[3.12] Guardian Support. 17 auras. Super tanky, insane damage & defense boost.

Ah cool, in that case it seems like a good plan to make sure i have 3 endurance charges on this char. (and use the 3000 armor flask)
And another question

At 200% +aura effect and 17 aura's i will have 51 physical damage reduction.

How does that work with break points and rounding ?
How much physical reduction will i have on for example 155% aura effect or 195% aura effect ?

Edit: OK i found out with PoB. You need to hit the breakpoints.
Whats worse though is that the aura's in the body armor dont affect you and thus dont provide physical reduction for yourself.

Changing the enemy hit damage to a more realistic 5000 laves physical reduction at about 65%. Could become 77% when using enduring cry for 3 endurance charges (which honestly sucks to use since the last nerf).

In my testing so far it really annoys me to have this energy shield that doesn't recharge while you are taking damage and no other way to regenrate. The entent of this build is to run trough the toughest content at break neck speed after all, not to hold back and have your DD run off while you wait for your energy shield to start recharging. I must admit i'm not yet convinced about all this.

I was trying this build because i imagined it to be superior to the ethereal knives / arc solo aura build everyone is running. Superior at least in survivability and potentially in the damage your buddy can do compared to what you could do yourself. And maybe viable on a lesser budget and lower character level. I am starting to doubt any of this is even true and if this build really has any advantages over the solo build. But ill experiment a bit more. I am going to build the solo build as well.
Last edited by NonExistingName on Oct 27, 2020, 9:11:06 PM
"
AllMud55 wrote:
I loaded up the first POB (normal budget gear) into the POB fork and it's just shy of using every aura, has it listed as -5 mana reserved. Is there an aura active that normally wouldn't be on 100% of the time?

Change the intuitive leap for a jewel with -1% reserved. I suspect it is there by mistake as the 2 nodes leading to the skills in question are actually assigned. And it also makes little sense in a build that needs socket slots so badly.

I also think it might be worth looking into the option to remove all small cluster jewels and put 1% reserved there instead. Will also make the mana situation work with much less skill points needed. Of course it sacrifices some other bonusses as well, but gives you passive points to work with and probably regain much more.

One option i could think of is using those points to purposely run "bad" medium jewels with more than 4 or 5 nodes and spend them on extra 6% aura effect points in order to maybe get the all above 200% so you get that extra phys reduct there as well as the 90% allres. Another option i could think of is to get a third large cluster jewel in the build. Potentially sacrificing The Unnatural Calm notable and all points around it to free up another 8 skill points. (at a very significant cost obviously which im not sure is worth it. I am still experimenting)
Last edited by NonExistingName on Oct 27, 2020, 9:32:55 PM
it is not more survivable than the arc/ek aura stack guardian as a lot of your auras dont even work for you. https://pastebin.com/9tuw3mfS is the budget pob for my guide and that has 90% resists, almost 1000es regen and 90% pdr at level 78
Cool, thanks. I have been looking at your character info a bit already as well.

To be fair towards the guide of this thread: The physical defence is pretty much comparable. In PoB, i always change enemy hit damage to 5000 because i believe that is much more representative of the situations that matter (What damage average white mobs do is not interesting.) and thus gives a beter representation of what armor does for you. Both builds have pretty much the same pdef under that condition.

I am liking the idea of having a constant ES recharge though.

Have you tried EK as well, and if so, what makes you choose arc ?
Last edited by NonExistingName on Oct 28, 2020, 7:45:22 AM
"
Cool, thanks. I have been looking at your character info a bit already as well.

To be fair towards the guide of this thread: The physical defence is pretty much comparable. In PoB, i always change enemy hit damage to 5000 because i believe that is much more representative of the situations that matter (What damage average white mobs do is not interesting.) and thus gives a beter representation of what armor does for you. Both builds have pretty much the same pdef under that condition.

I am liking the idea of having a constant ES recharge though.

Have you tried EK as well, and if so, what makes you choose arc ?

without pierce ek feels bad, didnt realise that when i tried it. knowing that id prob try to fit voidbringers in for ek... arc has really good single target (compaired to ek)
I took the freedom to complete / adjust the passive tree and export it to pastebin.

For me it seems to open correctly in community fork POB.
https://pastebin.com/impc5sUQ

What i did was:
-Remove all small cluster jewels, replace by -1% RMR jewels
-Replace one grand cluster by a (affordable 7 node) Voices.
-Replace All 4 5-node medium cluster jewels by 6 node ones.
-Add one extra 6 node medium cluster. (randomly doubled one of the existing ones, might be suboptimal)
-Fill in the missing ascendancy skills with what seems sensible to me.

This causes you to surpass 200% aura effect for all aura's, resulting in 90% all res and 90% physical reduction even against 5000 dmg attacks. (with flask and 3 endurance charges)

I personally still don't like the concept of having to wait for ES to start recharging, but that might be a personal thing. Maybe if i'd have this build complete (i am play testing with an incomplete version of it) it would be less of an issue as i would take less damage and thus need to recharge less often.

Edit:
I have now also made an adjustment where i worked the boots out of the bulid so that, ES can regenerate.
https://pastebin.com/UrX2f58F

I did the following to make this possible:
-Increased RMR on amulet from 5 to 7 (costs 6ex)
-changed the second large cluster to a 7 node voices.
-removed Unnatural Calm and acompanying ES nodes to free 8 skill points.
-Hooked up a few more socket nodes to add RMR jewels
-Added Zealot's oath
-Swapped Vitality and Malevolence Gems

From here, you could regain the lost ES nodes by spending big bucks on:
-RMR corrupted Intuitive leap (75ex for 3 passive skills)
-Changing 7 node Voices to 5 node voices (37ex per passive)

I have however left the boot spot open. Getting good ES boots there will also easily make up for the lost ES from the sacrificed passives.

Another note: The build wastes 2 points into 30str nodes. This is absolutely unneeded as it is easy to get str (and dex) on every -1RMR jewel in the build. So there's another 2 passive points available to make things easier.
Last edited by NonExistingName on Oct 29, 2020, 7:45:07 AM
"
I took the freedom to complete / adjust the passive tree and export it to pastebin.

I have done few adjustement:

https://pastebin.com/tgcJHYtt

So I keept the small Clusters, 2 voices.

Add an AG, with Victario's Flight, may be a king maker and a garb of the ephemaral for more support

far from finished tree, just a plan for the next days, here is a lvl 92 so still some points to put for some ES

EDIT: change the medium clusters

https://pastebin.com/AzcVX23b

pretty much same price but more effectives ones
Last edited by Salus_99 on Nov 1, 2020, 4:26:08 AM
"
Salus_99 wrote:
"

I have done few adjustement:

https://pastebin.com/tgcJHYtt

So I keept the small Clusters, 2 voices.

Add an AG, with Victario's Flight, may be a king maker and a garb of the ephemaral for more support

far from finished tree, just a plan for the next days, here is a lvl 92 so still some points to put for some ES

EDIT: change the medium clusters

https://pastebin.com/AzcVX23b

pretty much same price but more effectives ones

Interesting things i didnt know about yet.
That garb, how do you get the stats for that ?
Does it build up charges while active (unlike vaal skills) and is it reasonably possible to keep it up pretty much all the time ?
pastebin broken or what? none of your links work guys :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info