[3.12] Sword & Board Smite Juggernaut - D3 Style (All Uniques!), Fast, Tanky, Fun, Cheap to Start

"
Ahh so it does

Ya, think about it, all I am doing is casting Protector instead of regular Warchief.

If I were running regular Warchief, it would be weird if I wouldn't be able to cast Vaal Warchief at the same time.

Gotta keep in mind even though regular and vaal skills are merged into one gem, they are still 2 separate skills.

It would be less confusing I think if I were just running a Vaal Ancestral Warchief, without the regular skill attached. Then I feel common sense would kick in and immediately give you that "AHH YES! makes sense"
Last edited by corosou on Oct 15, 2020, 2:11:38 PM
I mean...I didn't even see after all these years Vaal Warchief grants +1 totem while up XD
3.12 Update: Regarding Single Target DPS

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to show you what Single Target DPS is looking on a plain T16 Minotaur:

Here's the gear and skills I ran for that:

Just noticed that I could have gone with Ahn's shield for perma Onslaught and that would have given me a bit more DPS, since Esh's is not much use on a boss.

Here's the Metamorph after Minotaur:

Also, here's a Blight T16 tanky boss that popped during that same run:

I think this is pretty respectable Single Target and frankly, I am not sure I will be able to squeeze much more out of this guy without going rares and we all know I am NOT going rares.

Either way, I'm always looking for ways to optimize, so maybe I'll find some more, but I'm pretty happy with these results for an all uniques build.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Oct 16, 2020, 11:08:00 PM
3.12 Quick Update: Heist Flask Combo

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. I'm testing this combo in Heist and it feels pretty nice!

It's a bit less DPS than Lion's + Cinder, but it gives us 75% chance to block and 30% spell block:

And combined with Overflowing, it's up pretty much all the time. Since it has a pretty short duration, you want to pop it right before the onslaught of mobs after opening a heist door.

Also, since we are a Jugg with Unstoppable, we are immune to "Petrified":

It was only 30c for an almost perfect roll.

Give it a shot! I think you might like the added tankyness.

EDIT: Also a friend suggested the original Mistwall, but the Replica is amazing! Gets us to max spell block:

Sadly without having any life, it dropped me to 4.8k :(

Anyway for those looking for max block/spell block, this is your solution.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 17, 2020, 8:57:39 AM
3.12 Quick Update: Regarding Replica Farrul's Fur

Hi Guys,

I just got this, so haven't even started testing, but I wanted to share this with you because I suspect this is going to feel amazing for bossing and since it's the start of the weekend I wanted to give you all a chance to join in on the fun:

15ex
2ex + 40 beast

The idea is to swap at bosses like Sirus:

Inpulsa's > Farrul's
Taming > Cat Rare ring

I know I know... A rare ring, but really there's just NO OTHER CHOICE! Farrul's helmet doesn't have any dexterity at all for Paradoxica requirements and gives us way too much cold resistance that breaks Wise Oak.

I feel this is a small compromise for what may result in solving FOREVER the issues with single target.

Anyway, stay tuned for the results of testing and if you decide to join me in it, best of luck with your own results!

EDIT: Interesting... this is showing in my PoB as the highest DPS option below Esh's with 50mob bonus:

8c

Very very weird... Looking forward to testing!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 17, 2020, 9:54:40 AM
Great detail build with a bunch of unique variations! (Unique build indeed).

Love the way you keep updating the build. Will try out your build real soon!
"
tqkviptqk wrote:
Great detail build with a bunch of unique variations! (Unique build indeed).

Love the way you keep updating the build. Will try out your build real soon!

Thanks! ;)

Stay tuned cuz A big update is coming!!

Working on a Max Block Gladiator Crit version of this. Looking pretty good so far...

Maybe be ready by the weekend.

GL

what a messy guide... honestly my dude I gave up the build only because I have to sort all the information by myself ...

You put all the item in one section, no descriptions just a bin full of all the items ...

And I still take time to log in to put this message... because you seems motivated to publish some guide but Jesus, the point of a guide is to make players life easier... no ?
"
Cormus wrote:
what a messy guide... honestly my dude I gave up the build only because I have to sort all the information by myself ...

You put all the item in one section, no descriptions just a bin full of all the items ...

And I still take time to log in to put this message... because you seems motivated to publish some guide but Jesus, the point of a guide is to make players life easier... no ?

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't make things too easy on purpose. I quit this game the first time around because I couldn't figure it out. Came back a league or two later and after a lot of time and a lot of struggle, I slowly started to understand the game.

Anyway, point is that I believe the struggle is a great teacher. Now days things are made so much easier just by the very existence of Path of Building, that I actually feel I provide too much help.

I feel giving you anything past:

1) A tested/imported from real gear PoB export that shows you what effects I was going.

2) Lots of gear options for you to try to see what you like.

3) Lots of videos so you can judge for yourself whether the build is BS or not and if you like what you see while it's being played

Is already more than enough, but I understand how daunting this game can feel at times. I've been at it for many years and still learn new things almost every day.

All I can say is I've given you all the information you need to enjoy the build. If that isn't enough for you, or it isn't presented in a manner easy for you to digest, well then I suggest a build guide designed for new players or designed by someone who likes hand-holding people through every step of the process.

My approach is more to let you figure things out on your own and experiment, cuz I honestly feel that that is a HUGE part of the game. And considering the literal endless variability of builds that there can be in this game, I feel it's a shame for people not to try things out on their own, and maybe become build makers themselves. That's how I got started...

What I would like is for people to examine what I put out there, take the parts they like, drop the parts they don't, and make something that fits their own playstyle.

Either way, GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 21, 2020, 5:41:24 PM
3.12 Major Update - Dual Wielding and Critical Strike

Hi Guys,

In a previous post I mentioned I was working on a Gladiator Max block Crit version. Well that's done and test completed. Works OK, but really Gladiator I just cannot make work. Too squishy to make out of all uniques. Got to like 4.2k life.

But, not everything was a loss as it helped me understand how to go about scaling with Critical Strikes instead of Elemental Overload, which doesn't appear like a huge DPS up, but just feels so much better and guarantees the application of all ailments, which is what we need, plus who doesn't like the idea of Dual Wielding these two:

So, here's the rest of the gear:

Not a cheap variant by any means, but damned fun!

https://pastebin.com/y37axj3i

Just goes to show you can make massive changes in a build and still make it work, so go out there and run your own experiments!

I'll post some videos soon...

EDIT: Here's a quick video:

Youtube: Smite Jugg - 82 Heist (Lockpicking 5)

EDIT2: Doh! Just noticed I'm still wearing a Shield jewel lol... ohh well. Looking for a replacement now

EDIT3: Forgot to mention that in order to calculate the DPS properly, I had to add "100% more attack damage" as a mod to "Saviour":

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 22, 2020, 9:36:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info