Portal and Identify Scrolls - Do we really need them?

I like the scrolls.

It's a simple and straightforward mechanic that IMO doesn't really need tweaking.
"
DeathSpear wrote:
I enjoy picking up rares and not knowing what it does until I identify it. I think it is fun. But to each their own.

Yes its fun to identify rares!
I don't mind the TP or Wisdom scrolls. I usually try to push through to the next WP and don't pick up all the crap forcing a return to town via TP.

So I end up building up a supply of them and selling them for ID scrolls. Nothings better than starting out a new char and pulling a stack of 40 wisdoms from the stash.
Torchlight 2 Beta had 3 tabs(awesome) with Consumables on their own tab and you could insta-identify(awesome) items without slowing down much. I don't like managing scrolls of either type so I would prefer to do without is some way.

Diablo 3 has a town portal skill that I would like to see to reduce/get rid of micromanaging scrolls.

Inventory space is WAY limited so I don't want crap clogging it up and having to make multiple trips. Mechanics should make the game More fun, not more Monotonous :(
"
Shoep wrote:
I kind of like the system the way it is, reminds me of playing 'older' games like Diablo 2. The fact that another MMO's don't use this system doesn't really say much, i mean... Most games have in-game gold or currency, rather than a barter economy.

PoE retains certain relatively harmless features that recall what many of us probably consider a pinnacle of the ARPG. I think their presence is part of a bigger plan to attract precisely the sort of player who feels that way.

Even if that sort of player is outnumbered 10,000 to 1 in the current gaming market.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 27, 2012, 1:17:12 AM
I like them.. but for the love of god we need a tome else I think some high levels will have an entire bank page dedicated to stacks of them.

"
"
Shoep wrote:
I kind of like the system the way it is, reminds me of playing 'older' games like Diablo 2. The fact that another MMO's don't use this system doesn't really say much, i mean... Most games have in-game gold or currency, rather than a barter economy.

PoE retains certain relatively harmless features that recall what many of us probably consider a pinnacle of the ARPG. I think their presence is part of a bigger plan to attract precisely the sort of player who feels that way.

Even if that sort of player is outnumbered 10,000 to 1 in the current gaming market.

and absolutely sometimes a game company needs to say no to current trends and stick with whats original and whats known.

Look at D3 masses are disappointed, bored. I'm not just saying this from a PoE perspective I've seen and heard it countless times at work, on EvE, etc etc.

You cave in to temptation as a company give players everything they want to make their lifes easier, less complicated you get D3, or possibly Free Realms... or... Hello Kitty online, all the same.
Last edited by Neokolzia on May 27, 2012, 2:20:55 AM
"
PutridShadow wrote:
Torchlight 2 Beta had 3 tabs(awesome) with Consumables on their own tab and you could insta-identify(awesome) items without slowing down much. I don't like managing scrolls of either type so I would prefer to do without is some way.

Diablo 3 has a town portal skill that I would like to see to reduce/get rid of micromanaging scrolls.

Inventory space is WAY limited so I don't want crap clogging it up and having to make multiple trips. Mechanics should make the game More fun, not more Monotonous :(

And there is a town portal skill in PoE. You just have to find the gem for it.

I can agree with this to some extent...

while i think they are an ok thing to have in the game..
trying to identify blue items that may be good for me is really difficult and often times i just let items rot because i dont want to waste the scrolls.

I think it would be good to have to identify items yellow and up..but not for blues.
I searched for and could not find the post but....

I do recall a forum moderator saying the validity of "scrolls" was being looked into. As they become overly abbundant at higher levels or with a few characters.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
You can always trade in huge amount of scrolls for orbs. Then upgrade the orbs for higher ones again.

They aren't really needed, but they are fun!

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info