3.12.2 Patch Notes Preview

I'll wait for the patch to see what Heist is like after. Alert from killing guards made for some interesting build decisions which... ended up making regular content unfun to play. PoE is designed around quickly killing many monsters and a build that isn't wholly devoted to that goal has trouble outside Heist. Now if a player wanted to exclusively do Heist content, that wouldn't be much of an issue but no, players do want to do regular content too. Especially when Lv 68+ contracts aren't sold by the barber, incentivising you to go to the Atlas.
Can you please implement the killing enemies Alert system just with summons and AoE effects in mind. This no longer feels like a new league mechanic.

We already have mapping. We don't need another version of it. I don't get why you guys caved in so quickly when Blight was upheld strongly in it's mechanics and turned into a refreshing tangent from the rest of the game's mind numbing speed runs.

Seriously. You guys revamped the Atlas and I was bored by my 5th Sirus 8 kill. Do new things. Please.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Please revert the alert changes on guards to something more sensible.

There were some definite issues which needed addressing, but simply deleting alert from guards entirely has completely gutted the league mechanic.
I said it before in an earlier thread, but I think the alert mechanic was a good one, and should be re-implemented in some fashion...like...

Leave the alert meter tied to chests only, and add “breakpoints” to the alert meter. If you gain enough alert throughout the first phase of the heist to pass a “breakpoint” there are changes to the escape. Easiest way to implement this is for each breakpoint passed, a boss is present during the escape, and if you can fill the alert meter A main boss is present / blocks your escape until killed.

This brings back the risk / reward system of opening a bunch of stuff, which angers the mobs, and causes a retaliation in the form of bosses to make your escape harder.

You already have special guards that could act as the bosses. You could also tie certain drops to the bosses only as another reward for increasing the alert level.

This would be a smooth way to increase the difficulty curve and telegraph to the players the “breakpoints” on their risk / reward.

I enjoy heist and the system, I just think by making alert tied to chests only you have practically removed the danger of raising alert, which was a good mechanic to begin with.
Patch Notes.

Well, exploit hard, exploit fast and exploit often before its fixed BIOs
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
As much as abusing the current system is lucrative, the reward type chests (e.g. delirium rewards) really should not be available before the complex goes into lockdown, and really should be available after lockdown.

It makes sense too - the complex reallocates guards from the treasure rooms to hunt down the thieves that stole the important McGuffin.

Yesterday's changes to alert removed the fun from the league.
Le Toucan Will Return
Imagine still ignoring players getting stuck inside the stupid doors and you have to relog and lose all your loot..

or the part where you still not mention the infinite spawn mobs bug, perhaps you hotfixed it but never mention it.. was still happening yesterday.

I guess reddit dont care too much about those bugs cuz it doesnt affect them.

Think carefully the next league mechanic for the love of whatever you believe devs.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Sep 23, 2020, 8:30:27 PM
Unsure if this has been made known as a bug report...

It would be wise to look into the Abysses. Most of them will either chain a few times then continuously spawn mobs for upwards for 3 minutes before registering a "failure to kill fast enough" result, or do this on the first fracture.

Beyond that, there's obviously plenty more still out there that aren't being dealt with as of this patch, but really, the most important ones are being dealt with as of this patch, and that's what matters to me.

I'm proud of the speed of fixes that you guys and gals over there have been getting to compared to a year or two ago. Keep up the good work, and keep improving yourselves.

Also, push the testing team to do better, I can understand things like COVID-19 causing a lot of things to be dealt with from home, but there's not much of an excuse, when game breaking bugs that are blatantly obvious get through, and found within hours of launch. I respect the hell out of this company and still place GGG up at the top of the food chain when it comes to comparing them to most other companies out there these days, and the content that is put out.

Edit:

Due to seeing people clearly don't understand things still...

Monster alert levels being removed was necessary, otherwise the nerf to reductions in alert levels from equipment, perks, etc... would not be tolerable. As is, they're currently additive and with enough combined reductions, you can literally loot every single chest in every single Heist run easily. With the change to multiplicative, we'll be, I assume, at a similar level of loot that we could get before the monster alert change was made.

Another thing, before some of you rage about things like "getting stuck in doors not being fixed", maybe take the time to actually read the patch notes next time.
Last edited by ReignGames on Sep 23, 2020, 8:38:25 PM
Thanks GGG, really enjoying the alternate qual gems this league, opens a lot of doors for theorycrafting.

Also, eagerly awaiting the loreweave/tailor orb nerf and the resulting salt, like the Purposeful Harbinger thing all over again haha.

Temp Leagues always are riddled with bugs just a shame this one has had more than any other temp league ever :(
Being told that all leagues up until Poe2 release are the best content and we have so many bugs not fun!

The alert system is better now that Killing Monsters in an Arpg is gone this allows all players and builds to engage in the content however. Now we literally just stack reduced alert on opening chests on every inventory rogue slot and Grand heist to be able to open literally everything.

Make Small chests penalize more alert 90% of the time small chests are better, make 1 in 3 zones have patrols again including grand heists

I'm enjoying the League besides the bugs I know those will be fixed but much like harvest when the team goes to work on the next league I hope we will have Quality of life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info