[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

critical damage or pierce for the 6th link ?

i'm running deadeye.

PoB says the crit damage is the better link for DPS.
If I were to go with the Kintsugi version, what would people say is the min budget to be comfortable with A8 Sirus, Maven, etc? I assume the main expenses would be rings/ammy?
Heya, cool guide! What would the gearing look like at league start? Is this a good league starter?
Heya, just want to talk about my experience with using this build for most of Ritual:

POB code: https://pastebin.com/1Ap4pDbT

I started out with a Galvanic Arrow Deadeye that wasn't particularly great, but it did the job until I amassed enough currency to buy a 6-link Perfect Form and get started with Lancing Steel.

From then on, I slowly started piecing things together. For reference, here's the more costly stuff I had to buy to reach my current 9.5mil DPS:

The Perfect Form - somewhere around 2-4ex
Paradoxica - 2-3ex (prices soared later)
The Saviour - ~50c
Crown of the Inward Eye with juicy enchant - 5ex
Rare basic bitch gloves - 1ex
Boots - Harvest-crafted
Prismatic Ring - Harvest-crafted
Steel Ring - 25ex
The Nomad, Studded Belt - 50c
Bottled Faith - Dropped (2-5ex this league)
Dying Sun - 40c
Watcher's Eye - 9ex
Anomalous Blood Rage - 9ex

Total estimated price (without calculating harvest price): 56-61ex
Total estimated price: (with the items I harvested): The same as above plus 10-30ex for the boots and also 10-30ex for the Prismatic Ring (I honestly don't know what their real value is :D)

I've got a few notes about these items:
- Paradoxica - Don't get one with "Trigger Level 1 Blood Rage on kill" on it like I did. It replaces your juiced up skill gem version of the skill veeeeery often. You can re-apply your own Blood rage, of course, but it's just annoying and one more thing to have to deal with. The more best-in-slot Paradoxicas are ~9ex.
- Prismatic Ring, harvest-crafted. Took about a month. I don't trade crafts, so it was a lot of running Haewark & Proxima to get it to where it is right now. The next step would be to remove the incr. cold damage and put some lightning resist on, enabling me to swap The Nomad with Ryslatha for another million dps.
- Steel Ring - I was flush enough to just yolo and buy it, because the second ring I was harvest-crafting for this build was taking too damn long.
- Watcher's Eye - I went for a different Watcher's Eye than the one the buildmaker suggests cause I don't have issues with mana (I have a leech node taken, but others could just get a bit of leech as a mod on gloves for the same effect), so I went for a Watcher's Eye that eases the restrictions on "life on hit" mods I needed to put on the rings. With this Watcher's Eye, I don't need to have two +20 life on hit mods on both rings, just one.
- Anomalous Blood Rage - absolute must. You don't have any regular way to generate Frenzy charges in fights like Sirus or [most of] the Maven, so this investment is absolutely necessary. Link it to a level 4 enhance support to increase the frenzy charge on hit chance to 4%. Keep in mind that, with all your flasks and crap on, you have a 4% chance per projectile to get a frenzy charge. With almost 100 projectiles hitting per second, you'll be swimming in charges pretty quickly.

If you've read this far but haven't checked out the POB build, here's some stats (as well as in-game crap I did with them):
- Life: 4.8k
- Life leech/on hit rate: 3.1k (more than enough)
- Total DPS inc. Impale: 9.596mil
- Mana leech/on hit rate: 935
- 7% chaos res!

- Did everything in the game, including Atzubi for the first time (using Yugul's power and Sibyl's Lament instead of the Steel Ring), The Feared invitation, Sirus 9, The Maven, blighted maps, 100% delirious maps, Oshabi, Chayula, Cortex and whatever other fancy things you can think about.
- With 9.5mil dps I'm downing Veritania just as fast as the gif on the first page does it with an alleged 40mil DPS. I'm not sure what is up with this build's POB but something smells a bit fishy. Don't mind that though, cause you don't need crazy delve-modded amulets and whatnot to get this build to awesome levels of performance! 9.5mil DPS is enough to do everything comfortably - you could probably achieve the same result with just 6-7mil DPS if you don't want to go so far with minmax upgrades.
- While I was being shady about the original build's POB, bear in mind my POB doesn't take into account stuff like damage from The Saviour's Reflections.
- I finished the league yesterday by hitting 37/40, my final goal for Ritual and all future leagues after I grinded my life away to 40/40 in Heist. I mentioned swapping belts for Ryslatha, which is something I definitely would've done if I still had challenges to work for. I abandoned the idea of doing the Thread of Hope thing cause it didn't feel necessary - I had enough DPS to do everything in the game, so why bother? It also would have really paid off if I was level 100, but I stopped grinding levels once I hit 95.

