don't see any reliable way of getting frenzy charges in your current build so they'll be doing nothing for you (Raider gives you reliable frenzy charges).
  • As long as you're using Beltimbers it's absolutely critical that you keep their extra projectiles up with a movement skill every 4 sec.
  • In 3.13, after I made this guide, there was a significant change to the way Far Shot works (which you get from Beltimber). It no longer works very well with Point Blank. This point deserves a whole paragraph, but basically Far Shot now cancels out Point Blank. In the current version, you're best off dropping Point Blank until you get rid of your Beltimbers and attacking from a long distance with Far Shot (screen edge is highest damage).
  • Absolutely best upgrade you can make, given the above, is to drop both Beltimbers for Paradoxica+The Saviour and then take Point Blank and start sitting on top of your target. Then if you want even more damage, add Pride aura since you will be up close. All this together will easily triple your effective damage, if not more. This is also the reason my build takes crit nodes: The Saviour needs to crit to work.
  • You should really add Flesh and Stone aura and keep it in sand stance by default (blood stance if you are feeling safe). This will reduce your chance to be hit by attacks from 22% to 3%. If you add Pride (see above) you may need to take this off, they increased the reservation cost since I made the guide.
  • Herald of Purity is not really that great for this build compared to Pride + Flesh and Stone. Obviously as long as you're using Far Shot, Pride won't be that great for you.

After making all these changes (including going to Raider and finishing your ascendancies, and excluding suggested upgrades), your damage shows as ~2.5M combined DPS.
Last edited by immcintosh on May 3, 2021, 12:24:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info