[3.12] Sword & Board Smite Juggernaut - D3 Style (All Uniques!), Fast, Tanky, Fun, Cheap to Start

3.12 Quick Video Update!

Just a quick video of a Level 83 Lockingpicking(4) Heist:

Youtube: 83 Heist (Lockpicking 4)

You can see I take my time and kill everything on my way out, even screwed around at the end trying to sort a bit of loot and almost got smoked lol...

Either way, no prisoners were taken! ;)

GL

**EDIT: noticed there's something wrong with the audio in this video. I'll record a better one some other time.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 29, 2020, 6:53:18 PM
Fuck me this is probably the weirdest build I've seen regarding the skilltree. Now I just have to try it.
"
werchiel wrote:
Fuck me this is probably the weirdest build I've seen regarding the skilltree. Now I just have to try it.

Hehe, that's what I am going for:

Different, enticing, yet fully curated, tested and verified.

Though, I hadn't thought, until now, there was anything strange about the tree...

What do you find weird about it? Besides maybe the 3 points to the best mana node in all of PoE ;) or selecting Panopticon as the Anoint.

I do build in isolation, as I rarely look at other people's builds and don't really watch streamers, except right before league starts. I also avoid Cluster Jewels on purpose, as I feel they are a crutch and you can make any build good by stacking them. So, I'll concede my pathing may appear a little unconventional ;)

But keep in mind the constraints of working with Uniques only. It means you have to get creative with tree pathing. I've made quite a few melee builds, so I have a fair sense of how to make one work, but I always let the game itself tell me, through thorough testing, whether or not my crazy ideas will work or not, and so, you could somewhat say the game itself dictates the tree pathing.

For Smite I could somewhat tell from the get go I was gonna be able to make something happen with it. It felt great with little investment, and the more I spent, the better it got.

I hope it serves you well, as I see you're already leveling a Marauder.

GL!
3.12 Quick Video Update!

Ok, guys, first Sirus (zero) down deathless:

Youtube: Smite Jugg - Sirus 0 (First Try, Deathless)

As you can see I forgot to put on Ryslatha's Pantheon to refill life flask, so I had to rely on Enduring Cry healing a few times there, which btw is pretty much a perma-life flask every 8 seconds.

The DPS is as expected not 1-shotting Sirus, but I still don't have Elemental Weakness, so that will improve and I also forgot to swap Blood Rage for Frenzy, so I had no Frenzy charges at all during that fight.

Notice how much Onslaught, from Ahn's shield + Devoto's MS help out getting out of the maze. I don't run a Quicksilver, as I'm sure you've noticed.

For this attempt I ran with Awaken Added Lightning + Ruthless.

Personally, I feel pretty happy with this result, considering it's a Jugg scaling DPS off of number of mobs around.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Sep 30, 2020, 10:17:30 PM
"
Though, I hadn't thought, until now, there was anything strange about the tree...

What do you find weird about it? Besides maybe the 3 points to the best mana node in all of PoE ;) or selecting Panopticon as the Anoint.

I do build in isolation, as I rarely look at other people's builds and don't really watch streamers, except right before league starts. I also avoid Cluster Jewels on purpose, as I feel they are a crutch and you can make any build good by stacking them. So, I'll concede my pathing may appear a little unconventional

Hey man, I didn't mean that in a bad way, I've just never seen a jugg pathing all the way on the left then wrapping back to EO and forgoing two life nodes near bloodless for the sake of 10 str. Unless maybe in a str-stacking build. But I get it - you're likely starved for skill points. And you might be correct in saying that looking at other people's builds yuo tend to fall into a certain loop. And then looking at a pathing like that does feel refreshing. A bit off meta maybe. But that's by no means a bad thing. Shit - it might be THE thing since if you get stuck in thinking something is meta you may not consider other things. Ah I'm rumbling now.

Anyways maybe I haven't played D3 (more than maybe 10 hours that is) but I spent hundreds of hours in D2 and the idea of playing a smiter again (yeah ok, the skill is completely different there - go away and don't ruin my dayreaming) does fell pleasant. I will level this up soon as I have some time - yesterday I only managed to get to level 7 - what a powertrip that is.

