[3.12] Guardian Support. 17 auras. Super tanky, insane damage & defense boost.

Works for me.

Are you using the community fork PoB ?
Hi, Im new to poe. so I downloaded the pob and it looks like not all the points were used. Is it normal? or I just use that as a starting point? Thanks.
"
miyavi0924 wrote:
Hi, Im new to poe. so I downloaded the pob and it looks like not all the points were used. Is it normal? or I just use that as a starting point? Thanks.

It is probably because there are 2 different versions of PoB. The old version which is no longer being updated and the so called "community fork". This is the new version that does get updated. I am pretty new to it all myself though, so i don't know all the details. Just make sure you have the community fork yourself and if anything you download doesn't work, blame it on this. :)

So yes, in the state that you download it, it seems you need to complete it yourself. A page or so back you can see 2 PoBs that i uploaded where i completed it a bit. I spent like 15 minutes on those though, so they are absolutely not optimized in details yet. They are not intended to be perfected builds that you just copy. You can use those as suggestions of what direction to go.

If you are truly new to PoE though, this build might not be what you want to do. It is a full support build that cannot play solo. This is used only at the highest levels of play where people play in teams. I dont know if there is much opportunity for solo players to find a job as a support character. If you do have a group of friends, this could be interesting of course.

A ton of people are playing builds that run 13-15 auras and also do damage themselves. These builds are possibly the most OP build out there at this moment, and they are still supporting another player with 13 auras. That is much more versatile. These builds being so popular also makes them rather expensive. They start at 50 exalted orbs minimum and prices of many parts are still rising rapidly. So if you are new and like most new players find it challenging to gather currency, an aura build might not be the best thing to start now.

Building one that is specialized purely in supporting others but can't play solo will provide a relatively small improvement in support for the other player. (those that do 100% delirium maps in 30s with 6 player teams where everyone has a specialized role might laugh at that statement, but that is the extreme end of high level play that we, as new players can't expect to reach in the first league we play)

If you do think you can gather 50-100exalt minimum and you want an aura build that can play solo (and still is a very good help for other players in your team) i would advise you to read snellious' thread here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2978034

Personally i am also pretty new, but i do have 1 friend that i consistently play with and our goal is to do these 100% delirium maps together with high magic find. So i am to be the aura supplier and he is to be the magic find DD.
I currently have build my character according to snellious' guide i linked. It can play solo, and it multiplies my budies damage output by 6. With his magic find gear he would do little damage without me though. As it is now, we both do about equal damage. Because we are doing this i know quite damn well how much better i could support him. (and this is what i intent to do in the future when his build is more completed) I am currently giving him a dozen aura's at 268% increased effect which ne needs to increase to 300% himself so that he gets 12x4 = 48% physical damage reduction. If i would specialize my build more like this one, i could provide him 17 auras at 300% so he would get 17x4 = 68% physical damage reduction without having to do anything for it himself. He would also do a bit more damage because of the extra auras. That is however only meaningful when you play with a friend who also has a specialized build that has nearly no defenses of himself. If you play with someone who has a build that can play solo already, a solo-aurastacker build like snellious' will make that player totally OP.
Specializing both players is pretty much only for optimizing magic find, which is something that is only useful if you are running maps that you spend several exalts on juicing, if you are not doing that, being faster is more helpful than MF.
Last edited by NonExistingName on Nov 4, 2020, 9:03:03 AM
It helps me a lot!!! Now I need to spend some time looking into this build.

Thank you so much for your time and the explanation NonExistingName.
"
Works for me.

Are you using the community fork PoB ?

I tryed too but is not working
Anybody tried this in 3.13?
"
Rakio wrote:
Anybody tried this in 3.13?

So this version of Aura Support can still be made, but every league that ggg nerfs everything involved in Aura (Clusters, Gems, Gear, etc) this version is being outdated and not that strong, so I would suggest you going ascendant instead of Guardian. I might try do a guide (Not sure if i'll be able tho).

Just in case, i give you a PoB here: https://pastebin.com/hsZYiw6W
You can see all the clusters in the items section, in the tree are bugged, but they still in the item section.
Yep I guess ascendant is better now,I tried another build dat league but I theory craft too based on dat one

https://pastebin.com/ArrPkPPs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info