Now, general thoughts on the build itself:
- It's a lot of fun, I enjoyed playing with it. It's OP af, worked great for Rituals, and is just generally well-rounded for all content.
- Very few weaknesses. Stupid Volatile Flamebloods come to mind, as well as physical reflect. I had to also run Dash cause not being able to climb hills with Whirling Blades is a mega-bummer. Most other dangerous stuff become irrelevant when you hit the higher damage thresholds and can just skip mechanics altogether.
- This build will likely get a bit more expensive with Harvest now becoming lobotomized. Expect to dish out a lot more for the rings (thankfully, the amulet can just be Carnage Heart instead of fancy shmancy redeemer onyx amulet)
- You can't really see your skill's projectiles that well, and the only MTX for lancing steel is a boring-ass "holy" projectile one, so don't expect to look like the dankest nerd with this build.
- Would I recommend playing this? Right now, yes, it's awesome (especially if you bring it down to a more achievable level like I did). I don't know how accessible it'll be for the average joe without Harvest, unfortunately, so expect to invest something like 100ex to git gud with it next league.

Hit me up if anyone's got more questions about this knife-throwing beast.
What would you guys reccomend for leveling? I usually do a minion builds so I'm so unfamiliar with all the ranger skills tbh, and I'm having a rough time on what skills I should use around lvl 30 and beyond.
"
Devastaetion wrote:
Heya, just want to talk about my experience with using this build for most of Ritual:

Hit me up if anyone's got more questions about this knife-throwing beast.

This build saved me from quitting the league. i had started and stopped 3 builds before this one and was going to give up. I think my build and experience was similar to yours , but my gear was not nearly as good. i found this to be a really good armor.

Flat damage addition is pretty key.

the build absolutely crushes t14/t15 maps even with less than full investment. Savior is key. Also i noticed a distinct difference between level 20 gems and level 20/20% quality gems. It was very surprising. Also someone in my guild gave me gem exp and boosted my awakened vicious projectiles to level 5.

Getting that life-gain-on-hit maxed out is critical. That saves you a LOT.

I did have a lot of trouble NOT dying in t16 alch-and-go. Not exactly sure why (maybe because i wasn't using perfect form ?). Part of it was definitely end-of-league no fucks to give. lol.

Generally though i think the build is really fun, and i enjoyed it. This is the absolute perfect build for savior. No way would i run it without one.

I didn't run blood rage at all. it's too much work to keep it going. lol.

I got very lucky this league and was able to sink about 12-15 ex into this build (that's the best i've ever done in a league - i'm a casual player :-). I'm not at all sure how good it would have been without that much to invest.

Also most builds are OP AF if you put 50 ex into them like you did. lol. still you did a really nice job of min-maxing.

if i had any sense i'd run this build next league. It levels super-smooth and has a nice investment ramp. I just like switching up builds too much, though, so i'll probably play something else.

"
plasticeyes wrote:

This build saved me from quitting the league. i had started and stopped 3 builds before this one and was going to give up. I think my build and experience was similar to yours , but my gear was not nearly as good. i found this to be a really good armor.

Flat damage addition is pretty key.

the build absolutely crushes t14/t15 maps even with less than full investment. Savior is key. Also i noticed a distinct difference between level 20 gems and level 20/20% quality gems. It was very surprising. Also someone in my guild gave me gem exp and boosted my awakened vicious projectiles to level 5.

Getting that life-gain-on-hit maxed out is critical. That saves you a LOT.

I did have a lot of trouble NOT dying in t16 alch-and-go. Not exactly sure why (maybe because i wasn't using perfect form ?). Part of it was definitely end-of-league no fucks to give. lol.

Generally though i think the build is really fun, and i enjoyed it. This is the absolute perfect build for savior. No way would i run it without one.

I didn't run blood rage at all. it's too much work to keep it going. lol.

