[3.12] Sword & Board Smite Juggernaut - D3 Style (All Uniques!), Fast, Tanky, Fun, Cheap to Start

hi sir, very nice build!

im SSF what would be the replacement for paradoxica, the shield.
i have 6l inpulsa and some other stuff so im dfine on that point.

also have u considered going full block with Gblows? were very close and around all the shield nodes aswell.

ty for asnwer take care
"
SweeperÆBusk wrote:
hi sir, very nice build!

im SSF what would be the replacement for paradoxica, the shield.
i have 6l inpulsa and some other stuff so im dfine on that point.

also have u considered going full block with Gblows? were very close and around all the shield nodes aswell.

ty for asnwer take care

Hi! Thanks for the kind words.

The replacement for Paradoxica is Rebuke of the Vaal. Besides that... a Prismatic? Not really sure... SSF is tough for an all uniques build. Just import your toon into PoB and copy paste any nice weapons you find into your build to find upgrades.

For shield thankfully all the lowbie unique ones work fine, but if you can get a Lycosidae, you'd be set!

I have not considered full block. I feel tanky enough as it is, so not looking for more survivability.

Feel free to try it yourself, if you'd like, and let us know the results.

GL!
are u always using dmg on full life?? even against bosses?

and btw ichimonji feels rly good until the paradoxica drops
"
SweeperÆBusk wrote:
are u always using dmg on full life?? even against bosses?

and btw ichimonji feels rly good until the paradoxica drops

No... Please read in detail the text right below "Current gear and skills" where I say when and where to use DoFL.

But if you don't like it altogether, just use Ruthless.

EDIT: A yeah Ichimonji is another option! thanks )

GL
Last edited by corosou on Oct 10, 2020, 12:51:35 PM
Hi,

I got my hands on a +2 Aura, +2 Duration Shadowstitch and was looking around for a smite build I could try. Looks as though a big part of your build is the Inpulsa clear, how do you think it would play without that? Do you think the build could work with Herald of Ice for clear, any recommendations you could make for adjustments in that direction?
"
Bweeoop wrote:
Hi,

I got my hands on a +2 Aura, +2 Duration Shadowstitch and was looking around for a smite build I could try. Looks as though a big part of your build is the Inpulsa clear, how do you think it would play without that? Do you think the build could work with Herald of Ice for clear, any recommendations you could make for adjustments in that direction?

Should work fine. I've done lightning to cold conversion with Lightning Strike + HoI in the past, so it should work fine with Smite too, but you'll probably want to go Crit instead of elemental overload.

Also, I am not 100%, but as I understand it, explosions stack, so having HoI + Inpulsa's is not a bad thing, but check wiki or with someone who knows for sure.

There are also explody chests and the cheapest explosion option Haemophilia gloves, should also work fine.

Either way, Inpulsa's isn't a required item.

EDIT: actually, check poe.ninja builds for Smite as main skill. There's a player called "casualty1337" who has two Smite characters (a Raider and a Slayer) which I suspect are based on this build but are using full rares and crit.

I can't speak to the viability of these setups and I don't know this person, but they seem to know what they are doing, so could be a good place for ideas.

GL

Last edited by corosou on Oct 11, 2020, 8:11:11 PM
3.12 Update: Regarding Rebuke vs Paradoxica

So, this is one of the most asked questions and I've been giving it a lot of thought. I also talked to the friend who had recommended Paradoxica and we theory-crafted for an hour or two regarding the dilemma of which to use.

The truth is that going Paradoxica might not be worth the trouble.

We lose the Cold/Fire damage from Rebuke, which means we're not chilling, we're not igniting, and so Yoke doesn't get scaled properly. As you've seen this isn't a huge deal, I did Sirus just fine without chill/ignites.

But if you want to scale Yoke with Paradoxica, you have swap an AS jewel to an Abyss with +cold damage for chills and drop an endurance charge to pick up Divine Fury for ignites

I have tested this and it works fine! Here's the jewel I got and the tree change:

I honestly can't tell the diff between having 6 Endurance charges, vs having 7, but is it worth trouble and expense? I am not so sure.

With Rebuke we don't have to worry about anything. We will inherently apply chills/ignites and I've been running 83 Heists with it just fine!

I actually scored me a very very nice roll for 40c last nite:

Another benefit of having Chill guaranteed, is that we can swap from Close Combat > Hypothermia, since the AoE portion of Smite isn't considered Melee. Meaning Close Combat, does nothing for it, while Hypothermia does apply to both the Melee and AoE.

Regarding the thresholds required for chills/ignites, keep in mind we do have a small amount of crit to proc Elemental Overload, so through those crits we apply ailments as well. Unless running Painseeker gloves, in which case the ailments get applied at higher dmg % anyway, so should be fine either way.

