[0.10.4b] Zeus - The Lightning Strike Tank

What's your DPS with this build? I did not see any IPD in the tree (besides strength), and I feel as though, without IPD, Lightning Strike's damage will be a bit low, since the lightning damage is converted physical damage. In my opinion, it is best to have both IPD and WED for a converted damage build, so that your increases apply twice to the Lightning damage (increased phys, which converts to lightning, which then gets the WED bonus). Perhaps I'm missing something? I had always thought it was best to get both on converted damage skills.
"
Toesty wrote:
What's your DPS with this build? I did not see any IPD in the tree (besides strength), and I feel as though, without IPD, Lightning Strike's damage will be a bit low, since the lightning damage is converted physical damage. In my opinion, it is best to have both IPD and WED for a converted damage build, so that your increases apply twice to the Lightning damage (increased phys, which converts to lightning, which then gets the WED bonus). Perhaps I'm missing something? I had always thought it was best to get both on converted damage skills.

The idea behind the build is not to do the best damage with LS, it is to be the tank of the group or to just come between your main DPSers and the bad guys. While applying shock stacks and deal pretty decent DPS.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Alrighty, I see. I think that might be for the best, it looks like you've got a nice, tanky build.
Updated it with LMP and Multistrike. It seems pretty strong.
Are you running this currently? I haven't had a chance to test out Multistrike yet but it seems amazing.

I sort of take back what I said about LMP being needed in a LS build for decent AOE coverage. I was running a bit without it and it works all right. You can't hit as much, but you don't nerf your damage as much either, and that frees up an extra socket for something else, like 20% added lightning damage for more shocking.
No, I went back to LA for more farming. If I die or make another character, it will probably be this.
Multistrike is a must have for LS IMO. It's extremely powerful. Personally I don't like using LMP but it is a totally viable way to play with LS. I would rather use the slot from LMP for something like Lightning Penetration.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
Multistrike is a must have for LS IMO. It's extremely powerful. Personally I don't like using LMP but it is a totally viable way to play with LS. I would rather use the slot from LMP for something like Lightning Penetration.

Yes, I changed the OP and added MS. I only suggest LMP with LS because it is rather insane with MS. The idea is to not really deal the most damage with this setup, but to apply as many shock stacks as possible, and keep the mob distracted. Thus why lightning pen isn't really in the gem setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info