I got very lucky this league and was able to sink about 12-15 ex into this build (that's the best i've ever done in a league - i'm a casual player :-). I'm not at all sure how good it would have been without that much to invest.

Also most builds are OP AF if you put 50 ex into them like you did. lol. still you did a really nice job of min-maxing.

if i had any sense i'd run this build next league. It levels super-smooth and has a nice investment ramp. I just like switching up builds too much, though, so i'll probably play something else.

Yeah, Saviour is awesome and this is one of those few builds where you can really feel the effect of quality on gems!

With regards to T16 dying, I guess The Perfect Form does account for quite a bit of protection, but the best protection I had was killing everything before it managed to even try and hit me. This is of course more complicated when maps are delirious and whatnot, but for things like a regular ritual in a T16 map, unless there were some disgusting Nemesis mods, everything died as it spawned.

With that said, I can't stress enough how useful Blood Rage is (and for bosses, the Anomalous one is a beast). Aside from just giving you a boatload of damage (which kills monsters even faster, with few of them making it to you), the attack speed imo is an even bigger boost. As long as you're leeching mana well enough (even a 0.4% mana leech node will do), you're dishing out knives like... one would dish out knives in a knife fight? Well, even more knives than in that situation. All these knives absolutely obliterate everything on the screen. It's awesome.

I'd be tempted to run this build next league as well, if I, as well, didn't enjoy switching builds (Cyclone being the only skill I ever built two chars around). I was going for the ol' Bleed Bow Gladiator for 3.14, but the bleed changes sorta' made the build more trouble than it's worth. I'd go for Lancing Steel again, but it's so much more expensive to get to where I got in 3.13 without Harvest... And I don't even know how to begin dealing with Flesh & Stone eating up 10% more mana, I was already crunching the mana numbers hard!

If you do go for Lancing Steel in Ultimatum, let me know how it turns out the second time!
slower projectile could be exchange with chain because chain + life gained on hit are you just busted and mapping is much faster so.
For boss fights you can for more dps change to increased crit dmg or slower projecile

Next thing is i have Mana problems someone else too?
My fast solution was to inested 2 skill point in mana leech notes, the +2 mana gained on hit makes it so that you have always full mana
I think a mana flask should do it too

Then by the ring why don t use a elder ring with +20 life gained on hit + curse enemies with poacher's mark on hit?

Last a short question, when i don t have the attoinment whsiper of doom or whindshriek boots then i can do only one mark right?

Last thing leveling it is not better to level this with two handed weapon and then later for early mapping terminus of east till we have beltimber?
Last edited by Nobody7090 on Apr 16, 2021, 4:55:56 AM
"
Nobody7090 wrote:
slower projectile could be exchange with chain because chain + life gained on hit are you just busted and mapping is much faster so.
For boss fights you can for more dps change to increased crit dmg or slower projecile

Next thing is i have Mana problems someone else too?
My fast solution was to inested 2 skill point in mana leech notes, the +2 mana gained on hit makes it so that you have always full mana
I think a mana flask should do it too

Then by the ring why don t use a elder ring with +20 life gained on hit + curse enemies with poacher's mark on hit?

Last a short question, when i don t have the attoinment whsiper of doom or whindshriek boots then i can do only one mark right?

Last thing leveling it is not better to level this with two handed weapon and then later for early mapping terminus of east till we have beltimber?

I ran the mana leech node for a while as well, after I swapped my gloves (which had % of damage leeched as mana), but then I didn't need that anymore once I managed to get Poacher's Mark on a ring. That plus whatever little mana regen I have (14.6) was enough to keep me going.

With regards to the ring, the only reason the one you mentioned (with curse and +20 life on hit) would not see use would be just cause it's hard/expensive to get. If you check my POB above you'll see I'm still leeching quite enough health without having another +20life on hit on my second ring.

Without Whispers of Doom yes, you would only be able to apply one mark.

For levelling, do whatever gets you to maps, then buy a Beltimber - those end up going as low as 3c after league start, and keep the Beltimers until you can switch to Saviour and Paradoxica (which might actually be buffed this league with the veiled mods rework!)
Decided to start with this build in Ultimatum. It is super good and becomes ridiculously insane after upgrading with The Saviour. Super cheap at the beginning (20 c and you're good to go with current prices) and can be scaled almost indefinetly. Thank you for awesome build on my favorite ascendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info