I do have a question - how does clear feel before inpulsa? We all know how equping this item can change any build into an inpulsa build, but does it feel good before getting it? My drops this league have been horrible - not even a single exalt so shelling out 5ex ain't something I'll do anytime soon. Maybe I dunno infernal cry for early clear?
Last edited by werchiel on Oct 1, 2020, 2:32:49 AM
"
werchiel wrote:
Hey man, I didn't mean that in a bad way, I've just never seen a jugg pathing all the way on the left then wrapping back to EO and forgoing two life nodes near bloodless for the sake of 10 str. Unless maybe in a str-stacking build. But I get it - you're likely starved for skill points. And you might be correct in saying that looking at other people's builds yuo tend to fall into a certain loop. And then looking at a pathing like that does feel refreshing. A bit off meta maybe. But that's by no means a bad thing. Shit - it might be THE thing since if you get stuck in thinking something is meta you may not consider other things. Ah I'm rumbling now.

Anyways maybe I haven't played D3 (more than maybe 10 hours that is) but I spent hundreds of hours in D2 and the idea of playing a smiter again (yeah ok, the skill is completely different there - go away and don't ruin my dayreaming) does fell pleasant. I will level this up soon as I have some time - yesterday I only managed to get to level 7 - what a powertrip that is.

I do have a question - how does clear feel before inpulsa? We all know how equping this item can change any build into an inpulsa build, but does it feel good before getting it? My drops this league have been horrible - not even a single exalt so shelling out 5ex ain't something I'll do anytime soon. Maybe I dunno infernal cry for early clear?

No no, I didn't take it as you saying something negative at all, was just curious what you thought was weird. Two points through Bloodless is as you say, just starved for points and I am targeting 98 as the final point for the build, so once I get that, I may path through those two life nodes.

If you notice, the tree branches all end in a notable or jewel slot, except "life and mana leech", which is absolutely required, since I can't fit in -mana cost items. I tested with +2 mana on hit on every jewel slot + Mana Flow + Righteous Decree and STILL was running out of mana, but funnily enough that little "life and mana leech" solves everything! So... point is, currently, there's nothing I can drop to path through Bloodless ;)

You didn't miss much with D3...

The clear before Inpulsa's was fine for a starting build. I ran with my little 15c 6L chest for a good while and I hadn't even considered Inpulsa's initially, but it just made sense once I considered it.

You can certainly try Infernal Cry, but I didn't feel clear speed lacking. The overlapping damage of Smite's AoE really does a great job, but if you really wanted an easy way to get explosions early, you could put on a pair of Hemophilia gloves from lvl 43 on. They provide 25% chance to bleed, but you can also add Chance to Bleed and that 50% combined with Multi-strike, should be enough for constant explosions.

GL leveling!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 1, 2020, 9:24:27 AM
3.12 Update: Issues with PoB Export

I'm not exactly sure what they changed in the last PoB patch, but if you import the PoB from main page now you'll only see around 5.1M DPS:

Extremely frustrating situation because looking at the PoB changelog I don't see any change that could have caused this.

:(
Last edited by corosou on Oct 1, 2020, 3:11:16 PM
Hi, this build looks fun af but, in a scale of 1 to 10 how tanky is this build? Is the only thing holding me back to try it.
Last edited by N1ko0lea on Oct 1, 2020, 5:54:51 PM
"
N1ko0lea wrote:
Hi, this build looks fun af but, in a scale of 1 to 10 how tanky is this build? Is the only thing holding me back to try it.

Hi, thanks for checking it out!

That's what I post videos for, for you to judge for yourself ;)

In the Dark Forest one you can see me standing on purpose in the middle of a huge pack of T16 Delirium mobs with double elemental damage.

In T16 Minotaur, you can see me take a walk through rockfall and his electric fence without much worry.

In 83 Heist, you can see me face tank every pack.

But if you still need me to spell it out:

7 Endurance Charges and 79/78/78 Max resists when out of Charges
Shock immunity
Bleed immunity
~20K Armour
Fast AF
Elemental Weakness Capped
High Flask Uptime
Endless-Life Flask every 8 seconds through Enduring Cry healing

It's pretty damned tanky... When you run your first Uber Lab fully geared you'll see what I mean ;)

GL

EDIT: Can you think of something I could record in-game that would answer your question about how tanky the build is?

EDIT 2: OK OK... I think I got something for you! ;)

How about face tanking two of these chumps at the same time?

Notice the buff bar and you can see they didn't even break through the whole Vaal Molten Shell shield.
Last edited by corosou on Oct 1, 2020, 6:52:32 PM
Well shit I hate that boss so you've convinced me really easy. Now is time to get a 4R1B1G inpulsa
Last edited by N1ko0lea on Oct 1, 2020, 7:11:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info