3.12.2 Patch Notes Preview

Thank you GGG for the fixes and balance.

I love this league mechanic, it is really a great experience - without the bugs ofc - to play "end game" while leveling, i actually enjoy it more than mapping, or i rather say it's a really amazing and fun end game alternative activity! I love to see it go core.

I actually like that the "Guard-Alert" part was removed as i didn't really found any way to avoid guards, except some bystanders and patrols. So it was rather annyoing/discouraging to fight anything, which of course is not the best outcome in an ARPG.

I think the League still true to it's identity: Grab as many loot as you can, think chest priorities ect. than prepare for escape.

Last but not least: True respect for pulling such an immersive league, not only the maps(and a new town!), the system but the NPC characters are actually really interesting and their voice acting is priceless!

Many thanks! :)
STOP nerfing heist even more. STOP listening to reddit.

Reddit cried so hard you nerft it to the ground. It's not heist or thrill anymore, its just opening chests.
"
Xzorn wrote:
"
ReignGames wrote:

Edit:

Due to seeing people clearly don't understand things still...

Monster alert levels being removed was necessary, otherwise the nerf to reductions in alert levels from equipment, perks, etc... would not be tolerable. As is, they're currently additive and with enough combined reductions, you can literally loot every single chest in every single Heist run easily. With the change to multiplicative, we'll be, I assume, at a similar level of loot that we could get before the monster alert change was made.

People who want the previous Guard Alert system want it for game play purposes. Not loot. Everything you said was loot related.

Without the need to avoid guards Heist is pretty much pick X many chests to open and leave. There's no longer an identity to the League.

It might as well be the treasure room at the end of labs.

GGG tried, and failed. I'm not saying they can't do it, but to do what perhaps - some - players truly wanted would require more dev and a lot of new mechanics.

What would have been nice is sneaking in shadows, guards that patrol completely out of the way, d20 roll on some intelligence check (lol) if you do come up to some guards protecting loot, etc.

It would be a completely different game inside this game. Thankfully BG3 is around the corner if you want this exact same thing and more.

This is PoE and it's all about loot. League identity is not really a thing in this game except perhaps identifying a league is either a crafting league or a non-crafting league, heh. That's about the extent of it.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 23, 2020, 10:27:05 PM
Excellent, but again, this is what the 1,000 hour QA testers are for - not us.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
This is the worst league start I've seen in a long time, I'm hoping this fixes most of the issues. FeelsBadMan
There is no mention of hiest bosses in the patch notes :( It looks like The Twins aren't ready yet:
"
We're planning to introduce some Heist content after the initial expansion release, most likely by the end of the first week. This is noteworthy because some of these bosses are necessary for challenge completion.

"
danteafk wrote:
STOP nerfing heist even more. STOP listening to reddit.

Reddit cried so hard you nerft it to the ground. It's not heist or thrill anymore, its just opening chests.

If you want to go from killing 1,000 mobs a minute to protecting Tibbs while he hits his chest with his knees while he buggily runs to hide behind his demolition shield as you kite two dozen guards around who can each one shot you if you stop, instead of fighting them, then sure - stop listening! That's what they should do, because that was some great "stealth" we had for a few days, with all those dead guards raising the alert while we got to open one chest per heist. At least we still have Tullina to spend 20 seconds sneaking in to open a single door for us so we can really still feel the rush.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
So when will you guys patch turbulent catalyst effects damage tag?

Is it abandoned?
thank you GGG great work.
Any word on Crackling Lance/Intensify getting fixed? I was so excited to league start with it and then no damage :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info