TLDR: Don't worry about getting a Paradoxica! In 83 Heist testing, Rebuke works just fine and let's you scale Yoke properly, while Paradoxica requires some additional considerations to properly scale with Yoke.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 12, 2020, 10:51:55 AM
3.12 Regarding Damage on Full Life, Alternate Quality Gems and other gear changes

Hi guys!

I made a lot of changes over the weekend and the build is really looking much stronger than before!

I highly recommend the setup below:

As you can see I've picked up the Alternate Quality options of several gems and these are what I've found to be the best options.

I've also switched shield to Esh's Mirror as the DPS buff you get from it can get pretty insane! Considering each pack is around 12-15 mobs, how many packs can you kill in 4 seconds? In a juiced T16 at least 2 and hopefully more. In the PoB export below you'll see what the effect of having killed 50 mobs is. This more than offsets losing Onslaught and it's more in theme with the build by scaling off of # of mobs around. Cost 10c corrupted.

Speaking of the theme of the build, Rampage is the perfect effect for a fast mapper for some more DPS and extra shiny fancy effects! These double corrupted gloves cost me 1EX. They also grant us additional Vaal Souls, so I dropped Culling Strike and added Vaal Haste into the mix for even faster everything ;)

I also switched Overflowing Chalice to Cinderswallow, which is a pretty nice DPS boost, but it means we have to be much smarter about flask use, cuz Overflowing really just lets you pretty much spam endlessly. Cost 55c

Another big change is a sick sick all DPS Circle of Regret! Since everyone goes for the -mana reservation mod, these double DPS ones are insanely cheap. I got this one for 45c. Make sure when you buy one to get the highest roll BEFORE CATALYSTS. And watch out for people putting rings for sale with a few Catalysts applied to make them seem like better rolls. You'll want to get the 60% lightning dmg, the herald buff effect doesn't make that much diff if it isn't perfect roll.

Lastly, regarding Damage on Full Life. The reality is that "Melee" supports only help the main attack, but do NOTHING for the AoE and I think we all agree: "we like the AoE more!" ;)

So! We are a Jugg, we have a lot of regen, more now with the Rampage gloves, we have endless Warcry Healing and we have a Seething Life flask which is pretty much full always, as I run with Ryslatha pantheon. The number of times you'll NOT be Full Life shouldn't be many. And if you look at Ruthless, only every third hit really does anything useful, so right now 2 of out 3 hits is a 5L hit. I believe Full Life is just better and it benefits both Melee and AoE portions of the attack.

If losing culling is a concern, you can add it to a second totem on weapon swap, so you can cull annoying single target bosses from a distance.

If you notice, because of this same Melee support issue I am now running Awaken Lightning Pen which also benefits both Melee and AoE, so although there are options that may appear as more DPS in PoB, they won't benefit both portions of the attack.

In mapping all these changes feel amazing! I'll post some videos later...

For now here are the stats at 1000 Rampage + 50 mobs killed in the last 4secs:

https://pastebin.com/mkkTv2dm

One last thing that I think is really cool, is how the build is looking freshly imported into PoB:

Usually when you import someone's active toon into PoB and it looks right away something like this before ticking boxes, it's a very good sign of viability!

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 13, 2020, 11:39:50 AM
3.12 Regarding Cluster Jewels and Megalomania

Hi guys!

Just a quick update regarding Cluster Jewels. As you've noticed I avoid them. Why? Well, it's a personal choice. I think stacking them makes creating builds a bit mindless and I have no interest in making builds exploiting game mechanics.

IMHO anyone can make a build stacking a bunch of X thing to overload the game limits and create a broken build. The only limitation to playing a build like that is then just the expense as everyone is going for the same broken mechanic.

How much fun does that sound to you? To me, not very much... Playing the same thing thousands of other people are playing and paying ridiculous amounts for items you put on and you literally cannot tell you've equipped them, cuz the build is already so overpowered.

Anyway, so that's why I don't like Cluster Jewels. Except ONE...

"Megalomania"

Why? Cuz it's just 1 and it can roll a ton of different things, so you have to be smart about what you search for and you have to work with what you're given.

I had been looking for a way to recover those 3 points to mana/life leech and Megalomania with "Fuel The Fight" does just what I need. Besides that I'll take a ton of different combinations. So I searched and found these for 66c and 10c:

Heraldry also means that we can drop Wave of Conviction. So, have to think about what else I could do there, maybe Phase Run, Frost Bomb, will see what options there are...

And here are several other good ones I found without Fuel:

Will probably be testing a lot of Megas to see what I like best.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 14, 2020, 3:35:54 PM
Hey,

How do you leech life? your current set up has no sources that I see. Bloodrage reliance I guess?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 14, 2020, 9:15:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info